LFM Deadmines! Checking IO

Classic Discussion
This is where the current game has lost a lot of people like myself. Retail has almost no sense of server community anymore. What with sharding, LFG/LFR, cross-realm etc, everything is impersonal and so template systems to screen "good" and "bad" players such as Raider.IO etc have sprung up to try and maximise efficiency.

The big draw of Classic (as it was in Vanilla) is that the server represents a physical fixed community. You interact with people to get things done. You learn who are good players and who are bad players and your friends list builds accordingly. As a result, systems such as Raider.IO are no longer really needed.
Getting 40 people to raid is difficult enough guilds wont be that picky only two questions needed what spec and build are you and do you have the majority of BIS. I cleared everything but nax while not being in a raiding guild just being online and having a good reputation got me invited in to plenty of other guild raids because they were short a person or two.
10/31/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Lagspike
The metric people are going to use is reputation.

You say LF1M ZF and 3 people reply in general chat. One of your group members says "hey I played with that guy in SM a week ago, he's real nice."

Youll take him because he has a favorable reputation.

This. One of the main reasons I want to play classic, honestly... No Xrealm nonsense means you actually knew who people where and reputations mattered.

It wasn't even just dungeons, the entire game itself was like an ongoing audition.

"I remember him from leveling up, he watched me get ganked by 2 alliance and did nothing.... forget him. *declined* "

"ahh *xxxxx*, yeah I see him on the auction house all the time, he's always selling alchemy things and enchants"

For my first guild particularly, we put a ton of stock in people we saw in random bgs, since we where the top pvp guild at the time. If you sucked or AFKd in a bg and anyone remembered you later, you where never getting in the guild.... If you where mopping the floor with the alliance, on the other hand, we probably went out of our way to try and recruit you... Meanwhile our guild's shadowpriest was invited specifically because he got HWL and most of the pvp crew knew him well just from times we weren't premading.

Finally, just in general, you always see people parked in org showing off their gear/characters and even to an extent their guild. "Oh wow "xxx" from guild "yyyy" got a sword of a thousand truths already! " Guilds and players could build a reputation just from kind of being on display like that.
10/31/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Jdpp
10/31/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Pärker
I doubt IO comes over, but I am intrigued to see if the larger community will adopt a system to rate people by or not. Who might come over to this game from the more modern era, and who of those that want this end up using that kind of system in their game play.

I know a lot of the forum community is against it, but you guys aren't everyone so it will be interesting to see what, if any, happens with the measuring of characters.

What metric would you use to rate someone other than pass/fail? Every competent tank or healer will be going on my friends list as I level.

Same. I add all friendly competent people I dungeon with on PServers. Even some who aren't the best but are still friendly and trying to learn. Those are the people you want to help become better players. Those are the people who become life long friends.
What exactly is IO? I haven't played Retail in a long time and I haven't seen it called for on any Pservers I have played on.
10/31/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Rözen
What exactly is IO? I haven't played Retail in a long time and I haven't seen it called for on any Pservers I have played on.
its a website that assigns players a score based on how many mythic plus dungeons they have run there times and how well they parce. Its gotten to a point where if you do not have a high score early on during the expansion you will struggle to find groups that will take you.
Just install meow meow beans, must be at least a 4 to join my group.
10/31/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Telasandra
10/31/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Rözen
its a website that assigns players a score based on how many mythic plus dungeons they have run there times and how well they parce. Its gotten to a point where if you do not have a high score early on during the expansion you will struggle to find groups that will take you.

Those are the kinds of things we DONT need in Classic. If people are decently geared or well enough to do the content they are trying to do then cool. As long as people listen and are willing to learn in 40 mans you will do well.
Not overly fussed, as long as it’s only used for endgame. If people want to be elitist over low end content, they won’t be the kind of people who will be the most fun to play with tbh.
All metrics arise from content demanding them. Considering most fights in Classic have very little 'demanding' limits to them (IE enrage timers, dps checks, reaction times to dispell or dodge etc) the metrics will be less important.

Naxx of course being an exception to most of those.
10/31/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Wtfbrew
Vanilla gameplay is so rigid that your personal skill level barely matters though.

Class matters more than player.

Only mages can really kite large groups of mobs.

Only warriors can tank high lvl raiding.

Only hunters can solo certain dungeons.

wrong, if you're a noob you won't succeed at any class 100%.
I'm going to ignore stuff like this.

When I group with people I'd like to group with again, I'll add them to my friends list or guild. I'd rather group with a cool person that has less gear/experience than an elitist jerk with bis.

It's about having fun. If you're not showing up, leaving early, being an @$$, interrupting my fun, Etc. then I'd rather not spend my time with you.
I am not particularly worried about gearscore or anything similar making it into Classic. Gearscore would need a significant rework to function, and I am not sure IO can hook your raid/dungeon kills in a pre-achievement environment.
10/31/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Clappncheaks
You can't rate stupid

You also can't fix stupid.
I am waiting for classic so bad since this sort of trash most likely will not be there.

I am the guy that is planning to make a morning horde raiding raiding guild and then hosting pug raids.

I don't care people's gear levels as long as they can listen, heal when asked, tank when asked or meet the min dps requirements. I want people to have fun and it will also help recruit folk.

I am just waiting for more news on when it will launch and what the content will be. If its progressive or static and of course what loot system we will get. I hope we don't get the current personal system. It does cut down on ninjas but who needs the 4th peice of t1 chest when someone else can't get right?

Also if anyone's interested hit me up at Sumela#1837.
10/31/2018 12:00 PMPosted by UbiquiE29F1F
Who else is excited for this?
stupid question requires stupid answer. Guys give him some. I cant come up with anything stupid right now
10/31/2018 10:37 PMPosted by Mooniah
this sort of trash most likely will not be there.
I really want WCL in classic.
Classic doesn't need this. If you are a try hard, join a try hard guild or make your own. Everyone else will just have fun without the stress you're bringing into your game play.
Checking what? I never heard that back in the day, it was so hard to get a group together for low level dungeons you just brought anyone you could regardless of anything.

Most of my low level dungeon experiences in classic where just a higher level guild mate helping me.