On Alliance attacking Vulpera.

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 11 Next
10/18/2018 08:17 AMPosted by Sacarver
But why them? As if horde right now are that close to these foxes that killing them off would affect the horde.

Because we get new coats out of it.
10/18/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Mardrigala
On a side-note...does this happen only on the Horde-side of the war campaign, or is this something they're going to try to make us do on the Alliance side? Because if Blizzard expects me to murder adorable little fox gypsies....

/defect >_<

Screenshots suggest the Alliance players are also involved. Some of them were taken from an Alliance perspective, and the Purge Squad NPC's are friendly to them.
10/18/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Atillus
Don't like that?

No, I do. I'd like a Vulpera jacket, I'm just waiting for Blizz to make them skinable. Not to mention all the smoked Nelf hides I'd love to have used for something...

: )
10/18/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Fahrenheit
I wouldn't read too much into this and look for in depth reasoning. It's basically Blizzard's way of saying, without saying, Vulpera are going to be an Horde Allied race. I suspect the we'll be seeing something from Nisha or some other Vulpera/Horde aligned character about indiscriminately attacking Sethrak next. Subtlety isn't Blizzard's strong suit.

horde would have a very good reason to attack the snake people tho...

all that thing about releasing mythrax, assaulting zul'dazar, breaking the last seal and free'ing G'huun...
Like all of the allied races' reasons for joining one side or the other, it doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. It's all so forced.
Who cares? kill all the Horde sympathizers. I hear Vulpera coats are in fashion in Boralus, and we need a lot of pelts because those Kul'Tiran are large boned.
10/18/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Vloorg
10/18/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Fahrenheit
I wouldn't read too much into this and look for in depth reasoning. It's basically Blizzard's way of saying, without saying, Vulpera are going to be an Horde Allied race. I suspect the we'll be seeing something from Nisha or some other Vulpera/Horde aligned character about indiscriminately attacking Sethrak next. Subtlety isn't Blizzard's strong suit.

all that thing about releasing mythrax, assaulting zul'dazar, breaking the last seal and free'ing G'huun...

Those were the faithless
ITT: Horde try hards desperately trying to blow this up so they can feel better about themselves and their trash fashion.
10/18/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Lewwis
10/18/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Vloorg

Those were the faithless

They were Faithless. Korthek is dead, Sethraliss is reborn, Vorrik said he was going to reunify his people. Now all we need is some equally ham-fisted attack on newly Devoted Sethrak by Nisha or some Horde general that wanted assistance from Vorrik to fight the Alliance and was rebuffed. You can book it.
10/18/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Zenretsu
ITT: Horde try hards desperately trying to blow this up so they can feel better about themselves and their trash fashion.

ITT: Alliance try hards being hypocrites in justifying this "just because the Horde did similar or worse"

Anyone that thinks "it is horrible if our enemies do it but good if our side does it" has a double standard.

Go ahead and think you are justified for killing the vulpera, as opposed to just cutting them off from the Horde, it just proves that aside from Anduin and those that follow him, the alliance is the true monster faction. Horde may look bad and the forsaken may be dark gray if not outright evil, but most of the time we are open about it, we may not LIKE it, but we accept it. You alliance however, well, lets just say that you may look nice and just, yet your hearts are as black as a moonless night.
I found it simply ridiculous, incoherent with the lore and with the real actions that the Alliance led by Anduin would do.

Blizzard writer 1: "Hey so Horde players have been complaining about being forced to commit war crimes for a while, any idea how to make them feel better?"

Blizzard writer 2: "Maybe just have them not commit war crimes?"

Blizzard writer 1: "nah too hard, let's force the Alliance to do the same so they can both feel equally like !@#$"

They did this clearly to force the "morally gray" that our this ridiculous, since the WOD the history this absurdly badly written, full of hole and senseless things more and more glaring.

This game caught me in the story, and will make me drop it for the same reason.
10/18/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Fahrenheit
OK with the writing so long as Vulpera end up on the Horde and Sethrak on the Alliance. I don't care what happens in between. Seems like we're half way there, now we just need Nisha to go kill some Devoted Sethrak in her rage an we're home.

THing is none of the WQs Alliance does in Voldun goes towards Sethrak .

It all goes towards getting Dark Irons.

Also there is nothing the Horde does in Kul'tiras that goes towards them getting a race over there and I don't see Blizz giving the Alliance a race in Zandalar with out giving Horde one in Kul'tiras and besides that the Sethrak are working with both factions . They might be the Court of Farondis of BfA
this is just another bad attempt by the writers to push the 'morally grey' theme in the expansion. alliance could have all ready ended the war had they not been completely inept for the sake of the story.
10/18/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Antiman

Go ahead and think you are justified for killing the vulpera, as opposed to just cutting them off from the Horde, it just proves that aside from Anduin and those that follow him, the alliance is the true monster faction. Horde may look bad and the forsaken may be dark gray if not outright evil, but most of the time we are open about it, we may not LIKE it, but we accept it. You alliance however, well, lets just say that you may look nice and just, yet your hearts are as black as a moonless night.

That all you said just shows that this attack has no meaning at all, it's another absurdly forced script hole that is occurring throughout BFA's history.

There is no logic to Ally to make such an attack, even more as Anduin as the leader, if she were led by someone with the same ideas and Sylvanas history until they would have logic, but not.

Anduin would never be conniving with such an attack.

WoW is going through a serious problem of coherence in script, can not deny it.
We gave night elves the same treatment. We're all even now =)
10/18/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Zhiifang
10/18/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Starlagosa

Then we shouldn't hear 'the Horde is evil' for doing the same thing.

I mean the Horde still is evil though...2 wrongs do not make a right.

The Horde isn't evil.

But if you think the Horde is evil for doing the same things the Alliance does then doesn't that make them both evil in your pov?
10/18/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Antiman
10/18/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Zenretsu

ITT: Alliance try hards being hypocrites in justifying this "just because the Horde did similar or worse"

Anyone that thinks "it is horrible if our enemies do it but good if our side does it" has a double standard.

Coming from the faction with the Lich Queen as warchief. But really, quit being silly, at this point we are both being victims of the real monsters; bad writers. The rest are just trolling trying to get under your skin.

10/18/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Atillus
They were assisting our Enemies that makes them a valid target.

Don't like that? Well tough, welcome to the World of Warcraft. It happens all the time in war. A group aides one side in the war, even if in an almost meaningless way, then becomes a target for the other group.

Guess the Fuzz Gypsies should have thought this through?

I can't wait to decorate my armor with fox tails.

You are in the wrong faction.
This move is bad writing on so many levels.

Strategically speaking, attacking the Vulpera is POINTLESS. By the events of 8.1, Vol'dun holds absolutely no value for the Zandalari or the Horde, because Mythrax has already been freed. That was literally the only reason we were there, it was the underlying point of the entire zone storyline, to prevent Mythrax from being freed by the General and the Faithless.

So, the Alliance decides to commit genocide against the Vulpera because...they ONCE helped the Horde try to stop a servant of an Old God from being released, which would be something the Alliance would very much want to stop themselves? Because Vol'dun holds some strategic value outside of forcing Alliance armies to march across a blistering desert, through a miasmic swamp swarming with blood trolls, and then across the broken terrain of northern Zuldazar to reach Dazar'Alor...when they could just land troops at the Grand Bazaar via ships?

I mean...seriously. WTF? What earthly value does Vol'dun hold that would incite the Alliance to commit genocide against a race like the Vulpera, who are nomads with no organized government or structure?

And plot wise, what purpose does having the Alliance commit a pointless atrocity serve? If having the Vulpera join the Horde as an allied race is the ultimate goal of the plotline, there are about 36,954 other ways to do it from a plot perspective that make way more sense.

There better be a WHOLE lot more to this plotline than what we've seen, or it'll go down in history as even stupider and more pointless than the whole "burn the tree and commit genocide because night elf #19772 triggered Sylvanas" bullpucky.
10/18/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Siyara
This move is bad writing on so many levels.

Strategically speaking, attacking the Vulpera is POINTLESS. By the events of 8.1, Vol'dun holds absolutely no value for the Zandalari or the Horde, because Mythrax has already been freed. That was literally the only reason we were there, it was the underlying point of the entire zone storyline, to prevent Mythrax from being freed by the General and the Faithless.

So, the Alliance decides to commit genocide against the Vulpera because...they ONCE helped the Horde try to stop a servant of an Old God from being released, which would be something the Alliance would very much want to stop themselves? Because Vol'dun holds some strategic value outside of forcing Alliance armies to march across a blistering desert, through a miasmic swamp swarming with blood trolls, and then across the broken terrain of northern Zuldazar to reach Dazar'Alor...when they could just land troops at the Grand Bazaar via ships?

I mean...seriously. WTF? What earthly value does Vol'dun hold that would incite the Alliance to commit genocide against a race like the Vulpera, who are nomads with no organized government or structure?

And plot wise, what purpose does having the Alliance commit a pointless atrocity serve? If having the Vulpera join the Horde as an allied race is the ultimate goal of the plotline, there are about 36,954 other ways to do it from a plot perspective that make way more sense.

There better be a WHOLE lot more to this plotline than what we've seen, or it'll go down in history as even stupider and more pointless than the whole "burn the tree and commit genocide because night elf #19772 triggered Sylvanas" bullpucky.

I agree and the funny part is every one that talked smack about the tree burning down is going to help kill them and use that as an excuse for them doing it. Despite the Vulpera having nothing to do with it.

Oh and to top it off they will continue to spout how morally superior they are just because they are alliance even after doing so.