Have We Forgotten?

General Discussion
https://i.imgur.com/n7HGp6u.jpg

I returned to the capital when I noticed this. When I moused over it I noticed it could be read. It seems...strangely relevant right about now. I never knew it was there.
It was added in 6.0. It's more likely that Blizzard forgot.
10/22/2018 06:03 AMPosted by Kyveli
It was added in 6.0. It's more likely that Blizzard forgot.

Boy 2 xpacs goes by fast.
This is a perfect example of why the Horde story for BfA has been such a waste so far. It utterly ignores the fact that, not only have we done this before, but we've done it BETTER before.
10/22/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Kargyraa
This is a perfect example of why the Horde story for BfA has been such a waste so far. It utterly ignores the fact that, not only have we done this before, but we've done it BETTER before.

It was pretty awful then too I don't know what you're talking about. They went from making Garrosh just a loud, brash inexperienced WC to a dictator trying to purge the Horde of anyone he didn't consider "True Horde". Was.... jarring to say the least.
10/22/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Kargyraa

You know, I sometimes think they changed their mind on how the Horde story was going to go pretty far into the development process. I watched the Cinematic when it first came out at Blizzcon and it felt AWESOME. A united Horde, Saurfang answering Sylvanas' war cry and carrying the Horde flag into Battle! Epic stuff.

That cinematic started being built even before Legion came out (according to Chris Metzen). So I feel that was their original plan. Big battle, united sides.

But NOTHING in the current story matches that cinematic. We are not united. The Horde pride is pretty low for many right now.

So I believe they changed their mind late into development, which means they spent less time developing the story. So now it feels rather lackluster.
I forgot... To be real, I didn't even know it was there. Man, now I feel like an over-looker. I need to pay more attention. Lol
10/22/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Naxius
You know, I sometimes think they changed their mind on how the Horde story was going to go pretty far into the development process. I watched the Cinematic when it first came out at Blizzcon and it felt AWESOME. A united Horde, Saurfang answering Sylvanas' war cry and carrying the Horde flag into Battle! Epic stuff.

That cinematic started being built even before Legion came out (according to Chris Metzen). So I feel that was their original plan. Big battle, united sides.

But NOTHING in the current story matches that cinematic. We are not united. The Horde pride is pretty low for many right now.

Fun fact, both the opening cinematic and the 'Old Soldier' cinematics were made at the same time.

They perfectly anticipated the players' reactions to Sylvanas' actions with Teldrassil and made Old Soldier as a direct anticipation to how we'd feel about it. And they did it half a year or longer before we saw her burn the tree.

So, yeah. There's no big switch in direction. This was all planned out as far back as a full year.
To be fair, it's easy to overlook. It is just a plaque nearly the same color of the wall, not spotlit, on the side of one passage into the Cleft of Shadow. I'd appreciate a larger monument, in a more prominent location, that promotes actual commemoration. Give it a Pandaren honor-guard, for context.
10/22/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Infernastorm
10/22/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Naxius

Fun fact, both the opening cinematic and the 'Old Soldier' cinematics were made at the same time.

They perfectly anticipated the players' reactions to Sylvanas' actions with Teldrassil and made Old Soldier as a direct anticipation to how we'd feel about it. And they did it half a year or longer before we saw her burn the tree.

So, yeah. There's no big switch in direction. This was all planned out as far back as a full year.

Dang, that knowledge stunned me like a Hammer of Justice. I was Holy Shocked to read they knew the players' reactions. Looks like we need some Divine Protection to help us make our own decisions next time... Lol
10/22/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Tymberlea
To be fair, it's easy to overlook. It is just a plaque nearly the same color of the wall, not spotlit, on the side of one passage into the Cleft of Shadow. I'd appreciate a larger monument, in a more prominent location, that promotes actual commemoration. Give it a Pandaren honor-guard, for context.

They should put a Holy Light on it!