Horde wins again (LOL)

General Discussion
Please, for all that's unholy. Understand you will never be able to obtain the kind of win that will make you happy because the Horde has to exist.

Horde did not win there either, and Sylvanas' lost one of the most important things for her. If this was reversed, and Tyrande lost something that is essential for her survival, you would call this a Horde win.

Can someone explain this since I don't know all of the details related to the valkyr and the NPC in question? If there's no valkyr she will just keel over and die or what?

All of this arguing and people feeling so dejected about their side, frustrated over losing, etc is why they should have never made the faction war front and center.

Edit: I just read up about that if the valkyr die then she dies, which makes sense, but honestly she had her chance and she threw her existence away. As far as I know, she's the only NPC being kept alive Harry Potter style just for the sake of existing. She deserves what's waiting for her, and I don't feel even slightly sorry for her after all of the horror she has wrought. It's time for her to go.

People will get upset. " Oh another horde leader gets to die yay", but that's what blizzard gave you and that's bad on them. It doesn't make all of the choices she made go away just because another horde leader will be gone.
Alliance sucks, Horde rules.
10/26/2018 02:10 AMPosted by Kirela
Can someone explain this since I don't know all of the details related to the valkyr and the NPC in question? If there's no valkyr she will just keel over and die or what?
Val'kyr as part of the Forsaken are essentially what keeps the Forsaken from going extinct. Also some of them sacrificed themselves to keep Sylvanas from truly dying... again.
Val'kyrs are essentially the hearts at the top of the screen for the Forsaken and Sylvanas, and honestly, I don't even know how many more they have left.

All of this arguing and people feeling so dejected about their side, frustrated over losing, etc is why they should have never made the faction war front and center.
I'm not frustrated about the Horde losing. I'm used to it and I've learned to expect it. I'm frustrated because, despite this, people will still claim that bias is a thing when it was the complaints about bias that put all of us in a position where Horde it's always divided and only held in place by the plot armor only playable factions can wield, while Alliance will never achieve the "true victory" of wiping the Horde despite the fact of being build up as something that could very much do that, because that simply can't happen.
10/26/2018 02:18 AMPosted by Midare
Alliance will never achieve the "true victory" of wiping the Horde despite the fact of being build up as something that could very much do that, because that simply can't happen.

This... this is what depresses me the most

When you think about it for awhile, you realize that things are so poorly written with such direct conflict, and the horde painted time and again as being lacking in numbers and strength... that in any actual conflict the horde would have been wiped out already. The only thing that keeps them alive is literally gameplay reasons.

But it could be so much better. The horde could be written to combat things much differently now under sylvanas. We arent led by an orc who favors direct combat anymore, we're led by a ranger who SHOULD favor subtly, cunning, and decisive and effecient strikes. Sylvanas makes mention at some points in the past to her troops being "arrows in her quiver," but anyone with that mindset, who actually was a great leader/hero of her people and therefore a distinguished veteran, would know that as an archer you don't just go spraying your load everywhere because you only have so many shots.

We COULD be playing the less direct attack game more often, favoring less open conflict and more subversion and undermining. But nah, gotta fight a head on conflict that we're inevitably going to lose because we simply don't have the firepower or manpower the alliance does. They literally have a floating ship that shoots machine gun magic cannons... how in gods name do you actually counter that in open warfare?

Its just.. such bad writing
10/26/2018 12:46 AMPosted by Midare
They don't have reason to.

10/26/2018 12:41 AMPosted by Sinelus
I don't even care about the story anymore. Its clear the horde bias is off the charts
"Gee, Mid, why you keep saying some Alliance players have a victim complex? It makes no sense!"

"Evidence #106038"

10/26/2018 12:40 AMPosted by Grisol
You forget to mention he mortally wounded. Not sure how he going to survive.
So, the guy that actually managed to escape an Alliance army in the past is actually fleeing wounded... but it's never good enough, never.

10/26/2018 12:46 AMPosted by Rorrand
Seriously, when it comes to the lore, I've never once regretted my decision to be part of the Alliance. And a large part of that has always been due to the fact that I look at the kinds of lore and major characters that are featured on the Horde and, with some few exceptions, I actually pity them.
Can I shake your hand Mr. Worgen?

I also wanna shake his hand. Thank you, wolf dude! So rare to see open mindedness from Alliance on the forums. (I even play both sides, despite my guild name) and I'm getting so tired of how they find a way to spin a 'bias' into everything. Let me enjoy my Night Elves without feeling like I'm playing on the ballpit faction!
Good thing the forums have an unlimited capacity to accommodate Alliance tears! (LOL)
Did you know that the great sea is actually just Alliance tears? Islands are at risk of coastal loss due to the rising salt levels.
Is there an explanation for why Delaryn and Sira are suddenly okay with being resurrected?
10/26/2018 04:22 AMPosted by Sy
Is there an explanation for why Delaryn and Sira are suddenly okay with being resurrected?

Not conclusively, no. However, take into consideration that, as of the end of the Horde campaign, Nathanos intends to "recondition" Derek to turn him into a sleeper agent so that he can murder the Proudmoores. This implies at least some level of mental manipulation.

Sylvanas is the "Banshee Queen," after all, and gameplay elements in both Warcraft III and Heroes of the Storm indicate a certain affinity for mind control. Banshees in WC3 could possess units, and Sylvanas (and the Dark Ranger neutral hero) could do the same thing upon unlocking her ultimate ability. In heroes of the storm, she can talent into seizing control of enemy minions and sending them back as part of her team's assault wave.

None of this conclusively proves that Delaryn and Sira are possessed (and in the case of Heroes it technically is non-canon material) but from where I stand the evidence at least nudges us in that direction. We have to entertain the possibility that Sira and Delaryn are by no means in their right minds.
10/26/2018 12:37 AMPosted by Rorrand
"Horde bias" arguments will never end until the Alliance completely wipes out the Horde and becomes the only playable faction in the game. Honestly, it's getting really old.

Oh yes maybe then they will finally stop whining and throwing tantrums, then they will complain about sitting around a campfire and singing kumbaya and twiddling their thumbs, then complain to Blizzard that they have nothing to do.

They say its the world of 'warcraft' but dont want an opposing faction, you cant win with these people.
Spoiler tags generally go in the subject
Please, for all that's unholy. Understand you will never be able to obtain the kind of win that will make you happy because the Horde has to exist.

Horde did not win there either, and Sylvanas' lost one of the most important things for her. If this was reversed, and Tyrande lost something that is essential for her survival, you would call this a Horde win.

Edit: I just read up about that if the valkyr die then she dies, which makes sense, but honestly she had her chance and she threw her existence away. As far as I know, she's the only NPC being kept alive Harry Potter style just for the sake of existing. She deserves what's waiting for her, and I don't feel even slightly sorry for her after all of the horror she has wrought. It's time for her to go.

People will get upset. " Oh another horde leader gets to die yay", but that's what blizzard gave you and that's bad on them. It doesn't make all of the choices she made go away just because another horde leader will be gone.

Well, what happened in Cataclysm during the first few zones of the Forsaken areas we learned something after Godfrey shot Sylvanas in the back of the head:

They can be used, by sacrificing themselves, as a sort of Soulstone or 1-Up to prevent the person they're resurrecting ( Primarily Sylvanas ) from experiencing true, permanent death. If the Valk'yr die, she won't keel over suddenly as if she'd been cut from her power source, but she will be rendered mortal again.

This is compounded by the fact that virtually every above-Mortal being that deals with the dead hates her. Bwonsamdi hates her, The Lich King hates her, Eyir, Queen of the Valk'yr in Stormheim will probably throw a spear across the continent at her, and she lost her collateral from Helya to Genn Greymane of all people. So realistically, things are looking pretty grim right now for the Banshee Queen since she was sacrificing Valk'yr left and right in Cataclysm and there aren't very many left.