Cdew's Secret Rogue Gear Set

Arenas
https://clips.twitch.tv/BadBlatantSoymilkDerp

:)
Oh snap, just saw this and made a thread right after you haha. 123k crit in greens with Poisoned Knife, a ranged spell too.
Only beta guys, relax.

It won't be like this when servers go live.
does it do full damage on live or was it just never hotfixed on TR?
when was this clip from?
Well, Cdew has the trophy in view so it was probably a day or two ago.
11/07/2018 06:47 AMPosted by Danafer
when was this clip from?

Clipped 18 hours ago, and like Scarjo said, he has the trophy there too.
fml.
11/07/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Efx
11/07/2018 06:47 AMPosted by Danafer
when was this clip from?

Clipped 18 hours ago, and like Scarjo said, he has the trophy there too.

Nope someone must have photoshopped that timestamp.

Definitely a conspiracy that blizzard gave him the trophy before the tournament.

Would explain the lack of DH changes. The twitchchatful gladiators were right.
How exactly does the scaling work when in greens? I'm posting on this priest so you can see my horrible gear. If I were to get high ilevel azerite traits would I be doing more damage than my 365 ilevel spriest??? I did some skirms and literally do negative damage currently, so I really am curious as to how this actually functions.
This actually isn't a fair clip. It was created for views and shouldn't be taken seriously!

Allow me to explain:

The guy in "Greens" isn't actually in full-green gear. He has 3 Azerite pieces on at iLvL 375. This alone doesn't do the damage, however he is stacking x3 the Azerite trait:

Sharpened Blades: Your Autoattacks increase the damage of your next Shuriken Toss or Poisoned Knife by 459, stacking up to 30 times.

with x3 Azerite traits this is 459damage x 3azerite traits x 30stacks = 41,310 additional damage (Non-Crit)

Poisoned Knife does damaged based on attack power (which I don't know what his was at the time), and benefits from Toxic Blades: Which increases damage from poison attacks by 30%.

Further, Vendetta was also applied which increases damage AGAIN by another 30%

459 stacking 30 times x 3 for each azerite piece x60% damage increase = 66,096 damage without crit, or attack power from poisoned knife.

Add to that, the crit which I beleive is 1.5x in PvP = 99,144 again without attack power calculated. I'm assuming that because Cdew's character had far more HP it scaled the damage up by a few percentage points to hit the 123k damage shot he saw. A dude in full epics would no doubt hit the same number if not more.

This is just another (World of Roguecraft video about the old Eviscerate where it just did flat damage and didn't care about weapon damage, or other stats)

Basically what I'm saying is that, This dude already had 30 stacks of Sharpened blades, then popped every damage multiplier in the book to do this one shot cheese damage.

(This was a staged fight, for views, and doesn't really show that greens is better than full Epics, because they're not)
This actually isn't a fair clip. It was created for views and shouldn't be taken seriously!

Allow me to explain:

The guy in "Greens" isn't actually in full-green gear. He has 3 Azerite pieces on at iLvL 375. This alone doesn't do the damage, however he is stacking x3 the Azerite trait:

Sharpened Blades: Your Autoattacks increase the damage of your next Shuriken Toss or Poisoned Knife by 459, stacking up to 30 times.

with x3 Azerite traits this is 459damage x 3azerite traits x 30stacks = 41,310 additional damage (Non-Crit)

Poisoned Knife does damaged based on attack power (which I don't know what his was at the time), and benefits from Toxic Blades: Which increases damage from poison attacks by 30%.

459 stacking 30 times x 3 for each azerite piece x60% damage increase = 66,096 damage without crit, or attack power from poisoned knife.

Add to that, the crit which I beleive is 1.5x in PvP = 99,144 again without attack power calculated. I'm assuming that because Cdew's character had far more HP it scaled the damage up by a few percentage points to hit the 125k damage shot he saw. A dude in full epics would no doubt hit the same number if not more.

This is just another (World of Roguecraft video about the old Eviscerate where it just did flat damage and didn't care about weapon damage, or other stats)

Basically what I'm saying is that, This dude already had 30 stacks of Sharpened blades, then popped every damage multiplier in the book to do this one shot cheese damage.

(This was a staged fight, for views, and doesn't really show that greens is better than full Epics, because they're not)

Exactly, this is using the stupid Azerite traits to their full potential. It's not scaling or gearing that's the issue here, it's simply a stack of gimmicky traits that we've seen from most classes this (crap) expansion.

I feel like some people simply lack reading comprehension skills because it's pretty obvious how this happens from simply reading the tooltip.
It should be noted that in 8.1 azerite traits will scale with your item level instead of w/e system they are using now.
11/07/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Alkhan
It should be noted that in 8.1 azerite traits will scale with your item level instead of w/e system they are using now.

Right now they scale specifically with the piece of gear they're on, rather than your overall ilevel. I kind of like the current system, but I can see why they'd change it. Just makes ilevel matter even more imo.
11/07/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Harsh

Allow me to explain:

Add to that, the crit which I beleive is 1.5x in PvP = 99,144 again without attack power calculated. I'm assuming that because Cdew's character had far more HP it scaled the damage up by a few percentage points to hit the 123k damage shot he saw. A dude in full epics would no doubt hit the same number if not more.

This is the full video:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/332641972

Testing happens around the 3 hour mark.

Trill used both a full ~370 set (this is TR) and greens.

The ability crit ~100k in full 370 gear+375 azerite pieces and ~120k in greens with 375 azerite and 1 370 trinket/1 370 mh weapon, greens/lowilevel blues in every other slot.

That's a ~20% damage difference with no other factors involved. Which is more than a few percentage points and does seem to suggest green gear does in fact matter greatly, at least when it comes to trait scaling like this and death throes and other similar ability modifiers.

As for the viability, it seems pretty viable to normally use for me. Just envenom and rupture as normal until the sharpened blades stack and then go. It hits plenty hard without vendetta and toxic blades is up every kidney. Absolutely perfect to abuse for setup comps like....most viable assassination rogue comps.
11/07/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Innvérse

This is the full video:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/332641972

2 hrs 59m in
No one was allowed to wear greens during tournament at blizzcon

If they didn't matter why did blizz ban them?

Allow me to explain:

Trill pulled his Item level specifically to 300 while still wearing 370 azerite gear because of how the traits scale, if you watch the full video the poisoned knife crits for about 100k while he has full 370 gear on, when he swaps to the lower item level gear (300 avg ilvl) the poison knife crits for 123k

Also if what everyone is saying about "green gear" is false then why would blizzard ban its use in the tournament?

Except they did it again just after in full epics and only crit for 100k with the same setup.

Everyone watching knows how sharpened blades, vendetta, toxic blade, and damage modifiers work.

There's no view exploit. It's just an example to show that green gear does affect the game because of scaling.
"If they didn't matter why did blizz ban them"??

Wait. For real they banned greens? Can you link that please?

I just hate scaling. Honeslty !@#$ it, let gear matter. The people who are good or great will climb and get geared. %^-*ty people will get wrecked. Sounds fine to me. Better then this !@#$ scaling where the damage i do isnt correct at all.
11/07/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Vãrick
Except they did it again just after in full epics and only crit for 100k with the same setup.

Not disagreeing by any means (this cheesy trick has been talked about for at least a month now), but I don't see how people are so completely convinced after only seeing 1 burst in greens and 1 in 370 gear. I'd need a little more evidence than that before jumping on any bandwagons. He could've only hit 100k in 370 gear because his trinkets, etc were still on cd from the previous burst? Or just, you know, RNG?

People are so quick to jump to conclusions. If you guys do turn out to be right, it will be because of coincidence, not problem solving or proving anything.