Kiting world bosses

Classic Discussion
I'm surprised this isn't a topic yet, but thats probably because many don't know about it. Do you think it should stay?

I do.

That was not only skill but an incredible amount of organization.

POST UM
I’ll continue to kite that dude in blasted lands that drop boe blues to stormwind
You won't ever be able to kite them buddy. The top guilds on the server will nuke them within mere minutes of them spawning.
10/25/2018 09:29 AMPosted by Fareline
I’ll continue to kite that dude in blasted lands that drop boe blues to stormwind

well theres a dragon right behind org that everyone used to drag into org to full wipe everything. It was so funny. I hope they keep it.
10/25/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Clappncheaks
I'm surprised this isn't a topic yet, but thats probably because many don't know about it. Do you think it should stay?

I do.

POST UM

This sure is a thread where the OP doesn't have anything of substance to add to his own subject.
It should stay but it wont. Blizzard doesn't know what 'fun' means anymore. They are a team of devs just waiting to pounch and streamline every 'problem' out of the game.
10/25/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Donatalius
It should stay but it wont. Blizzard doesn't know what 'fun' means anymore. They are a team of devs just waiting to pounch and streamline every 'problem' out of the game.

You think so? I figured with all the wallclimbing and bugs that they are keeping, this would be one of them. We'll have to see, but I have high hopes for Activi$ion and Blizzard alike.
I frankly kinda doubt this will be a thing.
Even if it is left in game, it will become old hat after the repeated occurrences when every group and guild will have at it.

Hopefully somebody will kite a Servant of Razelikh often enough to Stormwind to train up all my weapon skills. Fistacuffs are ready.
I remember players kiting one of the mobs from the blasted lands that can only be killed by destroying their crystal. Since they were kited far away from that they would be invincible and everyone would stand around attacking them to level their weapon skills.

A group of us tried to kite the dragon in Duskwood out to the town there but it didn't work very well. We got destroyed before we even made it out of the glade.
10/25/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Donatalius

No, they're just not willing to cede server stability and overall play experience to "fun".

So, no, they're not going to let folks kite bosses around.
the ability to kite world bosses should be in the game, although I think they should have a "soft-leash" on them. so you can kite them, but after 1 or 2 hours of them destroying a city they will reset. this allows for kiting memes to happen without the need for GM's to waste time fixing the problem

world boss kiting will be a VERY RARE thing in modern classic. there is vastly more ways to contact guild mates to get them online for world boss fights. and people will know the time frame in which they will spawn so the good guilds will be ready to get people on when they do spawn.

I doubt even 1 world boss will be kited to a city, unless the top guilds on both factions agree to do it for a meme
10/25/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Clappncheaks

I do.

POST UM

A simple forum search would have yielded multiple threads about world bosses being kited across one or more zones and would that bug be fixed, as it eventually was. I do not recall whether those world bosses were given "leashes" in vanilla or after TBC was released, though.

IMO, there is no reason to kite a world boss across one or more zones and ultimately into a capitol city other than the intent to disrupt the game for other players and to cause grief.

IMO, if Blizzard leaves the bug of being able to kite world bosses across one or more zones and into a capitol city, they should immediately and permanently ban each and every person who participated in the kiting of that boss to that capitol city.
10/25/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Ratsmats
world bosses were given "leashes" in vanilla or after TBC

People still kited world bosses in TBC there has always been a leash on them which made them run back.

IMO, there is no reason to kite a world boss across one or more zones and ultimately into a capitol city other than the intent to disrupt the game for other players and to cause grief.

So there is no reason??
So using level 60 guards to help you kill the boss doesn't count??

IMO, if Blizzard leaves the bug of being able to kite world bosses across one or more zones and into a capitol city, they should immediately and permanently ban each and every person who participated in the kiting of that boss to that capitol city.

Sounds like you are a BFA man well BFA is that way>>
Cya mr troll
world bosses were given "leashes" in vanilla or after TBC

People still kited world bosses in TBC there has always been a leash on them which made them run back.

If there was always a leash on world bosses, you never would have been able to kite Kazaak across 5 zones from the Blasted lands to Stormwind.

So there is no reason??
So using level 60 guards to help you kill the boss doesn't count??

Do you mean the level 60 guards that Kazaak easily killed and ate for lunch (along with most of the other occupants of Stormwind), in the process healing and buffing himself when he did so, which invariably led to the server being brought down so that GM's could remove him from Stormwind?

If it truly was just a desire for level 60 guards to help you kill the boss, then would it not be faster and more efficient to kite Kazaak to Nethergard Keep, which is much closer as it is right there in the Blasted lands, rather than kite him across 5 zones to Stormwind?

10/25/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Humfry

Sounds like you are a BFA man well BFA is that way>>
Cya mr troll

Sounds like some people wanted to be able to disrupt the game for other players and grief them and are upset that they may not be able to do so.

If there was always a leash on world bosses, you never would have been able to kite Kazaak across 5 zones from the Blasted lands to Stormwind.

There was always a leashing mechanic, but not the same one that you see today.

At the time, the 'leash distance' was calculated from the last time the boss was hit. So if you kept hitting the boss as you kited, you could bring them an infinite distance.

At some point, they changed it to be based off distance from the first hit, instead of from the most recent hit, which put a hard cap on the distance that things could be kited.
It comes down to leashing. If mobs are hard leashed then thats a huge issue.
Have fun resetting Kazzak when he runs out of the crater.

Kiting Teremus? Booooring
10/25/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Aryxymaraki

There was always a leashing mechanic, but not the same one that you see today.

At the time, the 'leash distance' was calculated from the last time the boss was hit. So if you kept hitting the boss as you kited, you could bring them an infinite distance.

At some point, they changed it to be based off distance from the first hit, instead of from the most recent hit, which put a hard cap on the distance that things could be kited.

I guess I should have been clearer when I used the term "leash". I was referring to the post change "leashing mechanic" rather than the original "leashing mechanic".
at this rate i doubt blizz will let you kite world bosses, since it would upset to many people