New forums

General Discussion
Will a suspension here result in a in game suspension too or are they seperate?
No official clarification at the moment. But doubtful.
I'm sure it won't take more than a day for someone to test the waters on that!
11/12/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Dvis
I'm sure it won't take more than a day for someone to test the waters on that!

Pretty much, yep. If forum suspensions carry in-game penalties with them, Reddit will likely catch fire. Literal flames.
They're separate now so I wouldn't see why that would change.
I’ll let you know after my next vacation.
Last I saw, based on OW, forum suspensions do not = an in-game suspension. There can be exceptions though for things like spreading hacks/exploits.

Forum perma bans MAY = an in-game suspension. Not a game perma ban though.

In-game suspension or ban = forum suspension or ban for the same time period. It works like that now.

In-game Silence = same silence on forums if it works like OW.

This is all just speculation though based on how some other things work. We won't know until they roll things out.

EDIT

11/12/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Snuggi

Not really. In-game actions have forum consequences and always have.
11/12/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Mirasol
Last I saw, based on OW, forum suspensions do not = an in-game suspension. There can be exceptions though for things like spreading hacks/exploits.

Forum perma bans MAY = an in-game suspension. Not a game perma ban though.

In-game suspension or ban = forum suspension or ban for the same time period. It works like that now.

In-game Silence = same silence on forums if it works like OW.

This is all just speculation though based on how some other things work. We won't know until they roll things out.

EDIT

11/12/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Snuggi

you got any blue confirmation that we're getting these new forums?

Hmm. I remember back in BC, I got banned in-game for a day for talking about Captain Planet's rear end, but I think I was still able to post on the forums. Perhaps it depends on the severity of the offense?
11/12/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Sanshunter

There was a post in the Breaking News section of the support site that detailed everything and stated that they'd be going live tomorrow. It's since been taken down so it's pretty much anyone's guess.

Edit: I still had it open in another tab...here's what it looked like:
https://imgur.com/a/MrhWeMs
11/12/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Gaahr

Hmm. I remember back in BC, I got banned in-game for a day for talking about Captain Planet's rear end, but I think I was still able to post on the forums. Perhaps it depends on the severity of the offense?
I would stick to puppy trolling for the new forums Gaahr. ;)
11/12/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Perl
11/12/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Sanshunter

There was a post in the Breaking News section of the support site that detailed everything and stated that they'd be going live tomorrow. It's since been taken down so it's pretty much anyone's guess.

Edit: I still had it open in another tab...here's what it looked like:
https://imgur.com/a/MrhWeMs
well this "mvp" been saying "the new forums are coming" since January. Only 11 months late. I'll believe it when it happens given blizzards track record lately.
11/12/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Solarwynds
I would stick to puppy trolling for the new forums Gaahr. ;)

Oh gosh yeah, I'm a lot older than I was when I said salacious things about my favorite cartoon character's butt. Really wish I could remember the context... ah well. Puppy trolling forever.

Y'know, not to put too fine a point on it, but IMO we should have these clarified BEFORE they roll it out, not after.
11/12/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Aehl
Y'know, not to put too fine a point on it, but IMO we should have these clarified BEFORE they roll it out, not after.

That's like balancing a class before release, instead of after! The sheer insanity of such a task is almost too much to grasp
11/12/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Aehl

That would have made sense, but this is the same group launched Warfronts with almost zero explanations.
My biggest worry is the one I posted..the fact that the OW forums have a MAJOR issue with flagging being misused. Resulting in unwarranted , unjustified silences, thread locks, suspensions.

If a system is THAT rife for abuse then I want to know what safeguards have been put in place to ensurer we dont see that happening here.
well rip forums they will be dead after this if they arnt already.first reddit damage control fourms now this the only safe place to go is mmo champion or wow head now.