How is Saurfang honorable?

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
If Saurfang has honor why did he defect to the allies?
Honor verb "fulfill (an obligation) or keep (an agreement)."
Traitor noun "a person who betrays a friend, country, and principle"
Honor noun "high respect; esteem."
So Saurfang as a warrior with his "honor" decided to give up his will to fight and give up then to become a traitor and people think hes a good person and should be the next warchief? And that is ok?
He's not.
11/08/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Artanu
He's not.

Almost as if they hinted at that in a recent cinematic.. what was it called again...

Oh shucks, i've lost it.
he isn't, because crying in a jail cell hoping that your enemy beats up your faction leader instead of taking action yourself is not honourable.
Because he didn’t defect. He attempted to hold off the Alliance army on his own. Anduin took him prisoner despite Saurfang asking for death. And then he left the prison when Anduin left open the door.

The real traitor is the woman who changed the definition of the Horde, decided to forsake almost every other race except for her precious meat shields, decided to start a war the Horde wasn’t ready for because she needed more bodies to raise for her “totally not mentally conditioned army”, and actively seeks world domination.

Saurfang is the embodiment of the real Horde playerbase: exhausted of the constant bad writing the Horde has to put up with to fulfill the fantasy of some edgelords getting their evil kicks, but being forced to do something about it because otherwise why bother playing the game. I think he’s perfect for those of us tired of this ridiculous situation.
One who has no honor will never understand it.
He isn't.

Blizzard is just doing the thing that's become popular in games involving choice these days. Instead of the choices being appealing in different ways, they take the lazy route and make both choices unappealing.
11/08/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Swiftraven
he isn't, because crying in a jail cell hoping that your enemy beats up your faction leader instead of taking action yourself is not honourable.

What can he do when he's only got a single random troll in his side?

Vol'jin could make up a revolution with minimal (at best) help from the Alliance because Garrosh was stupid enough to alienate non-Orc races in public.

Saurfang cannot exploit a similar flaw in Sylvanas. We only know she's toxic to the Horde because of her thoughts.
11/08/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Rhuor
He attempted to hold off the Alliance army on his own.

dude was literally trying to kill himself lmao
11/08/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Atarael
11/08/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Artanu
He's not.

Almost as if they hinted at that in a recent cinematic.. what was it called again...

Oh shucks, i've lost it.

i think they call that a traitor lol or i could have read the definition wrong.
11/08/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Swiftraven

Buddy sucks right?

I mean, should be more like Sylvanas, she actually did kill herself.
You know, I see all this !@#$%ing about Saurfang's questionable 'honor', but I don't see many talking about how that crazy banshee is basically just doing whatever the hell it is she pleases for whatever the hell it is she sees as 'reason'. But you know, carry on my wayward sons.
Honour often demands that of ourselves that which sometimes we are unwilling to give, honour demands that we obey that which we see is right, other than that is asked of us.

Nothing I have done since turning against the goa'uld will make up for the atrocities I once committed in their name. Somewhere deep inside you you knew it was wrong, a voice you did not recognize screamed for you to stop. You saw no way out, it was the way things were, they could not be changed. You're trying to convince yourself the people you're hurting deserved it. You became numb to their pain and suffering, you learned to shut out the voice speaking against it.

It is simple. You will never forgive yourself. Accept it. You hurt others, many others, that cannot be undone. You will never find personal retribution, but your life does not have to end. That which is right, just and true can still prevail. If you do not fight for what you believe in all may be lost for everyone else. But do not fight for yourself, fight for others, others that may be saved through your effort. That is the least you can do.

- T'ealc, once First Prime of Apophis.
11/08/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Swiftraven

Yeah. Shame, guess he’d rather fight to the death and take some enemies with him than fling himself off of a tower because his story arc was over. Definitely the worst option.
Saurfang is a Traitor, and Sylvanas is insane.

So our Warchief list is narrowed down to: Baine, Thrall, and Vol'jin (He's not dead).
Because he didn’t defect. He attempted to hold off the Alliance army on his own. Anduin took him prisoner despite Saurfang asking for death. And then he left the prison when Anduin left open the door.

The real traitor is the woman who changed the definition of the Horde, decided to forsake almost every other race except for her precious meat shields, decided to start a war the Horde wasn’t ready for because she needed more bodies to raise for her “totally not mentally conditioned army”, and actively seeks world domination.

Saurfang is the embodiment of the real Horde playerbase: exhausted of the constant bad writing the Horde has to put up with to fulfill the fantasy of some edgelords getting their evil kicks, but being forced to do something about it because otherwise why bother playing the game. I think he’s perfect for those of us tired of this ridiculous situation.

He could flee with the Horde party that rescued Talanji, but he didn't. Explain why? I smell traitor AND coward.
The definition of honour varies from race to race and person to person.

Generally it's seen as doing something for the greater good even if it goes against something you find important.

This "something important" could be an idea or an authority figure.

Nazgrim dying for his Warchief despite him knowing his Warchief was on the wrong path could be seen as honorable.

Saurfang doing what he things is right and trying to reduce civilian casualties against his Warchiefs wishes can also be seen as honorable.
11/08/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Saittina

He could flee with the Horde party that rescued Talanji, but he didn't. Explain why? I smell traitor AND coward.

Because he’s loyal to the original Horde, not the Scourge. And returning to the Scourge was more than likely going to get him killed and raised to be a mindless zombie because, as we know, any form of free will or dissension from Sylvanas is met with a Dark Ranger arrow in the back.

He couldn’t return to his family without a way to pluck out the cancer currently killing it. I hope whatever he has planned will get him his family back.

first the horde was never a righteous faction maybe orcs and some of the other races of the horde have values like honor, loyalty and morals. But they are not running to die or banned together like Vul'jin did when Garrosh discriminated all the other races.
Second Sylvanas is using the tools she has as a leader like the player/heroes of the horde, to win the war. i see every races of the horde in the ranks of the army,

Baine even left Saurfang to die because as he himself as warrior saw Saurfang give up his will to fight and chose to die! If he had any honor or loyalty he would have challenged her to a dual with honor!
Aehl you are wrong look at the definition of Honor and traitor at that or read my 1st post its all there those are facts