8.1 in 5 weeks but work has barely started

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
This is very troubling. The 8.1 patch is supposed to be December 11th? Class work has barely begun. Most issues are still not addressed, and the only changes that have been made are tiny nibble-around-the-edges bits that won't change a damn thing.

Time to burn the midnight oil, Blizzard. Clock's ticking and you have 5 weeks left to fix the gross errors you've made this expansion in class design.

Take a look at your MDI for starters. The same specs over and over again. And if you say "well, we don't design around that", what are you designing around? Because those same problems extend into wider M+ and into raiding. It's systemic.
They haven’t done enough to balance the classes on the PTR, bandaid fixed at best.

Where is the tank balance? The DK changes will not unseat them from the most used m+ class, compared to all other tanks combined.

Tank talent diversity is pretty hosed right now. VDH only has 2 talent rows which are ever swapped around. That’s totally broken.

My thoughts are if they did a total talent overhaul for all classes it would really help.

Help all classes, not matter where their balance is DPS or HPS wise on the meters, by only buffing the talents they are never taken. Find those talent rows that have less than 5% representation and buff them slightly for all classes.

Then everyone would appreciate that Blizzard is putting work in for them, and not just playing favorites.
The mistake is assuming class balance and tuning is a priority to Blizzard. Hazzikostas straight up said they’re more concerned about pumping out content.
I just don't get it.

They are adding 3 more azerite slots and are supposedly buffing the class specific traits. Some of these traits already saw nerfs because stacking 3 of them was problematic in certain aspects of the game like PVP. What will happen if people can stack 6 of them instead of 3?

Making traits stackable 6 times means they will be diluted to the point where having just one feels unimpactful. Which is my biggest problem with azerite. They just don't feel like the make a difference until you stack several of the same.

They promised to come up with more interesting traits and yet only one for each class has been announced. They said they would remove the less interesting ones but so far for my classes I play only one has been changed.

So we got so many promises and very little delivered ones again and we will not be able to test the changes and provide feedback. So basically people with eat nerfs when this goes live again and will feel the work they put into collecting specific combos and azerite pieces was a waste of time.

They seriously need to hire more help or do something because this is no longer funny. These are just the potential problems I see with azerite. Don't even get me started on the turtle pace at which they are making class changes.
Ummm, where have you been throughout Alpha, Beta, Pre-launch, etc.? This type of thing is what the current Blizz dev team considers massive changes. They haven't done hardly a thing to classes, and expecting some sort of tectonic shift in how they do things is rather naive.
They gotta focus on pumping out the content we love, like island expeditions and warfronts.

Never mind that you can barely stomach to run content you'd normally enjoy because your class feels terrible to play.
11/08/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Bearpunch
The mistake is assuming class balance and tuning is a priority to Blizzard. Hazzikostas straight up said they’re more concerned about pumping out content.
This blows my mind. Class design is obviously the most quintessential aspect of the game, especially if you aren't an alt monkey.

Shadow priests for example still look terrible for everything outside of LFR.
11/08/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Moonshayde
Ummm, where have you been throughout Alpha, Beta, Pre-launch, etc.? This type of thing is what the current Blizz dev team considers massive changes. They haven't done hardly a thing to classes, and expecting some sort of tectonic shift in how they do things is rather naive.
Ding ding ding.

Some of these people who are looking towards 8.1 for fixes were literally the same people on these forums saying Blizzard obviously will fix things "by beta," then "by release," and now "by 8.1." I'm sure after 8.1 they will look towards 8.2 for all the fixes that will obviously happen.

This is far beyond optimistic, it's just straight up delusional naivety.
11/08/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Bearpunch

Gotta those important questions, like “how they’re gonna fit all that wonderful content on a smartphone?”
We need to call it what it is: An extremely poor, but specific decision to allocate development resources in a way that prioritizes surface-level changes (art) and storyline content over deep mechanical ones (class design).

Ion has said publicly that he believes if the content is fun, nothing else matters. In other words, no matter how bad classes are to play, if the content is engaging players will be engaged. Of course, the exact opposite is true. If classes are fun to play, then content largely doesn't matter; anything will be fun if your class is fun and engaging. Anyone who plays the game can attest to this, but the developers don't play the game (for passion) anymore, which is why their decisions are as tone-deaf as they are.

Anyway, that is a specific design philosophy that speaks to the priorities we're seeing in development allocation. Until that philosophy of his changes, it's unlikely we'll see the type of major improvements we'd like to see re:class design.
The sheer incompetence is staggering.

7 months ago we started giving feedback.
We still get no communication.
We still get minimal fixes.
We still get no explanation as to what problems they want to fix.
We still haven't been told our niche.

Sucks to take this out on the CM's but come on guys, tell the dev's to do their jobs. I'm sick of paying for this !@#$.
11/08/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Kabbie
Gotta those important questions, like “how they’re gonna fit all that wonderful content on a smartphone?”

You know I would of taken that sarcastically a few weeks ago, but after Blizzcon I honestly would not be surprised if they were serisouly considering WoW full fledged mobile.

Like a mobile app that allowed you to log in and do routine pve things like dailies or farming, just not group content like raiding.

It would make a lot of sense out of why they have been diluting the game so much over the last few xpacs.

If they have considered this I hope they realize how stupid of an idea it would be now after seeing how poorly diablo went.
Check out MM or DH sometime. Two button specs, perfect for the iPhone.
11/08/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Latest
You know I would of taken that sarcastically a few weeks ago, but after Blizzcon I honestly would not be surprised if they were serisouly considering WoW full fledged mobile.

I was genuinely surprised that the wow panel had quite a huge audience. They never really mentioned class design or never even bothered to mention it.

Class design is the number 1 reason why sub counts are dropping. Next to that is the garbage asserite system.

8.1 patch is truly the deciding factor of whether people will stay subbed or not. Shamans, spriests, prot warriors, and many other classes were promised a fix.

Our patience is gone, we have been waiting for nearly 4 months just so our classes could become playable. There is no way in hell we're gonna wait ANOTHER 4 MONTHS, it's over.

11/08/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Dumb
If classes are fun to play, then content largely doesn't matter; anything will be fun if your class is fun and engaging.

I was able to play through WOD because classes were still fun. There was literately no content but when my class made sense and was functional, nothing was boring.

The main reason sub count dropped so much was due to pruning, afk garrison, and just flat out no content.

WOD is the polar opposite of BFA.
You noticed that weak misdirection game too, huh?

I saw all the mounts and pets, and immediately thought “You think we want this, but we don’t.”
I predicted the sub count would drop substantially ever since shadow word: death became a talent (around alpha).

I also predicted the sub count wouldn't effect the amount of people attending blizzcon specifically for wow. They will still pull you in catching you offguard with stories, more mounts, promising content, and more races!
Class design is not bad imo for most classes, but tunning is the worst ive seen since vanilla and tbc.
11/08/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Gurthäng
Class design is not bad imo for most classes, but tunning is the worst ive seen since vanilla and tbc.

Not to be rude, but i can't understand how these specs, classes with little to know interplay between abilities and 3 to 5 button rotations are good design.

Tuning isn't that far off potentially, however it is impossible to tell with these worthless niche class design. If you tune class A to be Great in AOE, but mediocre in ST that could be fine. However, when Class B is Designed to Great in ST, and mediocre at best in AOE, but ends up lower middle in ST, and worse in AOE....

Yeah you can tune that, if they wanted to make any effort, but I'm not seeing it. However, how many situations require Great ST, vs Great AOE. Add in some classes fully loaded with Utility, and some with 0 Utility. It becomes impossible to balance.
We can unsub all we want, nothing is going to change. It’ll be a bitter sweet goodbye to this game for most of us. 8.1 will not be the knight in shining armor that we need to keep us addicted. Heck not even 8.2 really has a lot of us interested anymore. Sucks most of us waste $15 a month to sit here and feel like this.
Sounds like when BfA launched. Probably going to be a common theme in BfA.
Imo every spec needs a rework. They're all shadows of what 5hey were. Diablo 3 has more engaging classes at this point, and that's just wrong.