Please No Mobile WoW Blizz

General Discussion
Some friends and other people have been talking about what devs said in a interview about alot of the best devs are working on new mobile games...I'm not happy with this the only thing i can really ask is that please do not do a WoW mobile bs i beg of you blizz.If they do like a different version of a RTS Warcraft game thats fine alot of people would prolly play it but alot of people are very very worried about the future of WoW and blizz just the mobile market future of blizz in general.
11/08/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Mckâde
the only thing i can really ask is that please do not do a WoW mobile bs i beg of you blizz.

Isn't WoW like 50GB now? I sincerely doubt that most people could fit that on their mobile devices.
11/08/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Mckâde
alot of the best devs are working on new mobile games...

Am I the only one who immediately took this phrase from Blizz as an assuring form of sarcasm? It reminded me of Homer Simpson saying "I'm on my way" or "Just gotta put my shoes on" while sitting home in his underwear not at all ready to go
True Eyes but you never know what they will come up with next now
I would play. I was very impressed with Order & Chaos when I played back in 2012. It reminded me of WoW, and proved that you could play similar games on a tablet.
Some things can go on mobile and be pretty nice they already have the mission table on mobile and it's pretty useful
I personally wouldn't mind something similar to the Legion phone application. That was actually nice. And these talks of mobile pet battling seem interesting. Anything beyond that I would strongly disagree with.
I can't imagine loading dalaran on a phone. It's so poorly coded that it lags to this day even when its empty now.
11/09/2018 03:16 AMPosted by Flommincy
I can't imagine loading dalaran on a phone. It's so poorly coded that it lags to this day even when its empty now.

Preach.

Imagine running a +10 Shrine of the Storm key on a cell phone device.
11/09/2018 03:18 AMPosted by Awkaran
11/09/2018 03:16 AMPosted by Flommincy

Preach.

Imagine running a +10 Shrine of the Storm key on a cell phone device.

Rofl right geeze haha i think they should do a pet battle app people would def use it gives them a way to level pets when not able to play on pc
I would love to be able to play wow on my phone just as long as it was well done and no stupid/boring.

Dont understand aversion to mobile gaming.

It could even be somesort of aux. game not directly tied that has rewards in game, such as AP for our heart, gold, rep, etc
I would expect nothing less than some form of WoW eventually being ported onto the mobile platform. Why? Activision bought out King (Candy Crush makers), what, 2 years ago? They're just now getting to a point were things are lining up in their favor to make the jump for one class A title. A little late to the game, yes, but they're going to be in it because that's where the money is going to migrate. Surely you didn't think all of that consolidation and homogenization dealt to WoW over the past 3 expansions was just to piss us off?
What if they removed all table games from the game and put them into a mobile game that also had an additional aspect similar to pet battles or hearthstone that you played 1v1 or 3v3 against other people?
My understanding was that Hearthstone is WoW's mobile game that happens to also be available on PC.
Did we like the mobile app?

I theoretically did, but it didn't do enough stuff for me. Somehow I want to be able to do like the daily profession stuff, etc.

I guess the fundamental question here.. is if we want things people did on wow mobile to affect 'live wow'. We kind of don't for classic realms, so..
11/11/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Righteous
I would expect nothing less than some form of WoW eventually being ported onto the mobile platform. Why? Activision bought out King (Candy Crush makers), what, 2 years ago? They're just now getting to a point were things are lining up in their favor to make the jump for one class A title. A little late to the game, yes, but they're going to be in it because that's where the money is going to migrate. Surely you didn't think all of that consolidation and homogenization dealt to WoW over the past 3 expansions was just to piss us off?

There are zero class A titles in Activision Blizzard's portfolio leaving the PC/Console market and jumping to mobile.

There are zero class A titles that have or are in the works (as far as we know) making the jump to cross platform play with mobile.
11/11/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Akston
There are zero class A titles in Activision Blizzard's portfolio leaving the PC/Console market and jumping to mobile.

So, Diablo, the name, isn't considered a class A title?
And no, it's not jumping as an exact port, but no others have either.
The tech isn't there...yet.
11/11/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Righteous
So, Diablo, the name, isn't considered a class A title?
And no, it's not jumping as an exact port, but no others have either.
The tech isn't there...yet.

Diablo Immortal isn't replacing Diablo 4. They're still going to eventually release Diablo 4 for the PC. So Diablo isn't leaving the PC market. They're releasing something on the mobile market in addition to continuing the PC market.
11/11/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Rankin
Diablo Immortal isn't replacing Diablo 4. They're still going to eventually release Diablo 4 for the PC. So Diablo isn't leaving the PC market. They're releasing something on the mobile market in addition to continuing the PC market.

Yeah, well, all rather obvious don't you think?
I never said that Activision was abandoning the PC market, just that a title, in this case a Diablo title, was where they were jumping into the mobile platform arena.

edit - with a Blizzard game named for one of it's hallmark PC titles, WoW, Diablo, Starcraft.