Famous

General Discussion
What’s it take to become famous in this game like Hobbs, WoWcrendor or Nix? I’m curious
provide free video content for a decade
Gotta get yourself a youtube channel and provide quality content.

Or provide mediocre content but just produce a lot of it and be loud about it.
11/13/2018 03:05 AMPosted by Zorloff
What’s it take to become famous in this game like Hobbs, WoWcrendor or Nix? I’m curious
Create content that fills a niche. Some of these people focus on end game raiding, others on PvP or pet battles or transmog runs. Find an aspect of the game that is not being beaten to death by other streamers & content creators. You also need to have a presentation that is engaging and interesting. You may want to study some acting or public speaking techniques so you don't come across as wooden. Even if people don't tune in explicitly for the content, they will likely tune if you're entertaining.

For now, check out video by the biggest content creators. See what they're doing and more importantly HOW they're doing it. Humor, charisma, insight, experience are all virtues in this field. In short, create the kind of content YOU would want to watch on a regular basis.
[quote="207682910039"]Gotta get yourself a youtube channel and provide quality content.

I mean, I stream
React to other streamers.
I feel bad, I’ve never heard of these people. Are they twitchy or tubey?
Stream, animate, BE FUNNY, and have friends who you can have them either diss on you or be dissed on themselves.
Don't shower and make lots of click baitey controversy videos

Make as many unfounded claims about what's destroying the game as you can then have your followers spam the official forums about you
11/14/2018 04:39 AMPosted by Wrathu

Crendor has been around since Vanilla, doing Machinima YouTube videos. No clue who the other guys are.

WHICH kinda brings OP's whole question under the bright light, doesn't it? If these guys were famous, wouldn't we all know who they were?
Drama. Lots of drama. Plus click bait.

Who???
Are you any good? If you stream, you could try focusing on a single class/spec, potentially an underplayed one, and if you play to a high enough level and make guides etc., people who are looking to improve or are big fans of that class/spec will be drawn to you.

If you're kinda mediocre, just be obnoxious as possible, screech like a gibbon whenever you get the chance, start beefs with other streamers/content creators then make bizarre 20 minute self indulgent videos going over how the beef started, stuff they said to you etc. and otherwise act like how a narcissistic, delusional, social-pollutant with a God complex would. The problem with this is there's plenty of those already so you'll have to go BIG if you want to pull this off.

Lastly you could try taking a leaf out of DrDisRespect's book. I'm not really sure how it works but if you stream whilst doing a bit of light roleplaying eventually you'll make enough money to start your own country.
Who, who and who?
1) Make good content.
2) Don't not make good content.
11/14/2018 04:55 AMPosted by Shaie
11/14/2018 04:39 AMPosted by Wrathu

Crendor has been around since Vanilla, doing Machinima YouTube videos. No clue who the other guys are.

WHICH kinda brings OP's whole question under the bright light, doesn't it? If these guys were famous, wouldn't we all know who they were?

Nixxiom is another wow machinimator on YouTube, he’s been doing more streams on twitch though.

Big lore fanboy too so he often does lore vids or what if ones.
Create content.

Never heard of any of those people you mentioned. Not kidding either.