Guild wars 2

Arenas
Everyone should just quit. They refuse to balance stuff, just let this game die. World quests feeling like a job just to get a azerite trait you need and if you don't you can't compete.

No vendors, no balance, no wow

Gw2 is free to try core game, path of fire is 30$ no monthly fee.

give it a go GL all
I already played GW2 its really bad. There is no progression. If there was gearing and a progression system it would be a fun game.

Also there are garbage templates which normalized everyone which is also stupid.
11/01/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Vagaboondo
I already played GW2 its really bad. There is no progression. If there was gearing and a progression system it would be a fun game.

Also there are garbage templates which normalized everyone which is also stupid.

Why because you don't need to play gw2 as a job to always compete? because you can jump into pvp with full gear and get rating based on skill and not ilvl?
11/01/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Bigleech
Why because you don't need to play gw2 as a job to always compete? because you can jump into pvp with full gear and get rating based on skill and not ilvl?

The game becomes stale after a while because theirs no progression. Maybe if you like PvP only game with no gear progression GW2 is better, but I didn't find it fun.
Remember playing GW2 as a P/P deadeye was fun for random play. Never got into the ranked as I couldn't for the life of me get the gameplay down, at least the surviving part of it.

I recommend it as a game when WoW has downtime but personally I couldn't play it as my main game. It is definitely worth trying though if you're having issues with current WoW also it's F2P, just can't play the "elite specs" if I remember correctly
11/01/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Bigleech

Maybe if you like PvP only game with no gear progression GW2 is better

Well this is the arena forums
imagine playing mmos and complaining about gearing up lol
Core game is F2P, and HoT is first expansion it's probley 10-20$ and PoF is the expansion with mounts, so i would definitely recommend Path of Fire expansion as you can use mounts anywhere in the world and you get a free max level for getting it.

As for PvP you usually want to have a mix of ability's. Like healing/Dodging/Blinds, usually going as a glass cannon damage wise will just get you killed because you will have no survivability. There gearing is common (green), rare (yellow) exotic (gold) ascended (purple) and you can get full ascended gear just by pvping and you get the same gear as pve'ing. No one forces you to PvE to get your BiS trinket so you can pvp at a higher level etc.
Guild Wars 2 sucks.
11/01/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Galaaja
imagine playing mmos and complaining about gearing up lol

Yeah imagine needing to stack x3 azerite traits to do damage in arena (drain life lock). And playing a game that completely comes down to rng (stormstrike, stormstrike, stormstrike??, another stormstrike) where did the other player go?
maybe you should just play destro in 3s its actually fine mls is a top tier comp
11/01/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Galaaja
maybe you should just play destro in 3s its actually fine mls is a top tier comp

Thats all i've played is destro because i haven't get any drain life trait gear yet. But i don't have friends that play mage so why would a mage take a lock when he can take a 1600 rogue and get 2500+. Wild times

All im saying is its wild that all the forums do is complain about x class being op but continue to play this game. Log off cancel sub wait for hotfix's or balancing and if it never comes out don't resub. There's a ton of better games out there
GW2 isn't all that great. Its fun as a side game at best.
11/01/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Bigleech
11/01/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Galaaja

All im saying is its wild that all the forums do is complain about x class being op but continue to play this game. Log off cancel sub wait for hotfix's or balancing and if it never comes out don't resub. There's a ton of better games out there

Almost as wild as someone quitting for Guild Wars 2 and yet continuing to lurk around the WoW forums. You’re like a girl that talks about how much of an !@#$%^- her ex is but still creeps on his instagram.
Thank you for reminding me! Had the base game since it came out but then totally forgot about it!
The expacs (which you dont even need btw) are like a month of sub. WoW is already dirt cheap so it's easy to do both while waiting for 8.1.
Sprinkle it with some skyrim SE/witcher 3 and I can quit my college, relationship and work.
Thank you, ruined my life :(
Why would you ever play gw2 when gw1 servers are still up???
Eso has a really fun take on pvp. And the class design built around player choice and combat system built around action bar swapping / weapon swapping is really engaging.

I think pvp trinket doesn't have a cooldown in ESO? But it has a high resource cost. So you can't spam it. It might have a CD but it's a short one. Also CC has DR's, of course.

It also gives a brief immunity to CC.

Otherwise the gameplay is pretty similar to Skyrim / ES titles. Crouching is stealth, all classes can crouch. Rogues can learn magic and cast spells. Mages can learn to dual weild daggers and melee, etc.

Their take on battlegrounds and large scale PvP is really something else. I would recommend playing if only to experience the joy that is Cyrodiil PvP. Seiging / Defending actual keeps / castles as a large raid, or small strike force.

Siege weapons break down walls, or cut down enemy players. Defenders counter siege, drop burning oil, and if they get a chance repair the walls mid fight. There's no graveyard spawning once a keep has been flagged as under assault. (taken something like 10% or 20% damage on an outer wall recently.), you spawn across the map. But players can build forward camps / outposts (that can be destroyed by the opposite faciton) as a mobile graveyard, to enable respawns to attempt to better assault / defend a keep.

I only played for a few months before BFA came out, and quit to play BFA with friends. but in my short time playing ESO i managed to get the coveted, time sensitive Emperor Title, which was really fun. I'd wish the experience of being emperor, or at least fighitng to crown a friend emperor upon all of you. Super fun time. While you're the emperor you're basically a god, it's like taking that stone in Ashran. You're not invincible though, it's possible to 1v1 the emperor in a out-skill situation, or 2-3 competent players can kill him.

As soon as your faction gets routed from the map, losing control of all the emperor keeps you're dethroned. It's considered really impressive if you can hold the crown for more than 24 hours on a competitive campaign.

It's a competitive title where you have to personally maintain 1st place on the campaigns leaderboard for your faction, while at the same time securing the Emperor Keeps located at key locations all at once, before a campaign ends. So a time frame of 7 days to 30 days depending on the campaign. It's a 3 faction king of the hill in a 1:1 scale Cyrodiil from the game Oblivion, actuall I'd say the Cyrodiil in ESO is a little larger than the oblivion game. There are also CTF objectives in the forms of Elder scrolls, having posession of them gives your faction minor buffs in combat performance.
SWTOR has the best PvP of any MMO I have played.
if you enjoy having like 4 skills tied to your weapon choice(EXTREMELY bland), and then like 6 skills you can pick for a total of 10 skills, most of which are incredibly bland then GW2 is for you.

remember you need to have some defensives and cc in those 10 skill choices lol.
11/01/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Avrek
SWTOR has the best PvP of any MMO I have played.

SWTOR was fun when wow got increasingly worse and SWTOR was a closer parody to the WoW everyone missed Like, swtor vanilla was more like WOTLK, and that was really really fun times. These days Swtor has kind of devolved into a homogenized cataclysm. They took out talent trees, turned it into a MoP talent system, removed niche class spells, and the game engine is super dated. It was super dated when the game came out, but at least class design was interesting back then.