General Discussion
what else do you enjoy whining about?
Just say no
11/09/2018 02:56 PMPosted by Yellowbus
You need that?
Can I have that?
Is that and upgrade for you?

Heck even in /I chat "anyone got anything they don't want?"

Please make it stop...Why is it ok for players to beg players for something that the rng gods didn't want them to have?

Loot trading is whatever but it should be 100% GUILD group only.

I think this would help the community.

Your thoughts GD?

Just do the following: /dnd all items I get will be scrapped. I will not be trading anything I receive, even if it isn't an upgrade for me.

Now when they whisper you, they get an auto message. Usually when I do this, they either get it or spew toxicity, which I then report them for.
There are three issues that oppose one another here:
1. Players who legitimately need the gear but can't get it because RNG is retarded.

2. Players who don't actually need the gear but are greedy enough to beg for it every time.

3. Players who don't need the gear but have won it, and as a result feel like they should keep it.

Tbh I don't know if category 2 or 3 is worse. I hope neither gets what they want because both are absolutely asinine behaviors. If you don't need the item then it should at least be offered to someone else, unless there's nobody who could benefit from it. You don't need the gold/shards/scraps that badly.

Then again, if you don't need the items but you're begging, you're legitimizing people who are too greedy to share and being a fully toxic part of the community. Let's avoid turning this into a scamming game.

For the record I only ask for gear when its offered and only when I need it. I've never gone and whispered the winner.
You need that?
Can I have that?

Please make it stop...Why is it ok for players to beg players for something that the rng gods didn't want them to have?

Your thoughts GD?

There is a clear difference between begging and asking nicely. And I do not see anything wrong with someone asking if they need a piece of gear. Now if they are going to continuously ask you, than simply put them on ignore and move on your merry way.

Don't see the issue..
11/09/2018 02:58 PMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes
I don't mind when people whisper me about loot. If there are too many of them doing it, I just don't reply if I don't want to or cannot trade it.

If the item's tradeable and I don't want it, I link it in chat and ask for rolls, or sometimes give it to the first person who opens trade after I mention that I don't need it.

I've never found it to be that much of a bother, although I can see where others might find it irritating.

Agreed. Also, i don’t want to limit social interaction: good, bad(well, maybe bad), or indifferent because that’s all part of the MMO experience to me.
11/09/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Sesamee
11/09/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Klowdywilde

Idk, I've been in a few groups with automated begging. I stopped to look at what gear the boss dropped to see if I wanted to do a second roll, so I stood at the boss for a bit. As soon as I looted the boss, I mean a second after I looted it, before I could even see what I had gotten, I got a whisper asking if I didn't need the item if they could have it. I don't mind helping people out, but I am annoyed with lazy begging for sure. If you can't be bothered to do it yourself, you get nothing.

Lazy begging?? They were in the raid and downed the boss just like you did. You just got lucky with the rng and they didn't.

The point was they were using an addon to automatically ask anyone that gets loot they can use if they can have the item. I wasn't implying someone was leaching. If someone wants an upgrade, the least they could do is ask as a human, and not a program. I have no problem giving away gear I don't need.
There's nothing wrong with that. It could potentially get them through that content faster.

It's only an issue if they bug or demand you to give the gear.
11/09/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Xukon
Nah nothing wrong with being nice. Just ignore people if you don't care.

My biggest problem is more often than not the people asking aren't nice about it. Most are just 'gimme that, I need it'. That or they use an addon to detect it and have the addon whisper me. It is annoying spam no different than the guild invite spam.
My favorite experience so far:

Guy: You need?
Me: ...
Guy: Need that?
Guy: I'd really appreciate it if you gave it to me
Guy: I guess that's a no?
Guy: FFS! *leaves instance*
11/09/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Mahomie

I can see why the "LFR crowd" must hate it when people talk to them though.

Had me laughing because it's true
If it isn't an up for me I'm trading with whoever needs it. Why would I even want to hold on to something useless if it helps someone else in progression?
People that have asked me are normally nice about it, so I have never had a problem. Your loot, your choice. On a side note, I have found over the years that by the time I get something I wanted in wow it is often already to late to be useful.

Maybe how to obtain the loot is more of the problem.
I dunno-- Easiest way to handle this is to turn whispers off before you go in. Then you get zero whispers from anyone in the group.

I have mine turned off. At the end, after I've had time to look everything over, if there is something I can give up, I link it in /I. Ask who needs it.
You need that?
Can I have that?

Your thoughts GD?

You typed examples of asking, not begging. You're selfish and antisocial, not a very good person and I'm glad that I don't have to play with you.

It's your prerogative though, if you want to be an antisocial jerk go ahead. They've enabled that for you.