Horde wins again (LOL)

General Discussion
Spoilers obviously, but the PTR was updated for the Night Elf questline.

If you had any doubts, we lose again. Our big moment of triumph, justice, and most definitely revenge.

Except Nathanos survives. Not only does he survive, but the only Night Elf to be featured in a cinematic (the previously lovely Delaryn who stands up to Sylvannas herself) is corrupted and raised to become a new Horde champion.

Our 'it's finally happening revenge justice moment', Horde still raise and corrupt the Night Elf heroes, Nathanos gets away. Too bad we killed Brynja instead of Plot Armor, the only Valkyrie that will ever matter.
I could care less about Brynja, when was her last time on screen? Cataclysm in Andorhal? I need someone who truly matters. Nathanos is the closest personal connection Sylvannas has left, if not the only one. He has tons of value, he actually matters.
Meanwhile Horde get to keep our OC voiced Night Elf captain who suddenly (epic lol!) turns on us, and raise a lot of the others. It's another total loss at the cost of killing some NPC I haven't seen or cared about in 10 years.

Sylvannas won't die from this, not in a way that matters. We're already rescuing people from the Shadowlands. Even if she does die permanently as a result of this, it's just Garrosh all over again. Crazy person dies, guess that makes up for all those cities and civilians!

Oh, but I guess we kill some Vulpera for no reason at all. Yep we're morally grey too now, we just couldn't do it to Horde civilians. We have to pick people who are outside of the Horde, actually HELPING the Horde by pushing Zandalari and Vulpera closer to joining you. Wonder which faction the writers are?
The faction with the King that has spidey senses.
OMG, and they keep crying!
We've known this for weeks...and have made several threads and discussions about it on these very same forums you just ran to.

Cant help but think that other than a blinding self-entitlement, you also have very little research skills. Thus..we care little for your rather late tantrums and claims.
I hate the horde and all just as much as the next guy, but they tweaked this whole thing to make Tyrande not suck and people are still whining?

At least you guys get screen time! Yeesh!
Nathanos is human like in that he gets plot armor just like all your humans. Have you seen how many times Jaina granted you guys plot armor? The moment she leaves in Legion and your King dies.
10/26/2018 12:20 AMPosted by Eleroleron
We've known this for weeks...and have made several threads and discussions about it on these very same forums you just ran to.

Cant help but think that other than a blinding self-entitlement, you also have very little research skills. Thus..we care little for your rather late tantrums and claims.

You've known about the latest PTR update that came out today for weeks, where they changed the questline based on player feedback?

You realize this is the third time this expansion that there's been a "Later, losers!" scenario during the moment when the Alliance is finally supposed to get back at the Horde for 14 years of grief?

It's not the best to talk about self-entitlement when you assume and project your entire post.

10/26/2018 12:26 AMPosted by Evamora
I hate the horde and all just as much as the next guy, but they tweaked this whole thing to make Tyrande not suck and people are still whining?

At least you guys get screen time! Yeesh!

Tyrande kills nameless infinite soldier NPCs, who may as well be Stranglethorn tigers in orc costumes for all they matter. They have no emotional impact, they don't make a dent in anything.

The only Night Elf getting screen time gets raised and corrupted by the Horde.

All of this ends in a boring infinite stalemate scenario where the Horde are victorious in a week anyways.
Blizzard literally caved to the Alliance's complaints and made Tyrande roflstomp everyone and turn Nathanos into a ragdoll that only survives due to Valkyr plot armor, while she slaughters every Horde there without issues or mercy....and you're still talking about a Horde victory here?
You are actively making me disgusted to be part of the Alliance.

The Horde doesn't behave this badly.
10/26/2018 12:17 AMPosted by Lunafreÿa

Way to reinforce that smug !@#$%^- stereotype horde players have right now.
Yeah we do, after all we're the faction that you don't play, so obviously we always win
Please, for all that's unholy. Understand you will never be able to obtain the kind of win that will make you happy because the Horde has to exist.

Horde did not win there either, and Sylvanas' lost one of the most important things for her. If this was reversed, and Tyrande lost something that is essential for her survival, you would call this a Horde win.
10/26/2018 12:33 AMPosted by Rovi

OP's post just reinforces the whining stereotype Alliance players have right now.....
It's WoW lore. It doesn't matter. It will just be retconned like all the other WoW lore.... The only constant thing between all expansions is beer.
the horde got crushed at darkshore. nathanos needed two val'kyr empowering him just to hold his own against tyrande, and he got gravely injured and was forced to retreat.

It's true, though. They just reworked the scenario to emphasize Tyrande's new power level and send Nathanos fleeing in terror.

This thread exists.

8.1 reveals that the Alliance raids Dazar'alor, kills Rastakhan, destroys the entire fleet, and suffers no major casualties.

Threads pop up complaining that the Alliance flees from the Horde's counterattack and therefore it's a Horde victory.

"Horde bias" arguments will never end until the Alliance completely wipes out the Horde and becomes the only playable faction in the game. Honestly, it's getting really old.
10/26/2018 12:36 AMPosted by Withpuppys
the horde got crushed at darkshore. nathanos needed two val'kyr empowering him just to hold his own against tyrande, and he got gravely injured and was forced to retreat.
But, Horde bias there, somewhere, somehow, because that apparently means Horde wins again.
10/26/2018 12:12 AMPosted by Gillrien
Spoilers obviously, but the PTR was updated for the Night Elf questline.

If you had any doubts, we lose again. Our big moment of triumph, justice, and most definitely revenge.

Except Nathanos survives. Not only does he survive, but the only Night Elf to be featured in a cinematic (the previously lovely Delaryn who stands up to Sylvannas herself) is corrupted and raised to become a new Horde champion.

Our 'it's finally happening revenge justice moment', Horde still raise and corrupt the Night Elf heroes, Nathanos gets away. Too bad we killed Brynja instead of Plot Armor, the only Valkyrie that will ever matter.
I could care less about Brynja, when was her last time on screen? Cataclysm in Andorhal? I need someone who truly matters. Nathanos is the closest personal connection Sylvannas has left, if not the only one. He has tons of value, he actually matters.
Meanwhile Horde get to keep our OC voiced Night Elf captain who suddenly (epic lol!) turns on us, and raise a lot of the others. It's another total loss at the cost of killing some NPC I haven't seen or cared about in 10 years.

Sylvannas won't die from this, not in a way that matters. We're already rescuing people from the Shadowlands. Even if she does die permanently as a result of this, it's just Garrosh all over again. Crazy person dies, guess that makes up for all those cities and civilians!

Oh, but I guess we kill some Vulpera for no reason at all. Yep we're morally grey too now, we just couldn't do it to Horde civilians. We have to pick people who are outside of the Horde, actually HELPING the Horde by pushing Zandalari and Vulpera closer to joining you. Wonder which faction the writers are?

You forget to mention he mortally wounded. Not sure how he going to survive.
I don't even care about the story anymore. Its clear the horde bias is off the charts, I'm content with raiding here and playing FFXIV for its epic storyline that isn't the fan fiction horde are getting into cannon.
10/26/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Rorrand
You are actively making me disgusted to be part of the Alliance.

The Horde doesn't behave this badly.

They don't have reason to.

10/26/2018 12:35 AMPosted by Zulani

OP's post just reinforces the whining stereotype Alliance players have right now.....

I'm guessing you've never thought about why. Getting destroyed lore-wise for 14 years is pretty tiring, as is the domination in balance and population.