Azerite Gearing Switching Specs

General Discussion
Maybe I missed it - I hope I did - but was there any talk about spec-specific Azerite traits automatically switching when you change specs? For some reason this sounds like a QoL improvement I read about but am not entirely sure.

I'm bouncing back and forth between Beast Mastery and Survival and find it stupidly annoying that I have to always pay to switch the traits on all my gear. If I pick a "spec-specific" trait, it should purely be determined by my spec.
Last thing that was said about it was that it was working as intended and Blizzard specifically does not want Azerite gear to work this way. In fact Lore even said that if the increasing cost of reforging wasn't enough of a deterrent they would go further and make it even more of a hassle to reforge.

I don't think anything was said about it at all at Blizzcon.
11/07/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Atroxx
Last thing that was said about it was that it was working as intended and Blizzard specifically does not want Azerite gear to work this way. In fact Lore even said that if the increasing cost of reforging wasn't enough of a deterrent they would go further and make it even more of a hassle to reforge.

This sounds like a needlessly tedious way to go about doing it. I don't get the logic behind having it work that way.
11/07/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Mccrowley
This sounds like a needlessly tedious way to go about doing it. I don't get the logic behind having it work that way.

I don't know what game their playing at. It's like they don't know how to improve the game to make it more fun so their just trying to recreate QoL issues so that they can be the ones to "fix" them and receive the praise that better Dev teams received when they gave us those QoL changes in the first place.

It's like
QoL change that made it so we didn't have to run back to town to pay gold and respec OR QoL change that said you don't need to carry 3 sets of gear anymore.

Ok, pick which of those QoL changes you want to keep.

And eventually they can, what be our saviors by eventually fixing the QoL issues they intentionally created? Or do they just hate the praise older dev teams receive and are trying to take away all of the QoL perks we received from those teams out of jealousy? Like I don't get their goal. Most don't like azerite as it is, what gain do they have by making it a pain in the !@#$ to deal with on top of being boring af?

Whatever the reason, it doesn't make the game more fun or interesting. It just takes a boring system that and makes it annoying to boot. I can't tank for raids because theirs no spots and WQ are faster as DPS, so If they want to punish me for switching to tank to do dungeons I'll just stop tanking in WoW.
11/07/2018 07:29 AMPosted by Mccrowley
I'm bouncing back and forth between Beast Mastery and Survival and find it stupidly annoying that I have to always pay to switch the traits on all my gear. If I pick a "spec-specific" trait, it should purely be determined by my spec.

Ask yourself this - why are you so focused on those pieces of gear?

You're swapping your mainhand weapon. If you're optimizing for stats you're likely swapping out trinkets, rings, perhaps even every other piece.

But apparently keeping different Azerite pieces is "stupidly annoying." Go figure.

Good thing I play a class with one role, making it harder to go from dps to tank / heal is def not going to keep players from dabbling in those roles.
The question really is how meaningful of a choice is your spec?

They've removed a lot of barriers to spec changing over the years, with the absolute biggest change being primary stat changing with armor and the same 4 secondary stats used for all roles.

Should someone who focuses 1 spec have any advantage on someone playing all 3?

Should there be additional effort required if someone wants to play all 3 optimally and what should it take?

These are the discussions that really drive the azerite respec cost.
Tier bonuses changed spec automatically and that worked fine for a decade. If Blizz wants to drop tier that's fine, but don't handcuff us when doing so.
11/07/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Mvura

You're swapping your mainhand weapon. If you're optimizing for stats you're likely swapping out trinkets, rings, perhaps even every other piece.

But apparently keeping different Azerite pieces is "stupidly annoying." Go figure.

You know,some classes have different specs like tank and heals that use completely different traits for good reason.
11/07/2018 10:44 AMPosted by Argorwal
The question really is how meaningful of a choice is your spec?

They've removed a lot of barriers to spec changing over the years, with the absolute biggest change being primary stat changing with armor and the same 4 secondary stats used for all roles.

Should someone who focuses 1 spec have any advantage on someone playing all 3?

Should there be additional effort required if someone wants to play all 3 optimally and what should it take?

These are the discussions that really drive the azerite respec cost.

Shouldn't someone making the effort to keep up multiple specs to help their groups get something for the effort? Why would someone who only ever plays one spec,no matter how much their group needs a different one,be better off than someone gearing and learning 2 or 3 or even 4 specs for the good of the group?
11/07/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Mvura

This

Intentionally makings things unpleasant for players - brilliant decision in the first place.

Doubling down to make those things more irritating - fantastic direction to go!