How is the new forum going to work?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Will there be a physical Collector's Edition with an art book, soundtrack, figurine, etc.?
11/13/2018 10:57 PMPosted by Ughash
Limiting posts sucks!!!! What if your in a roleplay and get capped and holding up the thread because you can’t respond? And what if we like to chat in lounges :( I hope this gets removed ASAP.

From the looks of it, it wont take much forum interaction at all to get to trust level 1, and I don't think there are any posts limits once you hit that.

TRUST LEVEL 1

Get to trust level 1 by…
•Entering at least 5 topics
•Reading at least 30 posts
•Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

I would imagine that most people who post frequently in here would be doing that much anyway. I generally spend about an hour a day or so just reading posts, since I do it with my breakfast and during lunch, so I cant imagine it would take long at all to get to

Users at trust level 1 can…
•Post unlimited topics and replies
•Edit wiki posts (more on Wiki Posts Below)
•Flag posts

you just flag everyone that says something that doesn't match your opinion, or just don't like it.
11/14/2018 05:03 AMPosted by Mony

you just flag everyone that says something that doesn't match your opinion, or just don't like it.

Well for one thing, they are going to limit the number of flags you can use a day I think. And for another, you can get in trouble for abusing the report system now, and you will be able to get in trouble for abusing the new one, so I wouldn't suggest it.
11/14/2018 04:57 AMPosted by Miadra
11/13/2018 10:57 PMPosted by Ughash
Limiting posts sucks!!!! What if your in a roleplay and get capped and holding up the thread because you can’t respond? And what if we like to chat in lounges :( I hope this gets removed ASAP.

From the looks of it, it wont take much forum interaction at all to get to trust level 1, and I don't think there are any posts limits once you hit that.

TRUST LEVEL 1

Get to trust level 1 by…
•Entering at least 5 topics
•Reading at least 30 posts
•Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

I would imagine that most people who post frequently in here would be doing that much anyway. I generally spend about an hour a day or so just reading posts, since I do it with my breakfast and during lunch, so I cant imagine it would take long at all to get to

Users at trust level 1 can…
•Post unlimited topics and replies
•Edit wiki posts (more on Wiki Posts Below)
•Flag posts
Oh phew sounds good! Haha.

Pretty much. People wonder why “downvote” systems are falling out of favor. They’re great in theory but fail in practice because people are petty and they will absolutely abuse a system that allows them to silence people they don’t like if you give them the opportunity.

But apparently, Blizz has decided to bring it back to these forums for reasons I surely can’t fathom...
11/12/2018 01:15 AMPosted by Elae
I am curious about this, how is it going to work exactly, they say you will be able to 'post more often' if you are good, but what does this actually mean, does this mean that when we start we will have a limit on how often we can post??

Also, are the good MVP's like Bluespacecow and so on going to still be around as MVPS? We need them.

Badly.

Go see the HoTS or OW forums if you want to know. More censorship! But you will be able to build kissup levels if you say nice things about Blizzard.
11/14/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Zeropointt

Pretty much. People wonder why “downvote” systems are falling out of favor. They’re great in theory but fail in practice because people are petty and they will absolutely abuse a system that allows them to silence people they don’t like if you give them the opportunity.

But apparently, Blizz has decided to bring it back to these forums for reasons I surely can’t fathom...

Actually the only thing that was wrong with the prior downvote system is that it greyed out and buried heavily downvoted posts. This greying mechanism could have just been removed. Also, the "highly rated" award for heavily upvoted posts could also just have been removed.
I am think that this is just another way to control the forums. "Control the forum, you control the universe." Take the negative forums out and it will all be positive.
11/14/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Ironnic
I am think that this is just another way to control the forums. "Control the forum, you control the universe." Take the negative forums out and it will all be positive.

Nobody said you have to be positive. You just have to do what you do now which is follow the forum Code of Conduct. The new forums have better tools for moderators so there is a perception of a change, but the rules themselves are not changing.

You are free to tell Blizzard just how much you don't like a game change, design choice, quest, or whatever. Just skip insults insults, profanity, and spamming and you will be fine. The OW and HotS forums certainly have plenty of critical threads on them and they both use the new forum software.
11/14/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Ironnic

PR disasters tend to cause a company to react.

Companies run by smart people who know they rely on customers and their trust, generally find ways to reach out to them. A public statement, a speech, just something to let customers know you know you have let them down. A promise to do better does wonders.

Companies run by people too hubristic to see, much less, understand their own failures will blame their customers every time and do nothing to reach out to them, but will do everything to control perception.

I am always amused by company executives who are shocked to find that the former is a winning formula for customer retention, while the latter acts as customer repellents.

Those too proud to learn from their own mistakes are doomed to repeat them.
To welcome us into the mobile era the new forums will be monetized.

You get 5 free posts and anything beyond that you have to recharge with $5.99 package to get more posts.
11/14/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Drolvarg
To welcome us into the mobile era the new forums will be monetized.

You get 5 free posts and anything beyond that you have to recharge with $5.99 package to get more posts.

You got to be kidding..is this a troll?
11/12/2018 01:15 AMPosted by Elae
I am curious about this, how is it going to work exactly, they say you will be able to 'post more often' if you are good, but what does this actually mean, does this mean that when we start we will have a limit on how often we can post??
It's all about their "social engineering". They thought that removing the dislike button would've done the trick - nope. That didn't satisfy them cause dissatisfied customers just make comments. So now they are going to limit that ability too... The "new" forums are just going to be ECHO chambers of fake blizzard accounts/community managers/and blue's posting what their "Current Wallpaper" is all about.
11/14/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Velara
PR disasters tend to cause a company to react.

While I don't disagree with you, that has nothing to do with the forum change over.

*We have known about the new forums for over a year.

OW switched in Feb 2018
HotS summer 2018
HS late Nov 2018 after a delay
WoW ? but soon
D3 and SC2 will follow.

* You can still post critical things on the new forum just like you can now. Nothing changes. You just have to follow the same Code of Conduct we have now.
Seems to be working quite well. Kind of disappointed that the interface looks exactly like the old one......
So another thread says that getting a forum ban for promoting hacks and exploits results in a game ban, yet others say any ban on the forums is reflected with an in game ban. We really need a blue to clarify which one it id. Former, then nothing much changes as I am sure insults are ALREADY not allowed on the current forums. If the latter oh man the pandering would be absolutely mental.
11/14/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Mirasol
You can still post critical things on the new forum just like you can now. Nothing changes. You just have to follow the same Code of Conduct we have now.
I mean, very recently and somewhat famously you guys didn't allow this to happen on ANOTHER website using their communication methods (YouTube) where you controlled both the negative comments and the downvotes. What Blizzard suggests now is that we "trust" them? Are you joking right now?
11/12/2018 01:37 AMPosted by Elae
11/12/2018 01:30 AMPosted by Alyrionus
Seems like they will have a post limit now which I worry a bit about. Can no long just post replies to stuff and threads all day unless maybe at a very high trust level.

Yeah, that's a little frustrating, well I will guess I have to do my best to not say anything that could be construed as racist, homophobic, religiousist, and so on...can be hard sometimes as so much is seen as sexist and offensive these days, when imo it's not.

Oh well, will just adapt to it.

The snowflakes and sjw's are offended by everything so good luck
People will miss the Vanilla FoRuMz.