Red Dead Redemption 2

Games, Gaming and Hardware
10/27/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Ayaani

Alright, you're on the official Blizzard-Activision WoW forum calling another game company scummy let alone that said company being ROCKSTAR?! Mind blowing. I bet you like the Azerite system too lol

I'm not sure what Blizzard has anything to do with what I said.

Good game =/= good company. Their games are good, their practices are scummy.
100 Hours crunch weeks is unacceptable. Delaying PC release to make twice the money is scummy. I didn't say anything at all about Blizzard since this not a thread about Blizzard.

Pretty sure that 100-hour week thing was them doing it by their own choice, and wasn't forced upon them in anyway, and they treated it as a contest among the team. I have worked a 95 hour week before, not because I was asked or forced to, but because i was passionate about the job.

And why is it scummy for a company to withhold a release for a separate console and earn a profit? You do realize that you are on a forum for a game owned by a company that is released Diablo 3 (Released in 2012 on PC) for the Switch 6 years later, and released it for PS4/Xbox One in 2014? Exact same practice, yet I don't see you calling Acti-Blizz scummy for that.

Acti-Blizz is is comparatively worse than Rockstar when it comes to practices such as these. Only one that is worse (in my opinion) is EA, since they just buy up and destroy smaller developers and their franchises. (RIP Mass Effect, Dragon Age, KotoR, Battlefield, Command and Conquer)

Pretty sure that 100-hour week thing was them doing it by their own choice, and wasn't forced upon them in anyway, and they treated it as a contest among the team. I have worked a 95 hour week before, not because I was asked or forced to, but because i was passionate about the job.

What a fresh pile of my own manure. Crunches are always, always from the top. You can't convince anyone that the entire team of devs said "alright I totally don't want to go home this week".
10/27/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Nîghtlord
Zelda Ocarina of time, played it nonstop in my younger years.
Diablo 2 was amazing, played it everyday, cannt remember for how long.
Then WoW came out, nothing was able to replace it, been playing for so many years. Bored now of BFA.

I was so bored, that I rented the new Assasin Creed, but it didnt provide the magic I was looking for. I also got the Witcher 3, but the way the guy moves is horrific and hard to control.

RDR2, not an MMO, but if you can relate to me in my gaming style, try this game, with the minimap off. From bored BFA player to another bored BFA player, this game is a must.

I warn you, controllers are dificult to get used to, you have to learn many combinations.

Give this game a try.

Get a gaming controller for witcher 3, makes the game a whole lot more pleasurable to play
10/27/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Azivalla

What a fresh pile of my own manure. Crunches are always, always from the top. You can't convince anyone that the entire team of devs said "alright I totally don't want to go home this week".

https://kotaku.com/we-were-working-100-hour-weeks-red-dead-redemption-2-h-1829758281

Only going by what i have read, and the interview that is sampled here. Whether it came "from the top" i don't know, just saying that some of them were willing to do it.
No PC port as usual. Screw Rockstar.
10/27/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Lough
Isnt it just GTA online reskinned?

Not even close
Then WoW came out, nothing was able to replace it, been playing for so many years. Bored now of BFA.

I was so bored, that I rented the new Assasin Creed, but it didnt provide the magic I was looking for. I also got the Witcher 3, but the way the guy moves is horrific and hard to control.

RDR2, not an MMO, but if you can relate to me in my gaming style, try this game, with the minimap off. From bored BFA player to another bored BFA player, this game is a must.

I warn you, controllers are dificult to get used to, you have to learn many combinations.

Give this game a try.

Thanks man, I liked RD, RD2 is a massive improvement. I'd been waiting to see if community response was as favorable as reviewer response before paying full retail for the game, because after crap like BfA and Last Jedi I wait for both before spending my money.

Give this game a try.

I own the game. I paid 60 dollars for a horse riding simulator that lets me shoot a gun every 2 hours. It’s pretty boring.
10/27/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Ayaani

Alright, you're on the official Blizzard-Activision WoW forum calling another game company scummy let alone that said company being ROCKSTAR?! Mind blowing. I bet you like the Azerite system too lol

I'm not sure what Blizzard has anything to do with what I said.

Good game =/= good company. Their games are good, their practices are scummy.
100 Hours crunch weeks is unacceptable. Delaying PC release to make twice the money is scummy. I didn't say anything at all about Blizzard since this not a thread about Blizzard.

I guess you're not "there" enough to be able to see the irony but hey, it's cool.

I won't do your research for you but google "rockstar employee 100 hour work week and actually read the full article not just the headline ya goof.
10/27/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Snikrot
. so when you have games that don't have intuitive controls, I'm constantly forgetting how to do things every time I pick up the game.
that's not good. I would get that checked out and im not even trying to be an !@#
10/27/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Forchancooki

Not even close

10/27/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Forchancooki

Not even close

It is amazing isnt it!

The only reason I am in forums is because I am at the mall waiting for family to finish shopping. I will go back to RDR2 asap.
I'm playing it on my Xbox One. I was reading the options, then figured "99 bucks, I guess, may as well get it all since I'm sure I'll play online too."

After playing Red Dead on the Xbox 360, then later on the Xbox One (when they finally let you move it to that) I'm already QUITE used to using the controller.

So it feels very intuitive.

The apparent depth is pretty insane, so far I've killed a Legendary Bear, after talking to a guy in my camp. Then I took the bear skin to a trapper guy, now I'm walking around in a bear head hat thing.

"What is that THING on your head?", is one of the comments an NPC I passed said.

It is way more complex than Red Dead Redemption (1) So there are some things I'm getting used to. You seem more limited as far as carrying stuff; When I had the Legendary bear skin/thing wrapped up on the back of the horse (with a visual element as well, instead of just "something in your pack") I passed a lady who was trapped under her horse. I helped lift her horse off of her leg, then she asked for a ride back to town. I could not give her a ride, with that bear thing on my horse. So I paused for a second, thought "Forget you lady, I'm going to go get a hat from this bear!", then rode off while she protested.

The graphics are INSANE; My computer is now a bit dated, so it could never look/play the way on this computer that it looks on my Xbox One. Watching your guy, with his horse, moving through the deep snow is just nuts; You almost feel it.

As someone said, the "horse riding simulator" is still pretty true. If you are like me, REALLY having enjoyed Red Dead 1, then this will be a lot of the same (just taken to the next level, in big ways.) If you didn't like Red Dead (1), then this might not be your cup of tea. They already did horses the best I've seen in a video game (in red dead), but this also ups that a bunch. Standing there using a "brush" on my horse, to clean it, I'm amazed at the detail.
10/27/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Kypookins
I'm playing it on my Xbox One. I was reading the options, then figured "99 bucks, I guess, may as well get it all since I'm sure I'll play online too."

After playing Red Dead on the Xbox 360, then later on the Xbox One (when they finally let you move it to that) I'm already QUITE used to using the controller.

So it feels very intuitive.

The apparent depth is pretty insane, so far I've killed a Legendary Bear, after talking to a guy in my camp. Then I took the bear skin to a trapper guy, now I'm walking around in a bear head hat thing.

"What is that THING on your head?", is one of the comments an NPC I passed said.

It is way more complex than Red Dead Redemption (1) So there are some things I'm getting used to. You seem more limited as far as carrying stuff; When I had the Legendary bear skin/thing wrapped up on the back of the horse (with a visual element as well, instead of just "something in your pack") I passed a lady who was trapped under her horse. I helped lift her horse off of her leg, then she asked for a ride back to town. I could not give her a ride, with that bear thing on my horse. So I paused for a second, thought "Forget you lady, I'm going to go get a hat from this bear!", then rode off while she protested.

The graphics are INSANE; My computer is now a bit dated, so it could never look/play the way on this computer that it looks on my Xbox One. Watching your guy, with his horse, moving through the deep snow is just nuts; You almost feel it.

As someone said, the "horse riding simulator" is still pretty true. If you are like me, REALLY having enjoyed Red Dead 1, then this will be a lot of the same (just taken to the next level, in big ways.) If you didn't like Red Dead (1), then this might not be your cup of tea. They already did horses the best I've seen in a video game (in red dead), but this also ups that a bunch. Standing there using a "brush" on my horse, to clean it, I'm amazed at the detail.

Where did you find a trapper I can't find one! I killed that same bear but keep riding around with the pelt on my horse.
Game of the year and it's not close.

Red Dead 2 is on another level with the realism & feel of a truly open world.
As a game developer myself I refuse to support a company like Rockstar because they treat their employees like utter garbage. I'm really glad it has come out to media attention with that clumsy tweet. You may enjoy their games but as a company Rockstar are more or less the US' answer to Konami.

Also, I don't need another open world, I have Breath of the Wild and even that didn't really entertain me. I will keep enjoying Octopath Traveler and Dragon Quest XI in between my WoW sessions, thank you very much.
Red Dead Redemption 2 looks amazing, I just am waiting for it to come on PC. It's annoying how it is console only first :(.

GTA5 had amazing story, so I was already thinking of getting it :). Now the reviews are so amazed by it.
Lol, I was actually coming here to ask PS4 owners if there are any free or cheap games to help with learning/remember the controller layout.

I just set up PS4 and installed RDR2 and SUCKED to high heaven on the opening mission.

Going to be a hell of a lot of game resets.
Hunting, skinning, fishing, gathering, cooking, leatherworking, upgrading, haircuts, barbershops....

4 days away from wow in like 14 years.... 4 DAYS!!!!!

No other game EVER has been able to pull that off.
10/27/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Drogak

Where did you find a trapper I can't find one! I killed that same bear but keep riding around with the pelt on my horse.

Oh, I forget where the guy was.

I had to look it up on the web, where he was about, if I recall. I love that crazy bear hat, the comments from NPCS are gold!

I'm at the point now where I'm upgrading the Camp, as well as having unlocked the guy you can "fence" stagecoaches/carts with. Of course, since I've unlocked that guy I've not encountered another coach/cart to bring him.

RDR1, yes, pretty much GTA skin. But RDR2? In some very minor ways but this is so much more than just a reskin. It blows both GTA and RDR1 out of the water.