Kul Tirans: Nix Shamans, add Paladin and Mage

General Discussion
11/02/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Terranox
11/02/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Dayon
Tide Sages are described as a priesthood. They are not shamans.

Look up Thomas Zelling. He says tidesages have control over the elements in the horde campaign. He is an undead kultiran tidesage. Basically the first horde undead shaman. There are also undead shaman in Naxxramas using totems

Shamans do not control elements. They commune with elemental spirits, who in return grant them the power to wield it. The way tidesages use water and wind is no different than the way a mage uses frost, fire, or the arcane.

What are these Undead shaman in Naxx?
11/02/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Dayon
Kul Tirans getting druids is weird, but the Drustvar association feels earned.

None of that groundwork is there for them to be Shamans. Don't cut corners now.

No mages? Jaina is a Kul Tiran, and a mage. Dalaran training, yadda yadda, Kul Tirans can still be taught how to be mages. What's the rationale for not getting paladins?

Really nonsensical choices.

Lost interest in Kultirans after seeing the choices its a shame.
No mages? Jaina is a Kul Tiran, and a mage. Dalaran training, yadda yadda, Kul Tirans can still be taught how to be mages. What's the rationale for not getting paladins?
Jaina had to leave Kul'Tiras specifically to become a Mage, because Kul'Tiras does not have the traditional mage Arcane/Fire/Frost tradition. As for Paladins, the Kul'Tirans do not follow the Light. They have Tidesages instead, who are basically Disc/Shadow Priests + Resto/Ele Shamans, with some Monk thrown in.
No Kul’tiran Paladins...Seriously, what would make Trolls be Paladins but not Kul’Tirans. Seriously this would have been an easy 60$ from me to change races but no more.
WOW will not be complete until ALL races can be any class. The Lore was gone a long time ago. It feels as if this is done on purpose to extend the life of some subscriptions but it looks like it is having the opposite effect.

I wonder if Metzen would have said "Nope, no human mages in Kul'Tiras" even when Jaina is the most famous mage and there are cloth wearing magicians all over Boralus.

What is the reason Blizzard? 10 classes for new horde race and 7 for alliance. This is getting tiresome
11/02/2018 06:13 PMPosted by Reeven
Jaina had to leave Kul'Tiras specifically to become a Mage, because Kul'Tiras does not have the traditional mage Arcane/Fire/Frost tradition.

Except there are Kul Tiran fire mages. One is a boss in Dazar'Alar, and then there's Adhara White.

Also Kael'thas trained in Dalaran for a while. That didn't mean Silvermoon had no mages.
Kul Tirans: Nix Shamans

First of all, how dare you.
Hell no, I've wanted a Human shaman forever and now I get my chance.
11/02/2018 08:18 PMPosted by Firekatkid
Kul Tirans: Nix Shamans

First of all, how dare you.

I dare.
Kul Tirans getting druids is weird, but the Drustvar association feels earned.

None of that groundwork is there for them to be Shamans. Don't cut corners now.

Really nonsensical choices.

Mages don't make sense to be excluded, but paladins do. Kul'Tirans are Gilneans who left for political reasons. Gilneas closed its borders before the Paladin Orders were first formed.
11/02/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Alurna
I'm surprised Kul Tirans have Priests.
Order of Embers. The Waycrest storyline was very 'priest on a mission'.
11/02/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Mythlor
Mage is in.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/22646758

They've updated the page. They removed Mages from Kul Tirans and Warlocks from Zandalari.
Give Kul Tirans the Mage class. That makes 8 classes.
Remove Monk from the Zandalari. That makes 9 classes (assuming they can be warlock, because that seems to be in dispute at present).
Shaman makes perfect sense, since that's essentially what tidesages are. I'll concede that excluding mage is bizarre though.
There's information flying left, right and centre at the moment. We may have to wait for the dust to settle from Blizzcon and some sort of consensus is reached. There's two official Blizzard pages with slightly different class spreads for the Kul Tirans and Zandalari, so some adjustments are needed.
Make shamans worth a damn and I might actually play one.
11/02/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Dayon
11/02/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Terranox
Look up Thomas Zelling. He says tidesages have control over the elements in the horde campaign. He is an undead kultiran tidesage. Basically the first horde undead shaman. There are also undead shaman in Naxxramas using totems

Shamans do not control elements. They commune with elemental spirits, who in return grant them the power to wield it. The way tidesages use water and wind is no different than the way a mage uses frost, fire, or the arcane.

What are these Undead shaman in Naxx?

Dark shaman use elements. Shaman are people connected to elements. Tidesages are cobtrolling elements and they also use void magic. You see undead shaman in the cobstruct quarter before patchwork. You also see undead vrykul shaman in wotlk dungeons which humans and kultirans derive from.
what about warlocks?!. the whole of druskvar is coverd in witches the are even in boralus a bit in quests!
wait, they can't be mages?? well, what the heck is jaina??