Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer (Revisit)

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 24 Next
11/12/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Joyeuse
11/12/2018 06:15 PMPosted by Romanna
There is every reason to believe it could be done. People who want High Elves as a Playable race need to come up with why it should be done.
Are you joking right now? The biggest thread on GD is people discussing why High Elves "should" be playable while providing overwhelming support for how and why it could happen beyond all of the High Elf stuff Blizzard is constantly adding to the game themselves.

Lol are you kidding Joyeuse? I know you're bordering on deluded but that thread is an echo chamber from the same people of:

"I want"
"I support!"
"Alliance legacy race!"
"Ion should be fired!"

Overwhelming support? It's the same people repeatedly posting the same ideas.

Pleae take the advice of crowley and get over it.
11/11/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Kallistus
<span class="truncated">...</span>https://wow.gamepedia.com/Allerian_Stronghold

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Silver_Covenant

And those are just the two easiest examples. GG. /Thread

Those are examples of traitors working with Dalaran, and refugees on a different planet. Neither are representative of the high elves as a people being part of the current alliance.

If Bob the human and his friends decide to work with the horde it doesn’t make humans the allies of the horde.

Are you high?

Do you even play the same game as us?
11/12/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Lydon
11/12/2018 08:33 PMPosted by Mortex
It's an RPG, every race should be playable. Only legitimate reason not to are technical reasons.

As an artist I appreciate their need to maintain a semblence of instantly recognizable faction identity; but they've already undone that by giving the iconic blood elf silhouette to the Alliance, undermining said point.

Alliance should be able to be traitor elves of the Silver Covenant variety of they so choose.

Blizzard just hates fun, and half the player base mindlessly regurgitates their reasoning because they, too, cannot bring themselves to allow fun to grow in the hearts of others.

If it were up to me, I'd have true RP realms where everyone could be anything, have the ability to place objects and morph themselves into whatever NPC or model they want, and give us a real sandbox RP playground.

But that is a fairy tale.

I mean, several games have that so not really? Blizzard just doesn't want to devote assets to that.
11/12/2018 08:58 PMPosted by Softsong
- Alliance's player's Guide.

Declared Non Canon.

- Alliance and Horde Compendium

Declared Non Canon.

The RPGs/RPG games aren't cannon.

Yeah, pretty sure Theron only contemplated rejoining the Alliance to get his people away from Garrosh, as his "Horde" was falling apart, to which all of the Horde leaders eventually defected did before creating their own Horde. Hardly disloyalty.

Fact is, they almost left the Horde.

Darkspear, Tauren, and Forsaken included.

Reeking of loyalty.

Still better then Lotha-who. She wanted to join her sister after her Husband died. She still has great disdain for the Horde.

Meanwhile the Blood Elves almost left the Horde.

Not that they matter when it comes to High Elves.

"Auric's Angels are a group of elven and human mages located in Boralus Harbor. They participate in the island expeditions and are presumably named after Captain Auric Sunchaser."
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Auric%27s_Angels

The notable members of this team are
Frostfencer Seraphi
Squallshaper Bryson
Squallshaper Auran

But Auric is neither present, nor leading this group. It's not even certain this group refers to him or not at this point.

The Alliance aligned High Elf who is the only person in the game with that name doesn't have anything to do with the group named that that has a High Elf in it huh?

Now who's grasping at straws.

Also, thank god I actually get to play a High elf, and not the purple crumbs the Alliance got stuck with. I guess you'll have to return to your echo chamber in hopes one day they'll let you play our race. c:

"We are no longer High Elves" - Kael'thas.

I mean, just because you want to RP you aren't a Blood Elf doesn't make it true.

You think you would be excited to have the option to join the Alliance since you're wearing Alliance colors and are in an RP guild named after a strictly Alliance group.
Late to the thread, but the only thing I don't like about High Elves is that they don't really add anything new or unique to the Alliance. There's a good reason they're highly requested, but there's also a good reason why Blizzard didn't go with them.

It's not to everyone's liking and that's fine, different strokes and all, but my personal preference at this point is that they just be merged with the Void Elves and follow in the footsteps of Alleria.
11/12/2018 10:37 PMPosted by Rendford
Late to the thread, but the only thing I don't like about High Elves is that they don't really add anything new or unique to the Alliance. There's a good reason they're highly requested, but there's also a good reason why Blizzard didn't go with them.

It's not to everyone's liking and that's fine, different strokes and all, but my personal preference at this point is that they just be merged with the Void Elves and follow in the footsteps of Alleria.

Blizzard really messed up by passing up a perfect opportunity to give the splintered High Elves some identity by progressing them forward as Void Elves, instead of having some splinter faction of Blood Elves researching the Void (especially after the Sunwell was reignited using Light magic, makes no sense to me). The funny part is this option is still something open to them. High Elven wayfarers can be found in Telgorus Rift, along with Blood Elven deserters.

They just need one piece of story content having Veressa and the Silver Covenant joining her sister and finding a way.
HiGh ElVeS dOn'T mAkE sEnsE

Gives us another bluer blood elf that literally has no lore, reasoning and looks exactly like any other Horde Blood Elf when put in the exact same armor.

Oh and even their rep grind has nothing to do with them....at all.
11/12/2018 10:58 PMPosted by Buttercleave
HiGh ElVeS dOn'T mAkE sEnsE

Gives us another bluer blood elf that literally has no lore, reasoning and looks exactly like any other Horde Blood Elf when put in the exact same armor.

Oh and even their rep grind has nothing to do with them....at all.

Technically they bring back WC3 Blood Elves. Dark magic sorcerer elves that were still once part of the Human Alliance and had their own units, just replace "Blood Mage" with "Void Mage". As much as people lament it, the current modern Blood Elves that are on the Horde are too much Light-themed to really fully rekindle that feeling, they just don't use dark magic enough like they once did and when they do it's when they're more tied to the Illidari or the Ebon Blade.
11/12/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Joyeuse
11/12/2018 06:15 PMPosted by Romanna
There is every reason to believe it could be done. People who want High Elves as a Playable race need to come up with why it should be done.
Are you joking right now? The biggest thread on GD is people discussing why High Elves "should" be playable while providing overwhelming support for how and why it could happen beyond all of the High Elf stuff Blizzard is constantly adding to the game themselves.
Not joking, but thank you for making my point for me. Seven people making the same post over and over again and feeding back on themselves is not "overwhelming support" no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise. The "longest thread" is still nothing more than "I want" and that is not good enough of a reason.

Y'all don't persuade, you harangue. You don't want a discussion, you want capitulation. And as long as that is your attitude, you will not build up support from the rest of the players.
11/12/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Drede
- Alliance's player's Guide.

Declared Non Canon.

- Alliance and Horde Compendium

Declared Non Canon.

The RPGs/RPG games aren't cannon.

Yeah, pretty sure Theron only contemplated rejoining the Alliance to get his people away from Garrosh, as his "Horde" was falling apart, to which all of the Horde leaders eventually defected did before creating their own Horde. Hardly disloyalty.

Fact is, they almost left the Horde.

Darkspear, Tauren, and Forsaken included.

Reeking of loyalty.

Still better then Lotha-who. She wanted to join her sister after her Husband died. She still has great distance for the Horde.

Meanwhile the Blood Elves almost left the Horde.

Not that they matter when it comes to High Elves.

"Auric's Angels are a group of elven and human mages located in Boralus Harbor. They participate in the island expeditions and are presumably named after Captain Auric Sunchaser."
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Auric%27s_Angels

The notable members of this team are
Frostfencer Seraphi
Squallshaper Bryson
Squallshaper Auran

But Auric is neither present, nor leading this group. It's not even certain this group refers to him or not at this point.

The Alliance aligned High Elf who is the only person in the game with that name doesn't have anything to do with the group named that that has a High Elf in it huh?

Now who's grasping at straws.

Also, thank god I actually get to play a High elf, and not the purple crumbs the Alliance got stuck with. I guess you'll have to return to your echo chamber in hopes one day they'll let you play our race. c:

"We are no longer High Elves" - Kael'thas.

I mean, just because you want to RP you aren't a Blood Elf doesn't make it true.

You think you would be excited to have the option to join the Alliance since you're wearing Alliance colors and are in an RP guild named after a strictly Alliance group.

And yet many of these facts are supported in game, like the High elf children in Dalaran saying they're growing up to be Farstriders, and the High Elven wife Vyrin Swiftwind, and her blood elf husband Talithar Swiftwind. High elf Aurora Skycaller and Blood elf Manduil Skycaller. Many of the High elves that remained with the Alliance still have plenty of family, and loved ones in the Blood Elves. But I guess the only ones you can think of are the Silver Covenant.

Not to mention the treatment of the humans of high Elves was also consistently atrocious.
"Oftentimes, the jealous humans and dwarves ridiculed and compared the ears of high elves to those of donkeys, swine, and, worst of all, goblins."

Sylvanas is part of the Horde... so logic tells us if she was leaving the Alliance, and joining Sylvanas in undercity, she'd be joining the Horde. I don't know how that's "far from the Horde" Just sounds like you don't want to accept the truth. Vereesa and the rest of the Silver Covenant don't even hate the Blood Elves, they hated the Sunreavers because they were misled into thinking they intentionally assisted Garrosh in the bombing of Theramore from Jaina, which led to High elven deaths, which later they learned wasn't true. Otherwise I doubt Vereesa would care about their redemption, or would take the time out to defend Quel'thalas against the amani trolls.

Because it wasn't the real Horde? It was Garrosh's horde, which is why all of the race leaders leave to create the actual Horde. If you're trying to suggest Thoren was disloyal, then you're also suggesting that Vol'jin, and Baine are also disloyal because they didn't want to follow a tyrannical leader.

Naming something after Auric, doesn't mean he's part of it. In the beta the group was called "Jaina's angels" but I doubt she was included either. Plus all the members of the exhibition teams can be found together, while Auric is mysteriously absent? The entry literally even says "presumably named after Auric Sunchaser." and yet he makes no appearances, or any official claim to the group. You're quite literally "assuming" that he's the leader when he's not even on the groups roster. Wishful thinking much? And I love that you completely glazed over the fact that Auric literally makes a speech at the Sunwell urging Blood Elves and High elves to reunite under one cause once again. But I again, I guess the only examples you have of aggression between the groups is the Silver Covenant?

https://youtu.be/ogImRduusVc?t=192
"High Elves, now known as the Blood Elves"

Hmm, I guess if the only difference is in the name I can live with that. It's also enjoyable to wear this outfit in Alliance Bgs to rub it in their faces. But hey, you guys got your Blue berry elves, so have fun with that. c:
If all you got is to repeat the same decanonized material and headcanon I don't see much point in talking with you.

The RPG books are none cannon.

Vereesa's story is more complicated than you are trying to lead on.

There's no reason to say Auric has nothing to do with a group named after him.

The Silver Covenant is a group formed to opposed the Blood Elves. Of course they would constantly be fighting them.

The other groups of High Elves are-

-The ones in Stormwind who are safe there.
-Quel'Danil who are now wretched but used to be Horde kill targets.
-The Highvale who are currently Horde kill Targets. (I believe it's a Blood Elf who gives you that quest?)
-The ones who where in Outland who are brothers in Arms with the Humans they survived there with and opposed the Blood Elves way of life.
-The ones in the 7th legion.

Every group of High Elves aside from the few Neutral ones are at war with the Horde. Huh?

11/13/2018 12:06 AMPosted by Softsong
https://youtu.be/ogImRduusVc?t=192
"High Elves, now known as the Blood Elves"

Doesn't include the one's I'm talking about.

Hmm, I guess if the only difference is in the name I can live with that. It's certainly far closer than anyone on the Alliance will ever get. And I do like the High Elves because they're part of the Blood Elf lore, which is why the Alliance will never get to play them. c: But it's okay, you got your Blue berry elves. hehe

If you want to RP as an Alliance group, go ahead.

Just don't expect me to take that RP searesly.
I am a High Elf. The Horde is waiting for you. Fight me.
11/13/2018 12:40 AMPosted by Lacryma

You're obviously a Blood Elf. Can tell by the copying of the visual that sets the Lightforged Draenei apart from the normal one. Try again.
11/12/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Joyeuse
11/12/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Lydon
Halfway meetings haven't worked with this crowd.

Give one an inch and they'll take a mile comes to mind here.
High Elf fans were given nothing at all because Void Elves aren't High Elves.

Finally, there you have it: Void Elves are not High Elves. Add the fact that Blood Elves are High Elves and you can understand.

Kael'thas Sunstrider is what kind of elf? The kind of elf that started calling themselves blood elf. 'Calling themselves', in other words, when you roll a Blood Elf for the Horde, you are rolling a High Elf by a different name.

The Silver Covenant isn't a race apart from Blood Elves. Just as human pirates allied with the Horde aren't a race apart from Humans.
11/13/2018 12:40 AMPosted by Lacryma
Wrong says Blood Elf right by your name... I know you can't read.
im a high elf blood elf. i like the gold eye option can we get blue too for us blood elves?
Why is it that all the lore reasons that High Elf fans keep spitting out are just about High Elves existing?

Nobody, and I mean nobody, is arguing that High Elves don't exist in the Alliance. They do. We see them, too.

But the fact is they aren't there in the same way as player character races. They have no home. They have no real leader. They have no identity. They have no culture other than being a prop to oppose Blood Elves. Anything they did have is now Blood Elven, and thusly Horde territory.

This is why Blizzard didn't put them in as Allied Race #1. If you were ever going to get them, they would've been there already. The best you can hope for is light skins for Void Elves, even though that doesn't make sense, or some cosmetic toy.
Please give them playable high elfs so they will stop trying to taint the void elfs with them.

We are void afflicted and we like it that way.
Let's have a toy that let's you look like a death knight for whatever your model. So a velf could have blue-eyes just like a High Elf Death Knight (did I say High Elf, I meant descendant of the Highborne, or whatever they call themselves these days - Blood Elves I think)
That why we need half elfs.