BFA is the expansion we asked for.

General Discussion
Edit: “VOCAL COMMUNITY” is any wow forums user, /WOW REDDIT, or any other major gaming forum.

Basically BFA is what the vocal community asked for, Legion was really onto something and had a ton of replay value.

1. They removed rng Legendarys because we the community can’t have people get bis gear if they are not doing the hardest content or the people doing the hardest content don’t want to be gated by rng legedarys that require you to do all content.

2. Artifact weapons believe it or not where not liked at all by the vocal community because we can’t have everyone have a bis weapon and being able to upgrade it past the worthy players. People also hated the fact a casual could have such a cool weapon.

3. Titanforging was removed from weapons and Azerite gear and proc rate was nerfed. Because we can’t have a casual player have a chance at getting a piece of gear better than the elite players.

4. Mythic plus difficulty increased because it was too easy for casuals to get gear equal to the top players. And the mdi as an esport.

5. LFR difficulty increased to a point it’s not even worth suffering through more than once because casuals need to work for it.

6. People wanted more pvp and we got it with warmode and surprise people migrate to winning faction so now warmode is definately off for casuals.

7. Transmog- all the cool transmog once again is only availble to elite players from mythic raid to a point we can’t even clear mythic raids from the last expansion in a full pug group.

8. I could go on and yes I know I missed some things and there is some decent rng transmogs availble to casuals in warfront and island expeditions.

So pretty much once again the endgame only has content for the elite players who pretty much don’t pay a dime to play wow as they sell carry runs for gold and then log out till content update.

This is what we wanted people and we got it.
Basically BFA is what the vocal community asked for.

Lol
Oh really? I don't remember asking for an unfinished, buggy, timegated pile of toxic waste. But ok.
11/11/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Smadinker
Lol
11/11/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Cindariel
I don't remember asking for an unfinished, buggy, timegated pile of toxic waste. But ok.

he talks about the vocal community.
11/11/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Anaminus
he talks about the vocal community.

Last vocal community I was in did a couple of amazing performances of Rachmaninoff's Vespers.
not really. They did remove things people didn't like, but then twisted them to make it still something people didn't like.

People complained about having to grind for Artifact power, because it locked you into one spec of one character. But people praised the artifact skins and the elaborate conditions to unlock them. What did Blizzard do? Remove the artifact skins and keep the AP grind.

People also complained that sets were annoying for Mythic+ players because they felt forced to raid for bonuses. But people have always loved class specific looks. What did Blizzard do? Remove class specific looks, but keep Azerite bonuses tied to raids.

People hated, and I do mean HATED, the legendary drop system; and everyone suggested a system where you could simply buy them off with tokens in addition to the RNG drops. However, everyone loved how legendaries were essentially another row of talents. What did Blizzard do? Well, they did do what players asked for at the very end of Legion, then they were just like '!@#$ it, it's not worth it.'

So, really, they might be listening but they do exactly what people do NOT want.
11/11/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Smadinker

Lol
It is true that many of the systems in BFA especially Azerite gear was a direct response to complaints about Legendaries and the Artifact weapon in Legion.
This is obviously an employee of blizzard.

When i worked for a crappy restaurant a few years ago our owner made us all go on and leave phantom yelp reviews just to make the place look better when in all actuality It was a complete dumpster fire. Just like bfa is.

Nice try blizzard, nice try.
We never really have a unified voice.

So it's bogus when people say "Blizzard isn't doing what we want", because we don't really agree on everything.

.. but it's also bogus when people say "Blizzard is just giving us what we want", also because we don't really agree on everything.
Who is this "we"? From your list I'd say that the things you thought they were hearing and responding to were only even being said by the vocal elitist minority.

The points you make are probably just Ion's opinions that you happen to share with him. This is the expansion that he created for himself, since his playstyle has always been logging in to raid and not doing much else in the game.
11/11/2018 09:31 AMPosted by Oakshoes
People also hated the fact a casual could have such a cool weapon

I recall that the most strident objections were about the silliness of there being a million guys running around all having the same weapon, period. It was the lack of even the illusion of being able to personalize one's character beyond reskins.

As far as the entire post goes, I think ultimately you are arguing that all end game content should be available to all players.

I can't agree. I'm strictly casual when it comes to end game stuff myself, and I've got no problem with there being content I can't experience and rewards I can't obtain unless I devote more hours to the game.

A game where everyone can get everything without any serious dedication or effort would create a very boring in-game world, but I acknowledge I'm kind of a weirdo about this stuff.
many many things vocal people complained about over the years is indeed why certain things got changed and added.

i wish they just made the game. maybe take some constructive thought out complaints. but no matter what they do people will complain. even the exact people who wanted the changes.

So please just make a fun awesome game.
1. They removed rng Legendarys because we the community can’t have people get bis gear if they are not doing the hardest content or the people doing the hardest content don’t want to be gated by rng legedarys that require you to do all content.

Wtf ? Mists and Warlords you were able to get BIS Legendaries without having to do anything harder then Heroic dungeons and LFR to get them and with Warlords you only had to do normal raids for upgrades.

2. Artifact weapons believe it or not where not liked at all by the vocal community because we can’t have everyone have a bis weapon and being able to upgrade it past the worthy players. People also hated the fact a casual could have such a cool weapon.

People disliked the constant grinding of ap to open and upgrade abilities that used to be baseline in the past even if they were passives. Also people enjoyed the challenge of getting that next cool weapon. The artifact weapon was ,gere you go this is all you get .
Legion was just too good to continue. People gained appreciable pwers from their artifact weapons, were clearing content faster and not increasing the time played per character metric.
I liked Legion
I don't like BfA
The community asked for High Elves and got Void Elves.

OP: Debunked.
The problem is, those who are happy don't come to the forums because they don't really need to. Neither do the people who aren't fully happy but don't feel like wasting the energy to complain. Nor the people who weren't happy that just unsubbed. That leaves those that are unhappy who spend their whole day crying on here that they want things easier, faster, etc. This continues expansion after expansion. What does that leave us with? Progressively crappier expansions that have gone from somewhat solid floaters to full on explosive liquid diarrhea with a bit of vomit. Which now people are finally realizing that the game the VOCAL community asked for is an RNG, daily chore, cancer forming nightmare. The problem is it's pretty much too late. /Prayers for classic.
11/11/2018 09:46 AMPosted by Wÿvern
not really. They did remove things people didn't like, but then twisted them to make it still something people didn't like.

People complained about having to grind for Artifact power, because it locked you into one spec of one character. But people praised the artifact skins and the elaborate conditions to unlock them. What did Blizzard do? Remove the artifact skins and keep the AP grind.

Actually, they made it easier to get AP, so the people “forced” to grind to do high end content (funny how he hardcore complain about having to work for their Acheievements) could max their stuff.

Then those same people complained about having nothing to do, so they added Concordance, which immediately crippled the Artifact Weapon system. And the new system is just that one all over again. All for the vocal elites.

People also complained that sets were annoying for Mythic+ players because they felt forced to raid for bonuses. But people have always loved class specific looks. What did Blizzard do? Remove class specific looks, but keep Azerite bonuses tied to raids.

No, most of the bonuses you can get in either content. They’re just all on a weekly lockout (raid or Mythic 0).

They removed sets. Exactly how the whining elite wanted it.

11/11/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Mëdicinal
The problem is, those who are happy don't come to the forums because they don't really need to. Neither do the people who aren't fully happy but don't feel like wasting the energy to complain. Nor the people who weren't happy that just unsubbed. That leaves those that are unhappy who spend their whole day crying on here that they want things easier, faster, etc. This continues expansion after expansion. What does that leave us with? Progressively crappier expansions that have gone from somewhat solid floaters to full on explosive liquid diarrhea with a bit of vomit. Which now people are finally realizing that the game the VOCAL community asked for is an RNG, daily chore, cancer forming nightmare. The problem is it's pretty much too late. /Prayers for classic.

Well, specific crowds of the vocal groups. The ones who do exactly the same sort of content Ion likes.

But good devs should be able to understand the difference in feedback and engagement from players and activity.