Holy Nerfs on PTR

Priest
Priests should boycott 8.1
Those people don't know what they are talking about, it is a buff for M+.

Trail of Life does (at best) 6.5% of your healing in a M+, post-nerf that's 4.88% so a 1.62% nerf.. Clearly a 4% healing buff across the board and individual buffs to renew and heal easily offset that.
10/25/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Holymonky

Trail of Life does (at best) 6.5% of your healing in a M+, post-nerf that's 4.88% so a 1.62% nerf.. Clearly a 4% healing buff across the board and individual buffs to renew and heal easily offset that.

Most people like to look at the minus sign next to any spell and instantly think their class is useless.

I dont get that mentality.. how do you even have fun playing the game if you freak out over every little loss?
10/25/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Holymonky

Renew and heal changes don't offset anything because they are a negligible, nearly non-existent part of your healing in M+, and will continue to be after the changes.
10/25/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Ãpril
Renew and heal changes don't offset anything because they are a negligible, nearly non-existent part of your healing in M+, and will continue to be after the changes.

Perhaps, even so those are just small bonuses, the 4% buff alone is more than enough to offset the nerf to ToL.
10/25/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Holymonky
10/25/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Ãpril

Perhaps, even so those are just small bonuses, the 4% buff alone is more than enough to offset the nerf to ToL.

You're right. Overall these changes represent negligible changes to healing power. Holy priest hasn't been nerfed based on the data that we have.

However, given holy priest's current performance in mythic+, I believe that perhaps Trail of Light should have been buffed instead.
who uses heal? The renew change is offset by benediction nerf.
10/25/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Flutterdash

Well, Heal isn't even on my hot key bar. Flash heal however gets used a bit.
10/25/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Flutterdash

In part, the benediction nerf is indeed to account for the renew buff so the Benediction talent itself should be about as strong as it was before.

But casting Renew might be worth it now and we also have Divine Star and Halo that are pretty good options.

10/25/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Rouxgaroux
Well, Heal isn't even on my hot key bar. Flash heal however gets used a bit.

Make sure to add it back, imo you shouldn't have removed it in the first place since there were still situations where it was useful (few if you had Binding Heal but not useless).

10/25/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Ãpril
However, given holy priest's current performance in mythic+, I believe that perhaps Trail of Light should have been buffed instead.

Perhaps, I don't think that's the issue Holy Priests are having in M+ though buffs to defensives, mobility, and utility would be much more welcomed.
Perhaps, I don't think that's the issue Holy Priests are having in M+ though buffs to defensives, mobility, and utility would be much more welcomed.

I think it's okay for holy priest to have weaknesses. Of course we would all love it if they gave holy priest a teleport and pain suppression, but I don't think that's ever going to happen. Outside of a major rework, the only changes to make holy more viable are probably going to be throughput increases. Buffing talents that are only used in M+ to increase our throughput seems like a reasonable compromise.
Holy's weakness is M+ is not throughput because we have that in spades. It's a lack of utility and damage mitigation.
10/25/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Saintanist
Holy's weakness is M+ is not throughput because we have that in spades. It's a lack of utility and damage mitigation.

I think it's okay for holy priest to have weaknesses. Of course we would all love it if they gave holy priest a teleport and pain suppression, but I don't think that's ever going to happen. Outside of a major rework, the only changes to make holy more viable are probably going to be throughput increases. Buffing talents that are only used in M+ to increase our throughput seems like a reasonable compromise.
10/26/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Ãpril
10/25/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Saintanist

I do not see buffing utility and survivability as applicable to M+ only. We do have weaknesses; survivability and then the somewhat ironic requirement that we channel all of our healing and mana CDs while standing still.