enhance ride the lighting PTR change

Arenas
wtf kind of change is this?

Ride the Lightning (New) If there is more than one enemy nearby within 8 yards when you cast Stormstrike, you also cast a Chain Lightning on the target. Otherwise, you conjure bolts of lightning to up to two furthest enemies within 40 yards dealing [ 50% of Spell Power ] Nature damage. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. Requires Shaman. Requires level 40+.

So if I play with anyone that Crowd Controls I can't take this talent because I'm just going to break everything if there's no else around the target beyond 8 yards

Like are blizz devs all mouth breathers?
Stop playing enhance in the arena tournies cuz its obvious blizzard just balances around this
Already Garbo tier for M+/raiding and now in 8.1 you wont see them in 3s
Lol? Obviously you havnt played set up comps as enhance before..?
Forked lightning always broke cc, even how it is now and hoe it use to be in legion, seeing as how the mechanics work... hit the closest target and further target ( healer is almost always the furthest target 99.99999999999999% of the time )
10/31/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Moltkè

Ride the Lightning (New) If there is more than one enemy nearby within 8 yards when you cast Stormstrike, you also cast a Chain Lightning on the target. Otherwise, you conjure bolts of lightning to up to two furthest enemies within 40 yards dealing [ 50% of Spell Power ] Nature damage. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. Requires Shaman. Requires level 40+.

So if I play with anyone that Crowd Controls I can't take this talent because I'm just going to break everything if there's no else around the target beyond 8 yards

what are you crying about.
going to need like a 20% damage buff to everything thats not stormstrike to make up for not being able to take this talent 90% of the time tbh
10/31/2018 04:33 PMPosted by Myracle
10/31/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Moltkè

what are you crying about.

Learn to read.

you of all classes should understand this the most

They are combining ride the lightning and forked lightning. so if you take the talent and you play with anyone that has CC which breaks on damage all you will be doing all game is breaking CC...
Blizzard’s constant need to bake cleave into class abilities is exhausting. Definitely feels like a backwards attempt in nerfing their damage talents.
I dont mind the change. Turbo isnt a set up comp, now I have a free spot to always have grounding/lust and not feel bad about foregoing triple ss talents
10/31/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Billgynoth
I dont mind the change. Turbo isnt a set up comp

great, more reasons to just run melee cleaves and zug harder.......
10/31/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Krateeq
Forked lightning always broke cc, even how it is now and hoe it use to be in legion, seeing as how the mechanics work... hit the closest target and further target ( healer is almost always the furthest target 99.99999999999999% of the time )

I only recently started playing enhance, but mainly with a rogue and hunter. I was pretty sure I was constantly breaking his CC.

So no real change here basically except they aren't both proccing at the same time resulting in less damage but a freed up honor talent.

Interesting...
10/31/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Scary
going to need like a 20% damage buff to everything thats not stormstrike to make up for not being able to take this talent 90% of the time tbh

Which would be a good thing right? Moving more damage to LL or Rockbiter or Windfury I mean.

This effectively frees up a talent slot (or two if RTL becomes redundant with the above buffs) which is appreciated - Of course, that all hinges on an almost blanket buff.
10/31/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Plagueborn
I only recently started playing enhance, but mainly with a rogue and hunter. I was pretty sure I was constantly breaking his CC.

you were

i also play enhance/sv and playing forked lightning is stupid
it rarely actually does real damage to your kill target and it breaks cc

the biggest burden on this change is that to keep chainlightning you're FORCED to have forked lightning which is HORRIBLE design

well unless you're one of those 1300 enhances playing enhance/moonkin/rsham 1500 rating above where they belong
10/31/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Krateeq

I think you're missing the point.

Right now, Enhance can take Ride the Lightning and choose NOT to take Forked Lightning if they're playing with CC that breaks on damage.

In 8.1 you CANNOT take Ride the Lightning without also (effectively) taking Forked Lightning. You'll have to drop both, which is a colossal damage loss.

I'm guessing that Blizzard doesn't want Forked Lightning and RTL being taken together, given the amount of extra damage it puts out, but this is a very sloppy and heavy handed way of doing it.
10/31/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Glowrss
In 8.1 you CANNOT take Ride the Lightning without also (effectively) taking Forked Lightning. You'll have to drop both, which is a colossal damage loss.

you also have to remember chain lightning wont even proc unless 2 targets are pretty much stacked which means you lose insane damage in alot of match ups

rarely ever will you get chainlightning damage in rmp,double wizard, war/dh that split

the only time you'll even make use of it is in mirrors/wwdks/wizardmeleex that dont include a rogue making swaps to your healer ect
even in hunter/melee matchups while the hunters kiting and you're sticking to him
with a warrior/rogue/shaman behind you and the hunter infront of you kiting, huge chances that you wont even proc chain lightning on the hunter

which is an INSANE damage loss on your primary target since atm chainlightning hits just about has hard as both stormstrike main hand and offhand together on your single target

forked should just be removed, stormstrike should either be buffed or stormbringer talent should return
OR if they really wanna move away from the "proc proc dead" game play, they need to significantly buff every other spell besides stormstrike which is probably overall better for the game
returning to more of a mop/wod enhance with high consistent damage
maybe even bring back doomwinds as an honor talent

i could genuinely see us playing a 'inviablerekt' version of enhance with hothand and totem mastery and even potentially primal primerx2 new windfury trait x1
I agree just remove forked and leave ride the way it is.

New talent will just be a pain in the !@#.
10/31/2018 11:37 PMPosted by Snizfork

11/01/2018 12:36 AMPosted by Scary
10/31/2018 11:37 PMPosted by Snizfork

Forked has always been a horrible design so why waste a great design in ride the lightning...Very lazy change.
Honestly I have zero hope they ever fix Enhance after these changes go through. If they were going to buff other damage to compensate for this then I’d think it would be done now. I fear we’re officially in the BM Hunter club for the rest of BfA.
No worries guys your top 5 damaging abilities will still be from auto attacks and spamming one button. Your complexity didn’t change so I believe in you.