pvp changes

Shaman
I can't help but think that the changes are misguided, the %5 buff was very careful ... these new changes are the complete opposite of that. It looks like people trying to get revenge for vanilla windfury all over again.

I pvp a little, and I'm no crazy pvp juggernaut, I get stunned and bursted down just like everyone else. Or in the case of hybrids like pallys and druids I can get worn down. I have run into good rogues in pickup arena, they can simply keep me in total stunlock while they kill the other player.

The severity and speed of these changes is way off base. This isn't a numbers problem it's a class problem.

Is shaman pvp burst a little strong? yes
is shaman pve weirdly underperforming? yes

solution?

take an ability out of the PVP talents and stick it in PVE baseline.

or

how about an incremental change for gods sake? The combination of the pvp nerfs synergistically is insanely huge. That kind of drastic change is bad for any class.

Clearly it wasn't thought out, sub 120 shamans have negative mana gain in pvp

get it together Blizzard, you aren't an indie company and you shouldn't have people making class changes that clearly have axes to grind.
couldnt have said it better myself.
The nerfs happened because of the tournament. The shaman nerfs were heavy and kinda weird. However, the couple weeks or so there suddenly appeared alot of enh shamans. If blizzard wasn't so heavy handed in their nerfs and plauers weren't so fast to fotm swap. Maybe wow would be in a far better place.
the three stormstrike talents are like a 50-66% increase in damage lol
there's a very good reason they were all mutually exclusive in legion, not sure how they couldn't see this coming a mile away

the damage and offhealing nerfs were pretty understandable (though maybe looking into enh's mitigation was a good idea), the mana regen one's pretty rough though. barely ever get to press non-damage buttons now :/
ikr my real problem with sham was how they performed in pvp instances i mean i do ok as enhancement and but i cant get a cast off as ele , wish they fix mobility or make us more tanky like fr something has to give not fair that we have 3 classes that would completely counter this spec in a fight ( dh feral rogues )
10/11/2018 11:05 PMPosted by Tyranova
the three stormstrike talents are like a 50-66% increase in damage lol
there's a very good reason they were all mutually exclusive in legion, not sure how they couldn't see this coming a mile away

is it really that much? well, some of that is probably chalked up to releasing the game too early, there was some kind of design/development philosophy change at Bliz this time, lots of stuff were just left to be finished up in post

10/11/2018 11:05 PMPosted by Tyranova
the damage and offhealing nerfs were pretty understandable (though maybe looking into enh's mitigation was a good idea), the mana regen one's pretty rough though. barely ever get to press non-damage buttons now :/

that's an excellent reflection, as it is now I have to spend the first man GCDs of a any fight on defensives, earth shield, and healing. I don't think many people understand that the first part of every fight is usually managing incoming attacks, where we do nearly zero damage.