Invincible farm

General Discussion
10/21/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Dorphrazor
I've been farming for 4 years-ish now

The Light of Dawn
Defeat the Lich King in Icecrown Citadel in 25-player Heroic mode.
12/14/2015

..that's not even 3 years, but.. ok.

There's nothing you can "do" to give a mount a better chance of dropping.
....apart from standing on one leg, patting your head and rubbing your tummy.. that always increases the drop chance slightly.
Whatever you do, do not look at my ICC history.
I wish there was an Invisible mount, especially with Cloud Serpent motions. Imagine seeing someone just bouncing up and down in mid-air.
10/21/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Velara
10/21/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Kodanüzahunt
Yea but how will anyone see it if it's invincible?

/facepalm

Dictionary online.

10/21/2018 03:14 PMPosted by Veränder
invincible and invisible are two different words my friend

Whooooooooosh
I hot mine Oct 4 2018 and been farming since 2015
10/21/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Werbatim
10/21/2018 02:39 PMPosted by Aliandrin
If you look at WoWhead's numbers for rare mount drops, they're all a little under what the accepted drop chance is.

For example, stuff that's accepted to be 1% is generally around .9%.

With the fact that most players stop farming it when they get one, if anything, the data they get should show it as over, not under.

I think they're juking the numbers and flagging people as ones they know they can keep grinding, so they artificially deflate your chance to get that drop if they know you're a grinder and it'll extend your sub.

No, the drop chance calculated by wowhead will be very close to 1% because for every player who gets it on the first try another gets it on try #200.

Right, but it should be a little over, not a little under, because every set ends on a yes. When people stop trying right after a certain result, that's going to skew the numbers.

The probability of a flipped coin being tails is 50/50, but if everyone stops right after they get tails, you are going to get more tails, see?

50% of people will get tails right off the bat. These guys will contribute [100% tails] to the wowhead data.

With 50% of people contributing 100% tails, and everyone else contributing at least some tails, you're going to get skewed data that says tails (the result people stop on) are more likely than heads.

Therefore, the wowhead data should say an actual 1% drop is at least a little higher than 1%, see?

But it reads lower.

Over so much data this is a statistically significant HUGE DEAL.

P > .05 (basically, proven) they're juking the numbers somehow.

Well, what seems reasonable to you? They're targeting hardcore grinders they can keep subbed by denying mounts.

10/21/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Greenegg
I think they're juking the numbers and flagging people as ones they know they can keep grinding, so they artificially deflate your chance to get that drop if they know you're a grinder and it'll extend your sub.
ok, this actually sounds like a tinfoil hat theory... Like it actually sounds like you're being paranoid.

Nope. I have extensive experience with statistics at the doctoral level, though I am not doctorate level myself.

Just examine my point. A coin is flipped by 100 people, but everyone stops when they get tails.

50% of people will stop when they get tails. With 50% of the data saying 100% tails, you couldn't fix this unless every other person immediately got heads and stopped.

But 50 people are left. So 25 people get tails and stop. Holy smokes! We're already up to our data saying 75% tails even if the rest of the people get heads and immediately stop!

But the remaining 25 people don't stop. They flip again. 12 of them get tails and stop.

Holy flaming flumes Batman! We're up to our accumulated data saying 82.5% of coin flips are tails!

See how "stop on a yes" skews the data? (I just did this in my head and my numbers may be off slightly.)
invincible and invisible are two different words my friend

Still works after all these years :')
like mimrons head i have given up on it, well not completely, i do them on and off. i already have better mounts now anyways.
Someone correct me if I wrong here but I thought for the Lich King to be Heroic(even if you switch it to heroic) you have to defeat the other bosses in heroic in the same run. So he would of been in normal for all your kills meaning all yours runs would unfortunately be wasted. To confirm though check the ilvl of the gear he drops next run.
10/21/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Dorphrazor
Today I talked with another player during a random bg who's got the mount and decided to ask how long it took for them to drop it(just curiosity really, I know there's a drop chance etc) and they told me "5 weeks". Now, that just made feel like I'm extremely unlucky due to the fact that I've been farming for 4 years-ish now (since MoP) but that also made me wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

So here's the thing, the way I'm doing it is like, start off doing N25 then just before The Lich King I switch it to H25 then kill him. Should this work or it's all been wasted years?

Thank you.

I got mine in less than 10 total kills once I started farming. Took longer to get some of the weapons off him for transmog.

Yes I know I was extremely lucky.

That's now how statistics or RNG works... you have 0.1P chance per kill (where 1 is always) each event is independent. So you can get the drop even if you've already gotten it (unless they fixed that).
10/21/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Nobully
The Light of Dawn
Defeat the Lich King in Icecrown Citadel in 25-player Heroic mode.
12/14/2015

10/21/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Nobully
..that's not even 3 years, but.. ok.

There's nothing you can "do" to give a mount a better chance of dropping.
....apart from standing on one leg, patting your head and rubbing your tummy.. that always increases the drop chance slightly.

I appreciate that you went to my achievs to check on it but I think you might have misunderstood me. This isn't the my only toon I've played. I've run ICC on 5 toons(this one included) and now down to 3 due to scaling.
10/21/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Petals
The normal switch to heroic trick does work. I got it to work back in WoD when I was farming for it like crazy.

Don’t give up hope. Just do your weekly runs and eventually it will drop.

Hey, I appreciate your encouragement. It's just so frustrating doing this for 4 years. Will see if I can find someone willing to help me with that instance lock strategy because I don't think you can do it with alts, can you? (I know it may sound stupid but, well)
I apparently have 18 HICC 25 kills and I've had it drop twice
All in that rng I guess
10/21/2018 05:59 PMPosted by Flynt
...invincible and invisible are two different words my friend

Still works after all these years :')

I know right, classic. Those people should do a 360 a leave this thread
10/21/2018 06:50 PMPosted by Dorphrazor
10/21/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Petals
The normal switch to heroic trick does work. I got it to work back in WoD when I was farming for it like crazy.

Don’t give up hope. Just do your weekly runs and eventually it will drop.

Hey, I appreciate your encouragement. It's just so frustrating doing this for 4 years. Will see if I can find someone willing to help me with that instance lock strategy because I don't think you can do it with alts, can you? (I know it may sound stupid but, well)

You can plenty videos out showing it.
1. Clear all the way to 2nd to last boss Heroic
2.hearth, start raid group name it whatever, log out.(Auto-invite if not you would have to log out again and accept invite, but it also helps stop random ppl from joining )
3.log in alt, search for raid group that you created, join it
4. Wait for you to get lead, make sure you are set on Heroic. Go in instance accept lockout. Kick other too so it doesn't save him.
5. Kill lich king. Repeat on different alt. Using same original to on with lockout.
Alts are for farming mounts. If you're only using one character you're doing it wrong. When I go after a mount I throw all 17 of my 110-120 characters at it. Last expansion I was able to get Mimiron's Head, Ashes, Kor'kron Juggernaut, both mounts from ZG, and the bird mount from Sethekk Halls in Outland.

Go hard or farm for ten years.
10/21/2018 07:27 PMPosted by Snikrot
Alts are for farming mounts. If you're only using one character you're doing it wrong. When I go after a mount I throw all 17 of my 110-120 characters at it. Last expansion I was able to get Mimiron's Head, Ashes, Kor'kron Juggernaut, both mounts from ZG, and the bird mount from Sethekk Halls in Outland.

Go hard or farm for ten years.

I just said it a few comments above. I've farmed that mount on 4 alts, now down to 3 due to scaling.

But yea, thanks
10/21/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Terrorbyté
You can plenty videos out showing it.
1. Clear all the way to 2nd to last boss Heroic
2.hearth, start raid group name it whatever, log out.(Auto-invite if not you would have to log out again and accept invite, but it also helps stop random ppl from joining )
3.log in alt, search for raid group that you created, join it
4. Wait for you to get lead, make sure you are set on Heroic. Go in instance accept lockout. Kick other too so it doesn't save him.
5. Kill lich king. Repeat on different alt. Using same original to on with lockout.

Oh I see now, thanks a lot! =D