Alliance being let down on Kul Tiran class options

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
Nobody complained when Mag'har could be 7 classes, and Dark Iron could be what...9?
I was mostly surprised they get priests instead of mages, since as others have mentioned, they don't really worship the light. They already had 2 healing capable classes as well. Typical mages don't exactly fit KT either, but it feels like a better match to me than a priest.

Also, while I main alliance and have felt like we were being slighted at times, the number of classes for Kul Tirans is not one of those cases. This was clearly a case of them trying to keep relative balance of class/race combos between the factions.

I just need to decide if I level a KT druid first, or a monk and RP them as a pro-wrestler.
11/04/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Elise
I was mostly surprised they get priests instead of mages, since as others have mentioned, they don't really worship the light. They already had 2 healing capable classes as well. Typical mages don't exactly fit KT either, but it feels like a better match to me than a priest.

Also, while I main alliance and have felt like we were being slighted at times, the number of classes for Kul Tirans is not one of those cases. This was clearly a case of them trying to keep relative balance of class/race combos between the factions.

I just need to decide if I level a KT druid first, or a monk and RP them as a pro-wrestler.

Tidesages are priests. A different kind of priest, yes, but a priest nonetheless. They're essentially a form of shadow priest, as they follow the teachings of the Tidemother, which is likely N'zoth related, and have a lot of Void spells as well as their water spells.
All of you Alliance people need to give it a rest Zandalari can't be Warlocks according to the official Blizzard post and the official Allied Races page which is what I would trust over anything else Dark Iron got 9 classes and so do Zandalari deal with it.
11/03/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Nearo
11/03/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Synah
I actually predicted these types of posts cause I knew Zandalari would be pallys along with druids and shaman's.

Personally I don't care, I'm actually glad they get to be Zandalins Horde needs more pally.

But I knew Alliance would be howling over the less classes on Kul tiran

Don't get me wrong - I'm happy for Troll fans who have been waiting all these years to get some love. Zandalar is a great addition to the game and the Zandalari are getting awesome class options - good for them.

But when the parallel main Allied Race of the expansion on the Alliance side gets so clearly snubbed, it's our responsibility as players to let Blizzard that we disagree with their decision. I don't think us voicing our disagreement should be dismissed as "howling".

Stop comparing alliance to horde. Both are different factions with different options. All you are doing is displaying your own ignorance to the facts.
Where was TC when Dark Iron and Mag'har were announced with Mag'har having fewer classes... or do you only complain about inequality when you're the one not being treated equally?
11/03/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Tyierin
So many immature players here wanting a race to actually lose options because of “bias,” while completely ignoring that DI got more classes than Mag’har orcs.

came here to say this
It wouldn't be another day without an irrational "horde bias" post.
They did it for balancing reasons. Not hard to figure that out.
11/04/2018 07:47 AMPosted by Akston
It wouldn't be another day without an irrational "horde bias" post.

Add Horde Favoritism to that because it's always one of those two words and it's perfect.
11/03/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Nearo
Kul Tiran Humans should be able to be Paladins.

Kul Tiran Humans should be able to be Mages.

Junktiras are Yahoos ( Jonathan Swift ) druids and shamen!
You have taken abominations of lore!
Then, you have to lose something!
Farwell Paladins and Mages! Life is just like that!!
You people are idiots holy cow.

Look at the current allied race lineup:

Lightforged Draenei: 5
Void Elf: 7
Dark Iron Dwarf: 9
Kul'tiran: 7

Total: 28

Nightborne: 7
Highmountain Tauren: 5
Mag'har: 7
Zandalari: 9

Total: 28

Do at least a little research first.
The Zandalari have every class available to the Kul Tirans, plus Mage, Warlock and Paladin.

Why are you comparing the two? They're not the same race or culture.

It's clear from questing that the Kul Tirans have their own, different religious order than other humans, I'm honestly shocked that Kul Tirans got Priests. Jaina had to go to Dalaran to study magic, so it was doubtful the Kul Tirans would've had mages. The culture overall seems pretty low on magic, so excluding Warlocks doesn't lack logic. I mean, they did just have a big story about Witches in Drustvar, so I could see them being fairly against darker magic.
11/04/2018 07:13 AMPosted by Hezzlocks
11/04/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Elise

Tidesages are priests. A different kind of priest, yes, but a priest nonetheless. They're essentially a form of shadow priest, as they follow the teachings of the Tidemother, which is likely N'zoth related, and have a lot of Void spells as well as their water spells.

The N'zoth/shadow priest angle makes sense. I wish they got different animations for Tidesage priests that weren't shadow, but then people would be freaking out and asking for custom animations to fit the lore for their races better. Which I would love, but I don't think they have the bandwidth for it.
11/03/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Skyterrortwo
DI dwarfs have more classes than maghar orcs, no one bats an eye.

Zandalari have more classes than Kul Tirans, everyone loses their mind.

More proof that the Alliance are the faction that looks for every reason to cry they can find.
11/03/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Synah
I actually predicted these types of posts cause I knew Zandalari would be pallys along with druids and shaman's.

Personally I don't care, I'm actually glad they get to be Zandalins Horde needs more pally.

But I knew Alliance would be howling over the less classes on Kul tiran

From a lore standpoint missing mages and Paladins just feels wrong. Those are iconic human classes and as other people have pointed out, they were present in RTS games where Kul Tiras was a faction.

The should abandon "balance" in the sense of making the # of each class across factions equal and favor lore with more options for everyone. If they add more classes to a race for equality, fine BUT TAKING AWAY IN THE NAME OF "BALANCE"? Dumb.
While it is a catastrophic failure on Blizzard's part not to let Kul Tirans be paladins, I'm more disturbed by the fact that the available classes also come with morbid obesity and/or slapstick Strong Guy structural deformities.
They just didn't have time to finish all the classes for Kul Tirans, so they cut some of them. That's why they're just view releasing info about the race. Because they hadn't even started it. It's the same story this whole expansion. Everything is half done.
Dont the dark iron dwarves have more classes than the orcs?