Why isn't flying in 8.1?

General Discussion
11/02/2018 09:33 PMPosted by Hirai
Wait, so MMO-Champion is wrong?

Under 8.1, it says:

Flying Added - Bees, Gryphons, and Mechanical Parrots

Actually, if you scroll up, you'll see: "Brawler's Guild returns in 8.1.5."

What you quoted follows a LOT further down the list, so it could be understood that flying would appear with patch 8.1.5.. since we're currently in patch 8.0, that's quite some time away.

Under 8.1, it says:

And a quote from the Recap, posted by a Blue:

Flying

Pathfinder Part 2 will become available and a variety of new flying mounts will be able to take to the skies.

Unless they have insider knowledge flying was announced together with the 8.2 info dump.

Under 8.1, it says:

Flying

Pathfinder Part 2 will become available and a variety of new flying mounts will be able to take to the skies.

half way done that list you saw, they begin talking about 8.2.5. it's below that they bring up flying.
11/02/2018 05:06 PMPosted by Vadya
Ion wanted to eliminate flying altogether in WoD. Players rebelled, Ion lost. His compromise was a convoluted Pathfinder achievement chain. It set a precedent, and is now assumed to be something players gladly accept.

It's a time-gating mechanism which serves to increase time played as well as satisfy the Wrath of Ion for losing the flying debate.
It's also the next best thing to eliminating flying from all current zones. When flying becomes available in Zandalar and Kul Tiras, the zones will not be current content anymore while the current zone, Naz'jatar, will be a "no flying ever" zone.
11/02/2018 06:37 PMPosted by Hôtness
11/02/2018 05:58 PMPosted by Hinata

Tom Chilton was the game director during WoD, Ion just broke the news that they wanted to not include flying. Try again, though.

Ion was LEAD Game designer during WoD. so that blows your point.

No, he was Assistant Game Director. Try again.
Why isn't flying in 8.1? Because they said it will be available in 8.2!
Honestly, we should have all seen this coming, years ago, when they made the Draenei and Blood Elf starting zones. I guess most of us never imagined they would try to shove the no fly zones down our throat to the extent they have.
11/02/2018 05:58 PMPosted by Hinata

Tom Chilton was the game director during WoD, Ion just broke the news that they wanted to not include flying. Try again, though.

Everything is Ion’s fault, don’t you know! Logic and facts aren’t needed here, just stupidity and mob rule!

Seems to work in social media for utterly ridiculously stupid politics.....
Meatwagon mount.
Why should flying be in from the start? It lets you cheese all the content.

You people don’t want to play the game you just want blizzard to mail you free epics each week.
They're waiting for 8.2 so they can introduce new land masses and then they'll throw an insulting bone to flying in the previous zones while still not letting us fly in the zones we'd actually want to fly in now.
11/03/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Tyrilina
Why should flying be in from the start? It lets you cheese all the content.

You people don’t want to play the game you just want blizzard to mail you free epics each week.

Holy crap no that is not the issue. People will consume more content with flying. More wqs and more farming because people will be able to do more in the time they have.

And how the F does flying somehow give people free epics? Flying doesn't automatically deck you out in bis gear, it doesn't automatically get you into raids or mythics, it doesn't play the game for you. So get the Heck out of here with that crap
I am perfectly okay with Pathfinder 1 and support that model. What made me cringe beyond words though in Legion was Pathfinder 2 ... that was just punitive with the overly difficult quest line (that was then nerfed a few times after a lot of us did it).

If they give us flying at the same time they drop in a new no-flying zone that may just kill the game for me. I'm already losing interest after the buggy mess that is BFA.

(puts out a little tray of cookies for all to enjoy)
11/02/2018 07:44 PMPosted by Shado
No-flying was the brain child of Tom Chilton and Alex Afrasiabi... but Ion is the face that gets to deliver it to you.

Let's keep shooting the messenger, however. This is indeed one of those rare moments where I'm actually defending Ion, but simply because people act like Ion is/was the main force behind the attempt to have flight removed permanently.

Its called they dont want you to get tired ofthe gameplay so they purposfully set you back on things like no flight and call it innovative.
11/02/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Xukon
I legitimately don't understand why we should be made to wait for 6+ more months for NO REASON.

Simply because YOU don't think there is a reason doesn't mean there isn't one. Pathfinder has never been completable this early. Nothing new here.

Here, let me dust off your participation trophies.
11/03/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Grumbles

If they give us flying at the same time they drop in a new no-flying zone that may just kill the game for me. I'm already losing interest after the buggy mess that is BFA.

[/quote]

Well, that's exactly what they're going to do. To this day you STILL can't fly in Argus. It's so dumb.
To increase MAUs for as long as possible.

If they force everything to take longer, every play session becomes less efficient.

Over time that adds up to you requiring extra days of logging on.
11/02/2018 07:10 PMPosted by Snownose
Whats the point designing all these zones if everyones just gonna fly through it as fast as possible then cry that there's no content

Ive already been through all the zones completely for both factions. There already is no content outside of dungeons and raids for me. Flying wont change that, but it would make the game more fun for me. There are many players like me.

If this were the first week or month of the game you might have a point, but for many of us we have already done it all so your statement is moot.
I think we need another flying revolution. Flying should be hot fixed in to people who have finished pathfinder. No good reason imwe can’t alresdy fly.

Under 8.1, it says:

Flying

Read it again...
"A future patch is called Rise of Azshara"

"Pathfinder Part 2 and Flying will come with Rise of Azshara - Bee, Gryphon, and Mechanical Parrot mounts."