3.2mill subs @Launch to Current 1.7mill

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 15 Next

Your logic doesn't support your claim. Where is the connection? Blizzard closing threads to stop false information from running rampant doesn't prove your assertion.

Yes, it is absolute proof.

They would not go into panic mode and shut down the forums over a random fake claim.

No, that is the number.

They have done everything possible to bury this information and certainly are behind the campaign to make people think it is false.

Still waiting on your proof....
10/19/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Zugnificent
10/19/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Snowfox
It's all over the weakauras issue with it showing over 50% too.

You're aware of all that right?

I'm unclear what you're referring to. The reddit post about the WA thread? Or something else?

And again, I provided you my source. You could at least return the favor rather than making me play 20 questions, Snow.

Your source was just a person on reddit pushing the same "it's 1.7M" and complaining about moderation. It was literally just some random person's post. That wasn't a source. It's a random post from a random person.

Here's one from someone actually involved and intimate with it.

https://twitter.com/perculia/status/1052023039616053249
10/19/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Rastlin
Yes, it is absolute proof.

They would not go into panic mode and shut down the forums over a random fake claim.

No, that is the number.

They have done everything possible to bury this information and certainly are behind the campaign to make people think it is false.

So Blizzard shut down the forums to ALL its games, as well as shut down login servers for Overwatch, as a panic knee-jerk to unsubstantiated claims of subscriber numbers, based on an API info leak?

Did you bring me a tinfoil hat?
10/19/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Kato
Right or wrong. 1.7 million subscribers is still healthy. Why does it matter? Are any other MMORPGs that DO report subs close to 1.7 million?

Clearly you've never been to any of the FF websites.
(and yes my grammar has gotten better; go me!)
10/19/2018 08:31 AMPosted by Jelli
if you got those numbers from the WA twitter, they're wrong.
Even though the numbers are not accurate or probably don't pain a full picture, I think the percentage drop off is reflective of reality.

Blizzard is doing too many desperate things to get subs and keep play time going. The six month boat mount, and now finding accounts that don't have BfA and giving them a three day trial.... a lot of the moves lately smack of desperation.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I'm unclear what you're referring to. The reddit post about the WA thread? Or something else?

And again, I provided you my source. You could at least return the favor rather than making me play 20 questions, Snow.

Your source was just a person on reddit pushing the same "it's 1.7M" and complaining about moderation. It was literally just some random person's post. That wasn't a source. It's a random post from a random person.

Here's one from someone actually involved and intimate with it.

https://twitter.com/perculia/status/1052023039616053249

I know and have interacted with Perculia in various interactions. I'm also involved with WAs. You're also misinterpreting what is being said. Wowhead having 11m users means nothing about active blizzard subs and is as much an extrapolation as my source was. Unique users in and of itself means it could be the same user, but on different devices or after cleared cookies, etc. It's a flawed metric.

And, again, I was just saying that the sub numbers issue can be spun to be plausible. I wasn't saying that proves it, or doesn't. Nor does Perculia's tweet.

Has anyone told you that you can be really frustrating to communicate with? I try, in good faith, but you can be really frustrating to communicate with. :)
10/19/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Rastlin

Those numbers are correct.
This is a fact.
It is not in dispute

The author of the WA tweet: "0 proof to this and no way to proof it since the source has vanished". Unsurprisingly, extraordinary claim, which was technically unlikely if not altogether unfeasible, and made without any evidence is taken as objective fact by a certain segment of the playerbase. There is nothing to indicate that that number is true.

Blizzard later directly contacted WA and further dispelled the notion. What more do you need?
10/19/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Caledonii
Blizzard is doing too many desperate things to get subs and keep play time going. The six month boat mount, and now finding accounts that don't have BfA and giving them a three day trial.... a lot of the moves lately smack of desperation.

Yeah and some chicken-littleing people were claiming RAF in wotlk was a sign of Blizzard's desperation too.

10/19/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Zugnificent
Has anyone told you that you can be really frustrating to communicate with? I try, in good faith, but you can be really frustrating to communicate with. :)

Yes, when people are trying to push false claims, I can be frustrating to argue with because I'll be refusing to accept those false claims. You'll want me to concede or roll over - and I'm just not going to.
Even though the numbers are not accurate or probably don't pain a full picture, I think the percentage drop off is reflective of reality.

Yet they've literally done similar things for over a decade.
10/19/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Rastlin

Those numbers are correct.
This is a fact.
It is not in dispute

3rd party make up numbers and are beholdeb to no one. Only reason they post that is an effort to contribute in dogpilijg blizz. Unless it comes from blizz . all numbers are false.

And that's a fact.
10/19/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Snowfox

Yes, when people are trying to push false claims, I can be frustrating to argue with because I'll be refusing to accept those false claims. You'll want me to concede or roll over - and I'm just not going to.

So you'll insist that my premise--that the 3.2/1.7 situation could be, given certain data sets, history, etc., plausible, is just completely incorrect because WoWhead got a lot of 'unique' visitors in August? That data from wowhead "disproves" (your word, not mine) the 3.2/1.7? Let me remind you that you're saying one third party's data about their site disproves another third party's data/discovery (within a Blizzard app/site) about Blizzard.

That's what I mean.
10/19/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Rastlin
10/19/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Zulani

Sadly the source of your "correct facts" doesn't agree with you. Disputed unfortunately.

1.7 million is absolutely a fact.
(Of course, it may have fallen further since release of this fact.)

How do I know this? What is the proof:

Proof: When the information was released, Blizzard shut down the forums for 4+ hours. And they 404'd everything mentioning this information.

If it was fake, they would not panic like this.

My logic is undeniable.
This is the current sub number.

Thought I was the only one who noticed that. They panicked hard and made stupid decisions and got rid of all of the posts that talked about the low subs entirely. They made it so stupidly obvious that those numbers are either correct or near correct. If they were false they had nothing to hide nor worry about.

Anyone who still thinks the numbers are "disproven" youre lips are clearly firmly planted on blizzards lower regions. Logic and reasoning does not support your theories, it supports the low numbers theory.

Otherwise, give some hard proof the numbers aren't real.

Should we go over the myriad of systems over the years Blizzard has introduced to grow the playerbase that some also claimed was indicative of impending doom? "I think the percentage drop off is reflective of reality" - and fortunately, there is absolutely no objective evidence behind that claim.
10/19/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Cágé
DOOM AND GLOOM!

DOOOOOOOM AND GLOOOOOOOOOM!! 11!???!!!! 11111!?! 1!?!?!!!!!

Whats funny is have the doom trolls actually given thought to where they will go to proclaim doom if wow did shut down? I mean this is their trolling outlet they will have nothing and no one to see their posting if that happens.

I mean i see people posting on here about how much wow is dying and everyone would be better off leaving....yet here they are still playing and posting month after month. They are trolls just here to post poo because they cant have a decent conversation about anything else.

BfA has problems and things im def not a fan of , but to say omg wow is dead were all domed is farcical.
10/19/2018 08:31 AMPosted by Derka
You shouldn't believe anything you read on the internet.

especially this
10/19/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Youmadbrew
...Even though the numbers are not accurate or probably don't pain a full picture, I think the percentage drop off is reflective of reality.

Should we go over the myriad of systems over the years Blizzard has introduced to grow the playerbase that some also claimed was indicative of impending doom? "I think the percentage drop off is reflective of reality" - and fortunately, there is absolutely no objective evidence behind that claim.

I'm not sure there's a point.

The people who want to push the wow-is-dying narrative have absolutely zero interest in actual objective facts.

They want weapons to use - not facts to consider.
(citation needed)
10/19/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Snowfox
They want weapons to use - not facts to consider.

Exactly, yet they would be the first ones to cry if wow shut the servers down for good. They would have no outlet for this nonsense.
Yeah and some chicken-littleing people were claiming RAF in wotlk was a sign of Blizzard's desperation too.
The eternal optimism of Snowfox is boundless.