The entire blizz IP is under threat.

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
11/07/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Quizotic
11/07/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Mvura

In other words - an advertisement happened about something I'm not interested in, so everything is on fire and everything Blizzard related is imploding.

Is there another level of hysteria above this one?

the big thing was they stirred the pot and had everyone expecting an update to current diablo. Sadly the devs over there made a post a few weeks ago getting people excited and then last minute tried to pull the plug on the hype train. (it didn't work)

it'd be like blizz hinting at high elves/flying right before blizzcon and then come blizzcon saying nothing but announcing something out of left field like mobile armory will now sim gear.

that's okay and all but we were hyped for something else because of blizzards own words.

Except they released a video prior to Blizzcon stating there wouldn't be a D4/Expansion/Remaster for Diablo... So how did they stir the pot?
11/07/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Kygn
11/07/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Quizotic

the big thing was they stirred the pot and had everyone expecting an update to current diablo. Sadly the devs over there made a post a few weeks ago getting people excited and then last minute tried to pull the plug on the hype train. (it didn't work)

it'd be like blizz hinting at high elves/flying right before blizzcon and then come blizzcon saying nothing but announcing something out of left field like mobile armory will now sim gear.

that's okay and all but we were hyped for something else because of blizzards own words.

Except they released a video prior to Blizzcon stating there wouldn't be a D4/Expansion/Remaster for Diablo... So how did they stir the pot?

There wouldn't be an announcement*

Never said that none of that would happen. Only thing they did end up saying is that they have multiple Diablo projects in the works. Using logic and reason, it's safe to assume that a PC game is among them.
So how did they stir the pot?

I guess he's saying that he has literally no responsibility for his own behavior or reactions? Hard to say.

Blizzard should have, for each ticket holder, said .. "Are you thinking we're going to announce Diablo 4? We're not. We're going to say something you probably hate. Can you repeat that after me and sign here in triplicate that you understand?"
wow is 14 years old its had its days.if fortnight can get the numbers its getting it wont take blizzard to long to find the right mobile game to take over wow.
11/06/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Farora
I'm okay with them trying new things as long as they can keep the old things fun too.

I wouldn't mind a battle pet phone app>.>

All right, but for real. I'd play a battle-pet phone-app.
11/06/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Ajora
"The fidelity on mobile devices is becoming close to the kinds of games we can see on PC and console."

Just 10 years behind current Console and PC system specs.
11/07/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Kentaurus

There wouldn't be an announcement*

Never said that none of that would happen. Only thing they did end up saying is that they have multiple Diablo projects in the works. Using logic and reason, it's safe to assume that a PC game is among them.

And after Blizzcon they have already stated, there are still other Diablo projects in the works not including the mobile game.

My point was people were expecting something they were basically told not to expect. I guess they honestly should have spelled it out in laments terms because once I saw that video, I already knew there would be no new D4/Expansion/Remaster announcement because the video basically stated it.

I wish the Diablo fan base would just be patient. It took over 10 years to get a sequel to D2(If you can really call it that). My hopes are they are taking the time to reflect on what failed/succeeded with D3 and look back on why people are still playing D2 and see what they can do to merge those successes.
11/07/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Kygn
And after Blizzcon they have already stated, there are still other Diablo projects in the works not including the mobile game.

and yet it's the guy who fixed d3 and who the community is hoping would be working on said computer game is who's promoting Diablo immortal and defending it endlessly and doing countless interviews trying to fixed the already tarnished reputation

so tell me how is he (who people want working on the game because he fixed d3) supposed to be working on d4 or anything for the PC if he's too busy trying to keep a project no one asked for afloat?

he doing interview after invterview, so either the pc stuff is a ways off (p.s. it's been over 4 years since the last expansion) or there is no pc stuff
11/07/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Quizotic
11/07/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Kygn

and yet it's the guy who fixed d3 and who the community is hoping would be working on said computer game is who's promoting Diablo immortal and defending it endlessly and doing countless interviews trying to fixed the already tarnished reputation

so tell me how is he (who people want working on the game because he fixed d3) supposed to be working on d4 or anything for the PC if he's too busy trying to keep a project no one asked for afloat?

he doing interview after invterview, so either the pc stuff is a ways off (p.s. it's been over 4 years since the last expansion) or there is no pc stuff

4 years that's cute... Diablo 3 is basically done with. We're in the "lets shift around numbers and reset seasons" phase. Don't expect D4 for another 2-4 years. Diablo isn't wow where they just make a new expansion every 2 years. Expect to wait a long time for D4. The fact that most fans over-analyzed and got themselves excited for something that wasn't promised is their own fault.
11/06/2018 08:16 PMPosted by Jamesfisk
Space aliens?

Montauk Project. I'm tellin ya its all true.
11/07/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Kygn
11/07/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Quizotic

4 years that's cute... Diablo 3 is basically done with. We're in the "lets shift around numbers and reset seasons" phase. Don't expect D4 for another 2-4 years. Diablo isn't wow where they just make a new expansion every 2 years. Expect to wait a long time for D4. The fact that most fans over-analyzed and got themselves excited for something that wasn't promised is their own fault.

no I think blizzard announcing a mobile game at a convention of mostly PC gamers as if it was something big was the biggest mistake in all of this.

but you keep on blaming the customers for having expectations of the company they invested time and money into
11/07/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Quizotic
11/07/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Kygn

no I think blizzard announcing a mobile game at a convention of mostly PC gamers as if it was something big was the biggest mistake in all of this.

but you keep on blaming the customers for having expectations of the company they invested time and money into

- Blizzcon is about all aspects of Blizzard. I am sure when the Diablo series comes out they will be announcing it there too if the timing is right.
- Blizzcon isn't just about PC gaming. That notion died a long time ago when the likes of Hearthstone hit mobile devices as well as Overwatch and Diablo hitting consoles.
- I am not blaming the customers for having expectations. I am blaming them for their reaction to a presentation that, while it was of the same franchise, It wasn't for them. If they don't play games on mobile devices, that presentation wasn't for them. I don't play fortnite, but I'm not going to go to a fortnite convention presentation and boo them for getting some new skins or maps.
- I am also disappointed in the fact that none of these "PC master race" fans have even fathomed the fact that there are android emulators with mouse and keyboard compatibility that let you play mobile games on pc flawlessly.
It's been under threat since Activizion became a part of it.
11/07/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Ajora
11/07/2018 12:17 AMPosted by Jugajr
wow isn't going mobile. Relax

.....YET
"We have many of our best developers now working on new mobile titles across all of our IP's"

he's wrong, it's not going mobile, it's going the way of the dinosaur

I've been saying this for years, but MMOs are an outdated genre in both the fun department for many people, and for developers. compared to gacha games they probably won't be profitable again until some hot VR MMO takes the stage during the market boom, which won't be for a couple years.
I just think Blizzard wants to end up making the next Angry Birds and Pokemon GO in terms of Mobile success.

But this Diablo Immortal ain't it imo.

To me the best possible game they could do in the Mobile scene is this.

Make a Mobile Game that is in direct competition to Pokemon, as in the mainstream Pokemon games on Nintendo's Handheld Consoles, not Pokemon GO.

A competitor to Mainline Pokemon games on Mobile would definately be up Blizzard's capabilities.
I’ve been playing this game since February 05. I loved Blizzard as a company when I was a kid... but this is like seeing your best friend descend into a mental illness that just destroys their mind.

I legit want to cry now.
11/06/2018 08:58 PMPosted by Vicktoria
I’m not playing no stinkin mobile games

I play games on a PC

Yes, it is. They keep dumbing it down for that very purpose. Over a year ago I remember reading that Ion only played WoW on his tablet. I don't know if that is true, but it sounds about right. WoW is definitely headed for mobile phone, and that's why it sucks right now. People keep comparing the RNG to gambling, and you read these things about mobile games taking advantage of people susceptible to gambling addiction and it all comes together.
11/06/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Lostinwoods
I can't believe Wyatt is still doing this, he just sits there hanging his head. Must be a good paycheck.
I mean, if the choice is keeping your well paying job, or "not selling out" and likely losing your job, yeah I'd sell out too.

My personal life and well being definitely takes priority over making masses happy.
11/06/2018 09:09 PMPosted by Johnny
Scared me for a minute thought it was planetary threat!

But that is just it - a true planetary threat to Azeroth.

The final end boss of WoW will be a mobile version of WoW, and that will be the one boss the players can never defeat.

In fact, the first time you fight the mobile app final boss of the WoW franchise, you will wipe, and the PC game you are playing will shut down and uninstall itself and make it so you can never reinstall it again.

Your only choice afterwards will be to play WoW Mobile!

True story, bros and broettes.

/moo
11/07/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Úlfhéðnar

Yes, it is. They keep dumbing it down for that very purpose. Over a year ago I remember reading that Ion only played WoW on his tablet. I don't know if that is true, but it sounds about right. WoW is definitely headed for mobile phone, and that's why it sucks right now. People keep comparing the RNG to gambling, and you read these things about mobile games taking advantage of people susceptible to gambling addiction and it all comes together.

You might be right about wow heading for mobile phone... but you've got wrong what that would look like.

Nobody finger-tapping on a mobile is going to be actual competition for a KBM players on a modern PC... nor is that finger-tapping mobile user going to be actual competition for a mythic+ runner or a mythic raider. They'll barely make LFR skill level, if that. They might be able to quest some, do ah duties, profession swaps - frankly things we might want to do with our alts... but.. there will still be that high end world of gameplay - the hardcore stuff. Finger-tappers won't be actual competition with them. It's not an either-or world, it would be an expansion of wow to include even more things.

If you think hardcore wow gameplay will just go away, that's.. sily.