Emissary Hotfix Incoming? Tortollan expiring VERY SOON!

General Discussion
Many of us, myself included, were encouraged two days ago to wait on turning in our emissary quests because of a pending hotfix to increase gold and AP amounts on them. @warcraftdevs said they wanted this to be hotfixed in within 24 hours...

Two days later, nothing (in fact, no tweets from @warcraftdevs at all!)

Is there any word on this? It wouldn't matter much except I'm sure many of us are waiting to turn in our Tortollan Seekers emissaries which expire in less than 24 hours from now (hoping beyond hope that that 700g reward gets boosted by tonight!)
Just turn it in. It's not like this is the last time the Emissary will ever happen. Also, it's entirely possible that the currently active ones were never going to be affected by the hotfix.
Soon™
Small indie dev company.
10/25/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Deathermage
Just turn it in. It's not like this is the last time the Emissary will ever happen. Also, it's entirely possible that the currently active ones were never going to be affected by the hotfix.

They quite literally told us to wait on doing it until the hotfix goes live.
Don't trust blizurd.
Yeah it's well over the stated 24 hour mark, at this point are you even surprised? It's the current devs we are talking about here.

Except they tweeted the specific RECOMMENDATION that people WAIT on turning in their current emissaries until the hotfix, which they said they hoped would likely be incoming within the next 24 hours after the tweet (which happened Tuesday).

I don't think it unreasonable to ask for an update.

This was the tweet:

PSA: We're currently working on a hotfix that will increase the gold and Azerite rewards from Emissary quests. We hope to have this change live within the next 24 hours, so if you have an active Emissary that rewards gold or Azerite, you may want to wait to complete it!
10/25/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Micamber
Is there any word on this? It wouldn't matter much except I'm sure many of us are waiting to turn in our Tortollan Seekers emissaries which expire in less than 24 hours from now (hoping beyond hope that that 700g reward gets boosted by tonight!)

It will probably require a server restart and might not be retroactive, regardless of the original tweet.
10/25/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Sorelai
might not be retroactive, regardless of the original tweet.

Hence why I'm asking the question of Blizzard... ;)

Should we go ahead or is it being hotfixed in today?
Also, it's entirely possible that the currently active ones were never going to be affected by the hotfix.

They recommended waiting...
"Actually the change is coming in 8.1 . We should have explained this better, but we really have no idea how to be competent at our jobs at this point."
-Yak, probably
10/25/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Sorelai
10/25/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Micamber

It will probably require a server restart and might not be retroactive, regardless of the original tweet.

Upgrading the armor caches was retroactive and didn't need a restart, no reason to believe this will.
Its highly unlikely the 700g is going to turn into 7000, or 70000g, so whats the harm in turning it in before it expires, even if it doesn't get changed? Recommendation that you wait is a far cry from telling you to absolutely wait because the hotfix is imminent.

The yak is active today, maybe he'll grace this thread with a response that's only half snark.
10/25/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Dvis
Its highly unlikely the 700g is going to turn into 7000, or 70000g, so whats the harm in turning it in before it expires, even if it doesn't get changed?

Because. That's why.

This is still a valid question and I think expecting Blizzard's answer, since they offered this info on their own and made the suggestion to wait, is a valid reason.
I just did the Tortollans and got 2k gold, the tooltip on the emissary said 700 but I legitimately got 2k gold

screenshot for doubters

https://imgur.com/a/92rkPhD
10/25/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Aihtlaneb
I just did the Tortollans and got 2k gold, the tooltip on the emissary said 700 but I legitimately got 2k gold

screenshot for doubters

https://imgur.com/a/92rkPhD

PSA: We're currently working on a hotfix that will increase the gold and Azerite rewards from Emissary quests. We hope to have this change live within the next 24 hours, so if you have an active Emissary that rewards gold or Azerite, you may want to wait to complete it!

I guess they got it half right?
This hotfix just went live
They just applied the fix!
I guess i misunderstood, I assumed the gold & azerite would go up, and the azerite alone rewards would also go up. But alas, it's not.

Although I'm sad the gold went up 185% but the azerite only went up 60%

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767587764?page=2#post-38

Edited: math is hard :(