Post your best time in WoW recently

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 13 Next
I had the same experience as OP: after a tank and dps ditched in lower blackrock spire, the healer, a dps and my lowbie hunter cleared the rest using teamwork/coordinated CC, with a lot of exploring (aka being lost)/communication/joking around inbetween.

It sounds silly, but for me it recaptured what made early WoW so great, when your small pug is comprised of surprisingly competent and fun people and just getting through the dungeon turns into a full clear and a fun, memorable experience.

I've been forcing myself to level up mostly through quests in old content which is often the painfully redundant staple of kill/fetch quests. However every once in awhile I rediscover really well written stories or my personal favorite, the hilariously ridiculous quests. Sometimes I wish I could reach out to the quest writers for an occasional high five.

Also: leveling up through wrath and panda with the music on.
Spent the day with a friend doing the Uuna storyline and getting Baa'l. Was nice to just relax, complain about running all over and talk in discord. The we raided.
10/18/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Sacarver
Lets have a positive thread and talk about a time you had recently that you really enjoyed.

I was leveling this char and I like to do a dungeon a night to try to level her (as I am super unmotivated to level) anyway I got put into a LBRS. It was originally a group of 5, we lost our tank tho and another dps. We got requed but didn't find anyone for half an hour, so a priest a warrior and I 3 manned it and it was honestly really fun. I used to be too hard core with stuff with this game, be in raiding or going really hard in rbgs. I returned 4 months ago after a break and so far since being back. This was my highlight and I loved it.

Share yours!!

Just turned my sub off, best experience i have had this xpac. No longer do i feel like i have to grind rep or grind my necklace to keep up with others . Great feeling.
10/18/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Yoja
10/18/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Xoja
Playing Legion doing Legion things. I really enjoyed that expansion, it was a breath of fresh air.

Your name is awfully close to mine.

awfully

close.

Copycat! We’ve been over this :D
10/18/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Opera
I quit during Cata so I missed the last expansions, including Draenor.

My best "OMG" moment since re-starting the game wasn't in BfA. It was when I was exploring Draenor and came upon Auchindoun, which I had only seen as ruins in TBC.

I stayed there getting attacked by mobs for a solid two minutes just looking around and staring with my jaw dropped. Nothing in BfA or Legion (what I've explored so far) rivals how I felt seeing Auchindoun. It rivaled riding into Nagrand for the first time in TBC.

I did the same thing during the beta! I remember seeing it and was riding around on the ground looking at it for at least 10 minutes.
Well during legion, I was on my lock and a random boomy and me took down one of those raid level invasion bosses by ourselves.

After many deaths and a long soul drain channel, we took him down.

Something small but we felt incredibly proud.
I've only been here since August, so I haven't done dungeons or other high end stuff yet. My accomplishments are pretty small in comparison to the longtime vets here.

Easily beating the endgame boss in a quest storyline give me a lift because it means I understand my class and geared Olak right. Then again, ProtWarrior is like riding a bike with training wheels. You really can't mess that up.

Following the lore better and knowing my way around Azeroth is also a positive step in the right direction as well.
Last night, finally killed Mythic Zek'voz after 88 wipes. It was one that we struggled on as a group due to communication and it was our first real "struggle" as a guild.
On this character, finishing the quest (which was surprisingly difficult to do solo) to heal the turtle island and make it back to the temple to decide whether to join the alliance or horde. I had intended for this character to join the alliance from the start, but I found the decision to be surprisingly meaningful. I stopped to consider it, and it made me feel good to have an important game decision.
10/18/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Ythisens
Last night, finally killed Mythic Zek'voz after 88 wipes. It was one that we struggled on as a group due to communication and it was our first real "struggle" as a guild.

Was that in one sitting? That’s a lot of wipes lol
I went to throne of thunder on a whim and got the mount drop. And I was reminded of how fun MoP destro was.

Those were the days.
Our first mythic Taloc Kill last week when he gave me a 385 wand and 395 trinket.

Then this week Taloc said "Mistwynd, here have some more loot!" .... and gave me 385 boots.

Mythic Taloc loves me <3
i critted a bunny rabit 4 all it helth n i was liek boom hedshot lololololol
Wiping 20 times on Zek'voz in Uldir Heroic.

Those mechanics were designed for mythic, I'm not sure why they made them for Heroic.
10/18/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Sacarver
Lets have a positive thread and talk about a time you had recently that you really enjoyed.

I was leveling this char and I like to do a dungeon a night to try to level her (as I am super unmotivated to level) anyway I got put into a LBRS. It was originally a group of 5, we lost our tank tho and another dps. We got requed but didn't find anyone for half an hour, so a priest a warrior and I 3 manned it and it was honestly really fun. I used to be too hard core with stuff with this game, be in raiding or going really hard in rbgs. I returned 4 months ago after a break and so far since being back. This was my highlight and I loved it.

Share yours!!

Back in vanilla, we used to 3 or 4 man dungeons for fun. Yes it took a bit but it was a blast, we would even take a lunch break in the middle of a particularly long dungeon run and plan out strats. Did the same for non heroic BC dungeons.
10/18/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Ythisens
Grats!
10/18/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Callofdooty
i critted a bunny rabit 4 all it helth n i was liek boom hedshot lololololol

lmfao
Anything that allows for player agency and not relying on RNG.

Which so far this expansion has been limited to pvp victories and the occasional herbing binge.
Mythic Zul kill last night.

This whole raid week was lovely, farm done on first day, fresh kill last night and tonight is progress on a new boss. :)
Wrath of the Lich King