Horde wins again (LOL)

General Discussion
check wowhead again 8.2 leaks tirion comes back and 1 shots sylvanas
10/26/2018 12:56 AMPosted by Rorrand
At no point in my post do I resort to name calling. At this point, that's all you.

I don't recall referring to you. I don't think my post implied anything like that.

Unless that blood elf is another account of yours, which I kinda doubt.
Gee, Mid, why you keep saying some Alliance players have a victim complex? It makes no sense!"

This is so true , i've being saying it for while now. The Alliance players as we knew them years back simply dont exist anymore.

I would not not blame a single one of them for faction changing.
10/26/2018 01:10 AMPosted by Rovi
10/26/2018 12:56 AMPosted by Rorrand
At no point in my post do I resort to name calling. At this point, that's all you.

I don't recall referring to you.

Unless that blood elf is another account of yours, which I kinda doubt.

Then that is my mistake, but given your first sentence read "I could go into detail about your post" I naturally assumed your concluding remarks were similarly directed at what I wrote.
10/26/2018 12:57 AMPosted by Withpuppys
the original post is a bunch of bull
Welp, that's the side you picked, friend.

10/26/2018 12:49 AMPosted by Rorrand
A total victory over the Horde is never going to happen because this game needs to continue. You need to accept that and stop chalking that up to Horde bias. It's ludicrous.
I swear, I'll buy you the best squeaky toy money can buy, Mr. Worgen.
10/26/2018 12:53 AMPosted by Terranox

What is it alliance want exactly?

Well you heard him, he said it clearly himself. He wants Nathanos dead. Leaving us down yet another lore character that is of actual significance, and leaving us with... well basically just Sylvanas at this point. Because Baine is doing nothing, Galywix is more comic relief than anything else, Lor'themar is.. sort of there? About as much as Baine is... so yeah, preeetttyyy much just Sylvanas. Oh and I guess freaking Lilian Voss, because we all give a crap about her psychotic !@# dont we?

Meanwhile he whines about nameless NPC#89490 who showed up in some visual novel cutscene once being raised as undead because "OMG YOU'RE TAKING ALL OUR GOOD CHARACTERS!"

That, my friend, is the level of stupidity these people operate on. They honestly think the writers are just supposed to sacrifice one of our only real leaders because... we raised some meaningless NPC who cried... and that that would be at least a "fair trade."

Oh and btw to the guy who asked for a list of actually plot significant characters right now... oh lets see

Horde: Sylvanas, Nathanos, Talanji, Rastakhan, and a couple of minor characters like voss, rexxar, rehkan (cant spell his name, that one troll dude who keeps running around with us during the blood troll stuff), and I guess zappyboi and saurfang if you want to count traitors

Alliance: Anduin, Tyrande, Jania, Greymane, Katherine, Alleria... I'll leave off mekkatorque despite him showing up prominently in the raid because hes much like galywix, sorta comic relief.. and I don't know the minor characters on alliance side because I haven't played through that story line yet, I'm sure theres at least as many like rexxar/voss/trolldude

Horde - 4 real main characters, 2 traitors, assorted minors
Alliance - 6 main characters, assorted minors, zero traitors

Even IF you lump "zappyboi" and "traitorfang" in with the main characters on horde (you really shouldn't because they barely show up, and, again, are traitors), you still only just equal how many prominent alliance characters there are right now. Actually you could even add Mathias Shaw to the list of minor alliance characters since SI7 is the one running the OP on saurfang and trying to stir a rebellion in the horde through him. If you give it a more realistic showcase, you have 4 main horde characters, to at least 6 main alliance figures right now.

But nah man, we have SOOOOOO many more characters, what does it matter if we give up Nathanos for nameless-NPC#94902? I mean... its only fair

edit: OH RIGHT, I almost forget, edit that horde number down one, BECAUSE YOU KILL RASTAKHAN IN 8.1, so down yet another character

But nah, toss Nathanos on the pile.. thatll leave us with Sylvanas and Talanji.. I guess girl power is going to be all we have left to fall back on
I think the new one is actually a much better way to tell a faction story.

Fairly well balanced but still a victory that shows off one sides badassery. It's more realistic in that justice is not always a clear cut answer and that things are rarely wrapped up.

That said, I feel sorry for Horde that Nathrose survives.

Guess you guys are stuck with him lol
10/26/2018 12:31 AMPosted by Zulani
Blizzard literally caved to the Alliance's complaints

They did the same thing with the whole "I don't wanna betray my waifu" Horde complaints that were going on. Now there's an option NOT to betray her. Lol
10/26/2018 12:56 AMPosted by Gillrien
Nameless infinite soldier NPCs with no emotional impact who don't dent your army. Compare that to all the civilians the Horde kills on purpose, all the literally ruined towns in game.

Nameless infinite civilian NPC with no emotional impact is the exact same thing. But no no, you have it soooo much worse, your useless civies got offed.. meanwhile your leader just plows through a truck load of our soldiers, ya know, the guys who matter and win wars.. but nah... you have it worse

please, feel free to go cry in that corner over there
10/26/2018 01:08 AMPosted by Pointyends
10/26/2018 12:12 AMPosted by Gillrien
If you had any doubts, we lose again. Our big moment of triumph, justice, and most definitely revenge.

At this point the only response to a statement so bombastic is just to say one thing

Good.

I don't give a fetid Dingo's kidney about the *cough cough* "lore" or the *vomit squirt* the "Story". Were not talking about Tolkein here. It's a bunch of people patching stuff together over decades.

But i say "Good" because really?

There will never ever be any pleasing some people on the Alliance faction who just complain on and on about nothing. First if was High elves but that fortunately has been shot down hard, then it was the mythical faction imblance, then it became about "horde bias", or it was the so-called OP horde racials, or that because more Horde faction players have simply 'got gud' for lack of a better term that any of this is verifiable evidence of this mythical institutional bias.

I accept now that the some Alliance players will always complain. Not all of them. Kudos to those Alliance Guilds who have overcome the seeming inferiority complex of their faction and gotten their Mythic clears. But lets face it those same minority Alliance faction players who are self-defeating will always fine something to create controversy out of nothing or find a reason not to achieve success.

I dont think players on the Horde side are going to be well served in buying into this. Because there is no end to it. Any new player coming to the game would be rightly & completely turned off by some of the attitude that is shown here by a minority of those vocal Alliance posters.

I hope one day that these Alliance players are able to work through the issues they've created in their minds. Because i've tried to meet some of them half way and it's futile

-We as Horde players should enjoy the work we've put into our faction.
we've earned it
- We should be glad that the Horde side has the amount of HC raiders it does , they've earned it.
- No Blizzard doesn't 'favour' us, what we do is adapt and overcome, that is our strength

Every single thing in your post is invented and made up. You're ignoring widely available statistics. There's really not much to say.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9r2cxz/faction_population_imbalance_an_evergrowing/

Here's a thing you can read through so that the next time you write a book telling other people they're wrong and you're correct, it will be accurate.
10/26/2018 01:12 AMPosted by Rorrand
Then that is my mistake, but given your first sentence read "I could go into detail about your post" I naturally assumed your concluding remarks were similarly directed at what I wrote.

I meant that in the sense that I disagree with several of the things you said in it but really didn't want to get into it as it didn't really apply to my point plus it's late.
10/26/2018 01:19 AMPosted by Gillrien

Every single thing in your post is invented and made up. You're ignoring widely available statistics. There's really not much to say.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9r2cxz/faction_population_imbalance_an_evergrowing/

Here's a thing you can read through so that the next time you write a book telling other people they're wrong and you're correct, it will be accurate.

It has nothing to do with Lore, its because Alliance is filled with kids like you.
10/26/2018 01:21 AMPosted by Rovi
10/26/2018 01:12 AMPosted by Rorrand

I meant that in the sense that I disagree with several of the things you said in it but really didn't want to get into it as it didn't really apply to my point plus it's late.

Yeah that's fair; it is indeed late and I really don't feel like getting into a lore argument either. I'm gonna turn in.

Have a good night!
10/26/2018 01:18 AMPosted by Puzle
10/26/2018 12:56 AMPosted by Gillrien
Nameless infinite soldier NPCs with no emotional impact who don't dent your army. Compare that to all the civilians the Horde kills on purpose, all the literally ruined towns in game.

Nameless infinite civilian NPC with no emotional impact is the exact same thing. But no no, you have it soooo much worse, your useless civies got offed.. meanwhile your leader just plows through a truck load of our soldiers, ya know, the guys who matter and win wars.. but nah... you have it worse

please, feel free to go cry in that corner over there

Actually yes, civilians do have more of an emotional impact.
It's why the Geneva Convention exists.
You might find it interesting to read about.

The civilians also literally had names, and have been in the game since their creation long before being killed.

Both of us have no clue what you're talking about.
I like the new changes they did to it. Tyrande is now a badass, and destroys nathanos. Of course just one super powerful being can't win an entire war by themselves, otherwise the PC would be soloing stuff like Arthas or Deathwing or.... oh.

But yeah, this whole change is really nice and I'd like to see what happens.
10/26/2018 01:17 AMPosted by Saintoriom

They did the same thing with the whole "I don't wanna betray my waifu" Horde complaints that were going on. Now there's an option NOT to betray her. Lol

Good. It was stupid writing to force us into siding with traitorfang in the first place. I've not agreed with his arguments or position from the start, why should my character, and why should I betray my warchief for someone I don't believe in? He has literally done nothing but whine about not fulfilling his deathwish and views "honor" as dying at alliance hands even if it means all his comrades die as well. I DO NOT agree with that sentiment. yeah Sylvanas has done some !@#$ty things recently that I don't always agree with, but I ALSO don't want to be forced to play out darkspear rebellion 2.0 "just because we said so."

I didn't agree with voljin then, and hated the writing then as well, but at least there was rational for it in some ways. THIS was just going to be hamfisted crap shoved down our throats. Its good we got a choice.

Which, really, don't you think the two arent equatable? His post was referencing Tyrande going from getting put down, to rolfstomping the horde, but not claiming a decisive victory, but allowing the story to continue in more possible directions. The saurfang "you have to side with him" thing was literally stripping choice away from the player at all and forcing us to do something we wouldnt want to do.

So by "caving" to the alliance, they just super powered a character because "lek omg so badass." By "caving" to the horde, they let players have a damn choice and refuse to side with a traitor. I don't see the two as equal. One is more rational and/or mature players wanting to not be hamfisted down a path they dont agree with, the other is a bunch of whiny kids who want goku to be their next alliance leader
10/26/2018 01:19 AMPosted by Gillrien

All of these "Statistics" are from unreliable third party websites like Warcraft Realms

Which list the toon im posting on no less than four times. So no the statistics are false like the claims. But like said complainers are gonna complain. Why try and present real evidence when people can just make stuff up to meet and agenda, as has been done

The real solution to any perceived problems that some Alliance posters may have is not fixing a mythical faction imblance, or correcting some conspiracy theory about 'horde' bias.

The answer is not hard.

Log on, do stuff, then do more stuff, then keep doing that. Blizzard cannot program self-confidence into the game that's up each person and each person only.

So no i dont belive the "numbers" presented by those Alliance posters who push this false data. At this point one can only come to one real realization. Players on the Horde faction have by large percentage in thier own faction have decided that instead of complaining all day they work with what they have and succeed.

So yes i get it this is the new "Thing" of some Alliance poster to create a false narrative of institutional bias in favour of the Horde because it makes them feel better. It relieves them of the responsibility for their own actions, their own successes or lack thereof
10/26/2018 01:17 AMPosted by Saintoriom

Alliance complained about Baine in the highmountain questing... Guess which faction was relevant in Legion?
10/26/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Gillrien
Actually yes, civilians do have more of an emotional impact.
It's why the Geneva Convention exists.
You might find it interesting to read about.

The civilians also literally had names, and have been in the game since their creation long before being killed.

Both of us have no clue what you're talking about.

>nameless NPC civie in a game has an emotional impact
>more than nameless NPC soldier in the same game

Kay. Also lol, equating meaningless NPCs that I GUARANTEE you can't tell me their names without googling it, with real life war crimes and internationally agreed upon rules regarding warfare and the treatment of innocents in order to conduct warfare in a more humane way, do you even listen to yourself?

Your posts reek of some kid who spends to much time on the internet, probably watches to much msnbc or cnn, and has just enough information to THINK he knows everything and likes to try throwing out real life references to make his statements SOUND more solid than they really are.

I'm sorry, but you're absolutely wrong. Those bygone NPCs that you saw once, didnt read their names while you were doing your lvl 1-10 grind on the tree (a zone mind you that other races dont go through, so you'd have to play a nelf or specifically go there and do quests well after they're below your level, to even see them once, much less know their names), and then never once thought about again until we burned the tree down... yeah they have exactly zero emotional impact to anyone who isnt some bleeding heart freak show with the audacity and stupidity to equate real life war crimes and murder of civilians to off screen killing of nameless NPCs in a video game.

Sylvanas speech at that moment had an impact, because shes a main character that you know about, her current circumstances, her history, etc, and there is some kind of "emotional investment" there be it a positive or negative one. But some NPC you clicked on all of twice to get a quest and turn it in once, years ago.. yeah.. theres no emotional investment there. The character has no story, no background, no development, nothing, they are literally meaningless.
OP you're late to these forums, you're not going to get any support here. Most lore fans on the Alliance side have already left.