Method Killed WoW

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
Method used to be the top Alliance guild, they changed to Horde for the superior racials.

Then many " lesser " guilds followed suit, and then more and so on.

With the factions lopsided as they are now this had a very negative affect on the game.

PVP queues get longer and longer, people rage, Blizz adds merc mode, doesn't help, people quit, and queue times get even longer.

So Blizz consolidates world pvp to one shard but the faction imbalance ( caused by Method ) makes it largely unplayable for one side and no one to fight for the other.

On the PVE side it's much the same story. After Method went Horde and the following mass exodus from the Alliance. Anything PVE related (world first, mythic+ championships etc) becomes a sad joke.

The same faction, with the same races, dominates over and over.
This has a demoralizing effect on the Alliance side which causes many to transfer to Horde (further compounding the issue) or they just quit altogether.

Yes Blizzard may have been the ones to make racials lopsided in the first place, but it was Method that caused the slide downward.
10/31/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Saltzfyre
Maybe if Alliance players didn't have this defeatist mentality they might actually get !@#$ done?

Can't get anything done when you have hour long queues cause nobody plays your faction anymore.
10/31/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Funsize
Maybe if Alliance players didn't have this defeatist mentality they might actually get !@#$ done?

Can't get anything done when you have hour long queues cause nobody plays your faction anymore.
But this is the case because of what he literally said
Lmao what Alliance players? They all transferred Horde.
10/31/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Funsize
Method used to be the top Alliance guild, they changed to Horde for the superior racials.

teehee he said the R word.

The only sad thing here is you, OP.
Didn't they switch like... a long time ago?
Players are always going to gravitate towards the most efficient path that guarantees them the greatest chances for success, specially at the top of the competitive ladder.

Don't blame Method for taking advantage of PvE racials that are inexplicably left unbalanced for the better part of a decade now. Blame the devs for not engineering solutions, and instead exploiting the imbalance, rolling horde themselves and further causing the lopsided faction rift.

With the factions lopsided as they are now this had a very negative affect on the game.

PVP queues get longer and longer, people rage, Blizz adds merc mode, doesn't help, people quit, and queue times get even longer.

So Blizz consolidates world pvp to one shard but the faction imbalance ( caused by Method ) makes it largely unplayable for one side and no one to fight for the other.

On the PVE side it's much the same story. After Method went Horde and the following mass exodus from the Alliance. Anything PVE related (world first, mythic+ championships etc) becomes a sad joke.

This has a demoralizing effect on the Alliance side which causes many to transfer to Horde (further compounding the issue) or they just quit altogether.

Yes Blizzard may have been the ones to make racials lopsided in the first place, but it was Method that caused the slide downward.

Ok I follow your logic.

But, what really led me to this thread was your name. Funsize. I was like 'this better be Gnome'. And surprise! You're a Gnome!
10/31/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Woopei

Yes, and it's had a ripple affect ever since.
10/31/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Menard

Ok I follow your logic.

But, what really led me to this thread was your name. Funsize. I was like 'this better be Gnome'. And surprise! You're a Gnome!

Yep I thought the name was perfect.
I wish I could blacklist threads that have the phrase “kill WoW” or any variation.
10/31/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Funsize

entire post just jumped outside window
Method didn't ruin it, the uncontrolled faction transfer for cash did that.

Yeah but argument is convenient now, and clearly someone has to be blamed
10/31/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Divium
10/31/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Funsize

entire post just jumped outside window

So you're saying guilds / people haven't been switching because of method?

Nope, don't believe it.

Please, do take back all the Alliance sheep who followed a guild over to our faction.
10/31/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Lorash

Please, do take back all the Alliance sheep who followed a guild over to our faction.

Would love to.
I'm just waiting for them to reveal Vulpera as horde-only... so that there's literally no longer even one single reason for me to stay alliance.

*looks at my own progression*

*starts to tear up*