Horde wins again (LOL)

General Discussion
i like these new changes though, it doesn't make the nelves seem nearly as useless as blizz's been making them out to be
10/26/2018 12:37 AMPosted by Rorrand
It's true, though. They just reworked the scenario to emphasize Tyrande's new power level and send Nathanos fleeing in terror.

This thread exists.

8.1 reveals that the Alliance raids Dazar'alor, kills Rastakhan, destroys the entire fleet, and suffers no major casualties.

Threads pop up complaining that the Alliance flees from the Horde's counterattack and therefore it's a Horde victory.

"Horde bias" arguments will never end until the Alliance completely wipes out the Horde and becomes the only playable faction in the game. Honestly, it's getting really old.

I could go into detail about your post, but it essentially boils down to this. While alliance players has gained a whiner stereotype, horde players on these forums have gotten a smug !@#$%^- stereotype. And only one of these is potentially productive.

Not to mention you can make an argument without being an !@#$%^-, just saying "Lol alliance crybaby" Doesn't do anything but make you look stupid.
10/26/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Rorrand
You are actively making me disgusted to be part of the Alliance.

The Horde doesn't behave this badly.

They don't have reason to.

Whatever good characters the Horde has are either rendered irrelevant or killed off. Thrall exiles himself to who knows where. Garrosh is dead. Vol'jin is dead. Cairne is dead. Rastakhan is dead. Horde players are now afraid Sylvanas is on the chopping block due to her overtly villainous actions. Racial abilities on their allied races have largely been trash. Character motivations in the war campaign, especially from Garona, Lillian, and Rexxar, no longer make sense.

Seriously, when it comes to the lore, I've never once regretted my decision to be part of the Alliance. And a large part of that has always been due to the fact that I look at the kinds of lore and major characters that are featured on the Horde and, with some few exceptions, I actually pity them.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Way to reinforce that smug !@#$%^- stereotype horde players have right now.

It's true, though. They just reworked the scenario to emphasize Tyrande's new power level and send Nathanos fleeing in terror.

This thread exists.

8.1 reveals that the Alliance raids Dazar'alor, kills Rastakhan, destroys the entire fleet, and suffers no major casualties.

Threads pop up complaining that the Alliance flees from the Horde's counterattack and therefore it's a Horde victory.

"Horde bias" arguments will never end until the Alliance completely wipes out the Horde and becomes the only playable faction in the game. Honestly, it's getting really old.

I don't think your Worgen helmet fits properly (most of them don't, not to worry).

Read the post again, fully, or just think about what really happens in the scenario. Think about what happens.
The Alliance do not kill Nathanos.
The Horde raise our champions who were part of the in-depth questline with the warbringers cinematic, a character who represented the very best of the Alliance (even crying at how far the Horde's hero had fallen).
We kill a previously nameless Valkyr when Sylvannas still has 3(?) and it won't matter anyways.

For the third time this expansion, Horde peace out and leave the Alliance having not accomplished what they set out to do.
They don't have reason to.

10/26/2018 12:41 AMPosted by Sinelus
I don't even care about the story anymore. Its clear the horde bias is off the charts
"Gee, Mid, why you keep saying some Alliance players have a victim complex? It makes no sense!"

"Evidence #106038"

10/26/2018 12:40 AMPosted by Grisol
You forget to mention he mortally wounded. Not sure how he going to survive.
So, the guy that actually managed to escape an Alliance army in the past is actually fleeing wounded... but it's never good enough, never.

10/26/2018 12:46 AMPosted by Rorrand
Seriously, when it comes to the lore, I've never once regretted my decision to be part of the Alliance. And a large part of that has always been due to the fact that I look at the kinds of lore and major characters that are featured on the Horde and, with some few exceptions, I actually pity them.
Can I shake your hand Mr. Worgen?
My king will not be defeated. Praise Nathanos, bringer of Alliance tears!
10/26/2018 12:46 AMPosted by Gillrien

This thread exists.

I don't think your Worgen helmet fits properly (most of them don't, not to worry).

Read the post again, fully, or just think about what really happens in the scenario. Think about what happens.
The Alliance do not kill Nathanos.
The Horde raise our champions that were part of the in depth questline with the warbringers cinematic, a character who represented the very best of the Alliance even crying at how far the Horde's hero had fallen.
We kill a previously nameless Valkyr when Sylvannas still has 3(?) and it won't matter anyways.

For the third time this expansion, Horde peace out and leave the Alliance having not accomplished what they set out to do.

I would be furious if they killed Nathanos. As I mentioned before, the Horde has so few actually relevant characters. The Alliance, conversely, enjoys a grand buffet of character plot relevance, especially given the setting of BFA.

A total victory over the Horde is never going to happen because this game needs to continue. You need to accept that and stop chalking that up to Horde bias. It's ludicrous.
Hey we get it, you picked the wrong faction. Should have rolled horde. It's ok.
10/26/2018 12:40 AMPosted by Grisol
10/26/2018 12:12 AMPosted by Gillrien
Spoilers obviously, but the PTR was updated for the Night Elf questline.

If you had any doubts, we lose again. Our big moment of triumph, justice, and most definitely revenge.

Except Nathanos survives. Not only does he survive, but the only Night Elf to be featured in a cinematic (the previously lovely Delaryn who stands up to Sylvannas herself) is corrupted and raised to become a new Horde champion.

Our 'it's finally happening revenge justice moment', Horde still raise and corrupt the Night Elf heroes, Nathanos gets away. Too bad we killed Brynja instead of Plot Armor, the only Valkyrie that will ever matter.
I could care less about Brynja, when was her last time on screen? Cataclysm in Andorhal? I need someone who truly matters. Nathanos is the closest personal connection Sylvannas has left, if not the only one. He has tons of value, he actually matters.
Meanwhile Horde get to keep our OC voiced Night Elf captain who suddenly (epic lol!) turns on us, and raise a lot of the others. It's another total loss at the cost of killing some NPC I haven't seen or cared about in 10 years.

Sylvannas won't die from this, not in a way that matters. We're already rescuing people from the Shadowlands. Even if she does die permanently as a result of this, it's just Garrosh all over again. Crazy person dies, guess that makes up for all those cities and civilians!

Oh, but I guess we kill some Vulpera for no reason at all. Yep we're morally grey too now, we just couldn't do it to Horde civilians. We have to pick people who are outside of the Horde, actually HELPING the Horde by pushing Zandalari and Vulpera closer to joining you. Wonder which faction the writers are?

You forget to mention he mortally wounded. Not sure how he going to survive.

10 bucks says he dies. Easy set up to return to life as a mechanical gnome. And there is your next alliance allied race.
So, the guy that actually managed to escape an Alliance army in the past is actually fleeing wounded... but it's never good enough, never.

sadly nope. I really cant see how he going to survive. the dude took some serious damaged. heck I would die to that amount.
Want some cheese with that whine?
10/26/2018 12:41 AMPosted by Sinelus
I don't even care about the story anymore. Its clear the horde bias is off the charts, I'm content with raiding here and playing FFXIV for its epic storyline that isn't the fan fiction horde are getting into cannon.

So they can kill a bunch of our guys. Kill our Vrykul (that would be like killing 1/3rd of all alliance mothers. Make the horde run away on there turf (Kalimdor) and gained a god mode night elf character and horde win?

What is it alliance want exactly?
10/26/2018 12:49 AMPosted by Rorrand

I would be furious if they killed Nathanos. As I mentioned before, the Horde has so few actually relevant characters. The Alliance, conversely, enjoys a grand buffet of character plot relevance, especially given the setting of BFA.

A total victory over the Horde is never going to happen because this game needs to continue. You need to accept that and stop chalking that up to Horde bias. It's ludicrous.

List the characters you consider actually relevant for both factions.
By making the list, you'll have a visual comparison to form your opinions off of. I definitely recommend it.

I have no idea where you're pulling the "total victory over the Horde" point from. That seems like an extremely important argument to just conjure from nowhere.
Granted, the Horde had a total victory in Ashenvale. And Azshara. Stonetalon. Darkshore. Teldrassil. Hillsbrad. Theramore.
The only thing that comes close to an Alliance victory was Camp Taurajo, where the Alliance made a super risky move to split their forces so the Horde civilians could escape, something Baine himself praised us for.

Go get loremaster so you know the things you're typing.

10/26/2018 12:50 AMPosted by Grisol

sadly nope. I really cant see how he going to survive. the dude took some serious damaged. heck I would die to that amount.

If Nathanos dies from this I will buy you a store mount of your choosing.
Screenshot this post.

The information we have is that he does not die, and as a main point of discussion you and others are saying he will die. This is boggling.

10/26/2018 12:53 AMPosted by Terranox

So they can kill a bunch of our guys. Kill our Vrykul (that would be like killing 1/3rd of all alliance mothers. Make the horde run away on there turf (Kalimdor) and gained a god mode night elf character and horde win?

What is it alliance want exactly?

Nameless infinite soldier NPCs with no emotional impact who don't dent your army. Compare that to all the civilians the Horde kills on purpose, all the literally ruined towns in game.
I think you mean Valkyr, and I think you know that's a very bad comparison.
10/26/2018 12:45 AMPosted by Rovi

This thread exists.

I could go into detail about your post, but it essentially boils down to this. While alliance players has gained a whiner stereotype, horde players on these forums have gotten a smug !@#$%^- stereotype. And only one of these is potentially productive.

Not to mention you can make an argument without being an !@#$%^-, just saying "Lol alliance crybaby" Doesn't do anything but make you look stupid.

At no point in my post do I resort to name calling. At this point, that's all you.
10/26/2018 12:38 AMPosted by Midare
10/26/2018 12:36 AMPosted by Withpuppys
the horde got crushed at darkshore. nathanos needed two val'kyr empowering him just to hold his own against tyrande, and he got gravely injured and was forced to retreat.
But, Horde bias there, somewhere, somehow, because that apparently means Horde wins again.
the original post is a bunch of bull

Dude he's Sylvanas's pet she will probably toss another Valkyrie under the bus to make him better and he's someone's self-insert guy ain't gonna go down that easy.
Alliance player cries again (LOL)
10/26/2018 12:46 AMPosted by Rorrand
Character motivations in the war campaign, especially from Garona, Lillian, and Rexxar, no longer make sense.
I'm still mad about Lillian she's the last person I'd expect to be okay with how Sylvanas is doing things she's a bloody necormance hunter.
10/26/2018 12:56 AMPosted by Rorrand

At no point in my post do I resort to name calling. At this point, that's all you.

"You make me disgusted to be in the same room as you"

"You are disgusting"

More words, same meaning. We both know you're better than this.

Dude he's Sylvanas's pet she will probably toss another Valkyrie under the bus to make him better and he's someone's self-insert guy ain't gonna go down that easy.

I don't see him ever dying.
We "killed" him in Vanilla, again in WotLK when it got updated,and again now. He's had too much put into him for the writers to give up, between new models, short stories, and a ton of voice acting. It won't happen.
10/26/2018 12:12 AMPosted by Gillrien
If you had any doubts, we lose again. Our big moment of triumph, justice, and most definitely revenge.

At this point the only response to a statement so bombastic is just to say one thing

Good.

I don't give a fetid Dingo's kidney about the *cough cough* "lore" or the *vomit squirt* the "Story". Were not talking about Tolkein here. It's a bunch of people patching stuff together over decades.

But i say "Good" because really?

There will never ever be any pleasing some people on the Alliance faction who just complain on and on about nothing. First if was High elves but that fortunately has been shot down hard, then it was the mythical faction imblance, then it became about "horde bias", or it was the so-called OP horde racials, or that because more Horde faction players have simply 'got gud' for lack of a better term that any of this is verifiable evidence of this mythical institutional bias.

I accept now that the some Alliance players will always complain. Not all of them. Kudos to those Alliance Guilds who have overcome the seeming inferiority complex of their faction and gotten their Mythic clears. But lets face it those same minority Alliance faction players who are self-defeating will always fine something to create controversy out of nothing or find a reason not to achieve success.

I dont think players on the Horde side are going to be well served in buying into this. Because there is no end to it. Any new player coming to the game would be rightly & completely turned off by some of the attitude that is shown here by a minority of those vocal Alliance posters.

I hope one day that these Alliance players are able to work through the issues they've created in their minds. Because i've tried to meet some of them half way and it's futile

-We as Horde players should enjoy the work we've put into our faction.
we've earned it
- We should be glad that the Horde side has the amount of HC raiders it does , they've earned it.
- No Blizzard doesn't 'favour' us, what we do is adapt and overcome, that is our strength