3.2mill subs @Launch to Current 1.7mill

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 15 Next
10/19/2018 09:26 AMPosted by Youmadbrew
10/19/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Sunandi

Thought I was the only one who noticed that. They panicked hard and made stupid decisions and got rid of all of the posts that talked about the low subs entirely. They made it so stupidly obvious that those numbers are either correct or near correct. If they were false they had nothing to hide nor worry about.

Anyone who still thinks the numbers are "disproven" youre lips are clearly firmly planted on blizzards lower regions. Logic and reasoning does not support your theories, it supports the low numbers theory.

Otherwise, give some hard proof the numbers aren't real.

You should read up on a concept known as the "burden of proof". In this case, WA twitter parroted some random person on Reddit and later said - "0 proof to this and no way to proof it since the source has vanished". It also appears to have been technically impossible for this to have occurred, given the number of requests that would have had to have been made in the short time this information was stated to have been available.

In this instance, the burden of proof requires that the one making the extraordinary claim (that WoW is down to 1.7 million subscribers) provide the evidence to back that claim. To give you an idea of why this is important, there is absolutely nothing you can do to prove that I did not wake up on the back of a dragon this morning. Does that, in fact, mean that I did? Of course not. The guy vanished, couldn't support his claim when confronted with evidence to the contrary, and there is simply no evidence to support that assertion. "Logic and reasoning" are words that are often misused to mean "my own personal feelings and convictions" these days.

I have met the full burden of proof with my logic.
10/19/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Rootluid
It just seems a little fishy to me that they replied to the sub count faster than they have ever replied to anything ever.

It was to keep stupid people from spamming the unholy hell out of their forums with false information. They always tackle false info leaks pretty hard to limit the drama from those who suck at critical thinking.

The movie idiocracy showcases quite a few people we have here on the forums. I've honestly never been more concerned about a fictional movie becoming nonfiction so rapidly.

The future looks very grim for the human race. My only solace is hoping that I'll be long dead before it fully kicks in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-CXXXgoRdo

I'm not sure it's sane to call something a "wild conspiracy theory" when it only affects a single game, no matter how many players it has.

That said, the Ozzie blowhard spouting off this rant demonstrates a very poor understanding of ... here, using his own language ... "very mathematical" topics.

Is the current expansion doing well? No.

Do you need an API to figure that out? No.

Do you think Blizzard isn't acutely aware of their mistakes?

It's stunning sometimes how much time people waste making YouTube rants for no reason.
10/19/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Rastlin

You do realize that the burden of proof requires actual proof, not just a supposedly ironclad thought process (which yours isn't), right?
10/19/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Bombsamdi
10/19/2018 10:05 AMPosted by Spinster

Neither side has actual facts.

Does my emptied out friends list count?

This is excellent additional evidence!
10/19/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Akston
10/19/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Sunandi

Thought I was the only one who noticed that. They panicked hard and made stupid decisions and got rid of all of the posts that talked about the low subs entirely. They made it so stupidly obvious that those numbers are either correct or near correct. If they were false they had nothing to hide nor worry about.

Anyone who still thinks the numbers are "disproven" youre lips are clearly firmly planted on blizzards lower regions. Logic and reasoning does not support your theories, it supports the low numbers theory.

Otherwise, give some hard proof the numbers aren't real.

Yep. They definitely got rid of every single post that mentions sub counts.

.....wait a second.

You will see, they will get around to 404'ing all these threads again.
Well yeah, the game is absolute trash now and everyone I know has already quit this expansion. Feelsbadman.
10/19/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes

You do realize that the burden of proof requires actual proof, not just a supposedly ironclad thought process (which yours isn't), right?

Wrong.
It is called a logical proof.
Server does feel a bit emptier now than it did before. Then again, sharding works in two ways: to both increase the amount of people in an area and to decrease the overload of people in an area. The best way you can test this? Have a friend (step one) come to Boralus or whatever the horde equivalent is and stand next to you out front of the inn or bank. They may or may not be there. Invite them, and they phase in. Sharding works both ways, so you *shouldnt* see too many people in one area, except during times when everywhere is full, like expansion launches and major content releases.
10/19/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Rastlin
10/19/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes

Wrong.

No, not wrong. What is a logical proof?

Logical proof is proof that is derived explicitly from its premises without exception. Logical proof is not the same as factual proof. In formal logic, a valid argument is an argument that is structured in such a way that if all it's premises are true, then it's conclusion then must also be true.

Your premises aren't true -- and even if you're asserting that they are, then the burden of proof of your premises falls on you, in order to justify your conclusion.
10/19/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Snowfox
10/19/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Sunfaller
Whatever the real numbers are, it seems Blizzard is too embarassed to counter the 1.7m claim.

When liars make up crap, they'll claim you have to disprove them.

.. and that's all to deflect from it being the liars who have to PROVE it.
Woo there, I thought you were the one against bile and venom, calling people liars?

Cool it Snowfox, you don't need to White Knight that hard.
10/19/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Caledonii
I thought you were the one against bile and venom, calling people liars?

Is there some other more appropriate word for someone who tells lies? Someone who runs is a runner. Someone who dives is a diver.

And someone who lies is a liar.
10/19/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Snowfox
Yeah we all knew that "1.7 rumor" was going to end up being pushed by people with an agenda who didn't give a damn about actual facts.

I don't want the game to die, I hope we have more than three million subs, the only thing I can find when I google how many copies of bfa sold shows that it sold 3 something million the first day, but it doesn't show anything else for number of copies.
So where do we find the actual facts about how many subs there are? I even went on wow guild progress and just started adding up server pop numbers, but I know that's just the players doing mythic +, I don't know whether it's in raiding or dungeons, but I'm guessing it's the dungeons.
So unless Blizzard does release sub numbers all we are left with is guess work and speculation because the actual facts are being kept a big secret.
I'm guessing the sales weren't all that hot since they didn't brag about ten million subs like they did at the start of WoD.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/5063-WoW-Down-to-5-6-Million-Subscribers. That's the rise and fall in WoD, and I'm one of few who actually liked WoD, at least the story line.
hey wraths numbers hit 12 million we are a pitifully low numbers compared to how things used to be
I don't know.. 14 years old. Slowly declining since it's peak of almost 12 million subscribers. I don't think 1.7 mil is that unreasonable. Every single raid night, we have less and less guildies signing in.
10/19/2018 09:26 AMPosted by Youmadbrew

You should read up on a concept known as the "burden of proof". In this case, WA twitter parroted some random person on Reddit and later said - "0 proof to this and no way to proof it since the source has vanished". It also appears to have been technically impossible for this to have occurred, given the number of requests that would have had to have been made in the short time this information was stated to have been available.

In this instance, the burden of proof requires that the one making the extraordinary claim (that WoW is down to 1.7 million subscribers) provide the evidence to back that claim. To give you an idea of why this is important, there is absolutely nothing you can do to prove that I did not wake up on the back of a dragon this morning. Does that, in fact, mean that I did? Of course not. The guy vanished, couldn't support his claim when confronted with evidence to the contrary, and there is simply no evidence to support that assertion. "Logic and reasoning" are words that are often misused to mean "my own personal feelings and convictions" these days.

No you haven't, but you are already aware of this I am sure.
10/19/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Snowfox
The actual facts are that the 1.7 million number is already completely disproven.

I know that Blizzard has said they are wrong, but when was it actually proven?
10/19/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Rastlin

Wrong.

No, not wrong. What is a logical proof?

Logical proof is proof that is derived explicitly from its premises without exception. Logical proof is not the same as factual proof. In formal logic, a valid argument is an argument that is structured in such a way that if all it's premises are true, then it's conclusion then must also be true.

Your premises aren't true -- and even if you're asserting that they are, then the burden of proof of your premises falls on you, in order to justify your conclusion.

My premises are clearly and obviously true.
They are self evident.
And my conclusions are logically proven.
The chances are less than winning the big lotto prize that the forums "just happened" to go down for the first time ever right when this news story about 1.7 million subs broke.
10/19/2018 12:15 PMPosted by Rastlin
My premises are clearly and obviously true.

No, they aren't.

They are self evident.

No, they aren't.

And my conclusions are logically proven.

And again, no, they aren't.

You seem to consistently be under the impression that your own opinion (and let's not mince words -- that's what it is) is an infallible, irrefutable fact.

It's a very narcissistic behavior, which is why you rub people the wrong way.
10/19/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Rastlin
10/19/2018 08:31 AMPosted by Jelli
if you got those numbers from the WA twitter, they're wrong.

Those numbers are correct.
This is a fact.
It is not in dispute

bahahaha man these forums now a days are a disease. Sad times.