Island Exp - Lost and all toons got pets :)

BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
Just to cement what was already suspected. Being defeated still grants loot.
Can confirm - if your goal is to farm the cosmetics - I would focus more on making sure you have enough time to kill more in phase 3 than winning.

Although, this does go hand in hand with keeping the opposite faction in check. If they're close to winning in phase 3, it might be worth killing them so they don't end the expedition before you have a chance to kill more rares/portals/bosses.
I believe someone on wowhead has proof of getting a surf jelly from a loss. Or some other mount. It's nice that what you do, still counts.
10/20/2018 08:28 AMPosted by Sammayu
Can confirm - if your goal is to farm the cosmetics - I would focus more on making sure you have enough time to kill more in phase 3 than winning.

Although, this does go hand in hand with keeping the opposite faction in check. If they're close to winning in phase 3, it might be worth killing them so they don't end the expedition before you have a chance to kill more rares/portals/bosses.

lol, no. stop this mystical humbo jumbo. the best way to get more loot from expeditions is just to play on normal and win them faster.

waiting around for special events isn't going to get you items faster. playing more matches will.
10/20/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Comedy
lol, no. stop this mystical humbo jumbo. the best way to get more loot from expeditions is just to play on normal and win them faster.

waiting around for special events isn't going to get you items faster. playing more matches will.

That's like telling people the best way to get mounts in arathi is by aoeing trash and skipping the rares that actually drop that loot.

You need rares to get loot, and some of the mobs tied to drops are from events. You sure as heck aren't getting the pirate themed bird mount or neat undead monkey pet AoEing killing gators and ending before the pirate event starts that's for sure.
Question, is there a way to tell how many you've ran?