Loot trading Whisper: Psst Hey

General Discussion
You need that?
Can I have that?
Is that and upgrade for you?

Heck even in /I chat "anyone got anything they don't want?"

Please make it stop...Why is it ok for players to beg players for something that the rng gods didn't want them to have?

Loot trading is whatever but it should be 100% GUILD group only.

I think this would help the community.

Your thoughts GD?
Nah nothing wrong with being nice. Just ignore people if you don't care.
I don't mind when people whisper me about loot. If there are too many of them doing it, I just don't reply if I don't want to or cannot trade it.

If the item's tradeable and I don't want it, I link it in chat and ask for rolls, or sometimes give it to the first person who opens trade after I mention that I don't need it.

I've never found it to be that much of a bother, although I can see where others might find it irritating.
I've had people ask me for gear drops on way more than one occasion. It's...not really a big deal. If I don't want it or need it? Sure, open trade. If I'm not willing to give what I have up? That's the end of it. If someone persists they will be met with silence.
Eeerm, I really never have an issue with it, I usually proactively offer anything that I get that I don't need to the group as soon as possible and have people roll for it. With the system being personal loot I feel bad for folks having a bad string of luck. For example, me getting bracers I don't need out of my mythic cache for weeks in a row lol.
/dnd no you can't have my loot
If something doesn't benefit you in any way stat-wise, and you don't need the xmog, I think you should give it to someone who needs it.

Likewise, the person asking should be respectful and not expect anything, and congratulate the recipient if it is actually an upgrade for them.

In my experience, I've gotten major upgrades from following this mindset, and have given aware plenty of loot that were upgrades for others.
Increasingly I'm telling people "I only trade/give loot at the end"

Then, they can have it they want, but they have to do the whole run.

.. and if that's not acceptable to them, oh well. It's my loot anyway.
I always offer to trade a piece that I don't need, but people who start asking for it before I can finish typing my three word question are excluded from consideration.
Turn your chat off. This is a YOU problem.
11/09/2018 02:56 PMPosted by Yellowbus
You need that?
Can I have that?
Is that and upgrade for you?

Heck even in /I chat "anyone got anything they don't want?"

Please make it stop...Why is it ok for players to beg players for something that the rng gods didn't want them to have?

Loot trading is whatever but it should be 100% GUILD group only.

I think this would help the community.

Your thoughts GD?

Don't loot the bosses in LFR.

Your loot will await you in the mailbox.

Problem Solved.
Or grow a pair and say no or just ignore them (I don't mean the ignore function, I mean literally ignore it)
Unless these whispers are from an old god or are somehow causing you physical harm, I think the problem is that you want to play a single player RPG.
11/09/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Alyreu
I always offer to trade a piece that I don't need, but people who start asking for it before I can finish typing my three word question are excluded from consideration.

I see a lot of people just do "Roll for [Item Thing]"

Then you see like five rolls, plus "uh hey, dh's can't roll on cloth.."
Well part of the reason I play an MMO is becaue i'm not bothered by interacting with other people. I can see why the "LFR crowd" must hate it when people talk to them though.
11/09/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Rastlin
Your loot will await you in the mailbox.

Except on MOTHER or any other item looted from a container rather than a corpse.

Maybe just ignore it, or use /DND or any of the other potential fixes that doesn't involve hiding your loot from the group to avoid a social interaction.
11/09/2018 02:56 PMPosted by Yellowbus
Why is it ok for players to beg players for something that the rng gods didn't want them to have?

Why is it ok to consider that people asking for help in the way of unwanted gear is "begging"?

You might want to open yourself up a bit more the idea of common courtesy and generosity. It doesn't hurt you and it may help someone, and kindness is never wrong.
Shard it right in front of them.

Or open trade, put it in to be traded, don’t hit on, then go make a snack.

F-ing hate beggars.
I don't mind trading away things I don't need, but if you:

- Open a trade window before I reply you
- Open a trade window before even asking
- Insult me if I don't answer you immediately

By rule I don't answer for about a minute to see who else wants the piece and then to give it to the person that needs it the most, if you are so friggin impatient that you can't wait a whole minute before doing any of the three listed things, then you just said good-bye to your item.

If you keep asking for the item after I told you ''No'', it's a one-way trip to the ignore list.
11/09/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Arthurious
Shard it right in front of them.

Or open trade, put it in to be traded, don’t hit on, then go make a snack.

F-ing hate beggars.

My general rule is it's fine to ask, but if I say no and you keep asking then IT'S HELL NO NOT EVER.