Once WoW Classic realms get Naxx...then what?

Classic Discussion
There's been a lot of discussion surrounding WoW Classic, but one question that I haven't seen answered or really discussed involves the "end" of content for the WoW Classic servers.

After stage 4, or Naxx, is released on the Classic servers, what do you want to see happen next?

A. Nothing. Let the server exist for years and years with nothing happening to it.

B. Start a reset of the server after a certain period of time and allow players to form new guilds, new characters, and relive the experience in a different way.

C. Open up Burning Crusade servers and allow players to transfer Classic characters to the new BC servers if they so choose.

D. Other (please explain)

What would you like to see happen?
D.) - Ask the Classic forum.
I think the "of course" plan is just to slowly release the next expansions content, always staying 14 years behind or whatever.

I do not expect to see different servers for Vanilla / BC / Wrath, etc. I think they'd rather do some kind of rolling loadout once the system is mature.
I would like C, in the probably way too far away and/or impossible conclusion that I can play on a WotLK server at some point.

But also A because regardless of what people think, I'm not one that sees everyone getting BiS and every class to 60 that quickly.

I am not a fan of B.
11/13/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Bogo
I think the "of course" plan is just to slowly release the next expansions content, always staying 14 years behind or whatever.
I do not expect to see different servers for Vanilla / BC / Wrath, etc. I think they'd rather do some kind of rolling loadout once the system is mature.

I think the problem with this is that you would have players that don't want to transfer to a BC server, but would rather start fresh on a new Classic server and play through a progression of the content again with a new character/faction/guild etc.

11/13/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Tovi
D.) - Ask the Classic forum.

Sorry...I didn't know that existed. :(
When class gets their own forum, do you think:

A) People will ignore the forum and post in GD anyway?

B) People will post in GD and Classic Forum to get more likes

C) People will post in Classic Forums and interact with people who actually care about Classic?

D) Meat
That’s been my question going forward. Most answers have downsides and issues that will anger a portion of the player base.

If two years from classic’s launch they decide to add BC, then it’s no longer classic. What if someone wanted to play it after BC is launched? They’re out of luck? So back to a private Vanilla server, okay.

Reset the server so people have to start over. I don’t have to detail why people would be annoyed with that, many would be annoyed losing their character.

Stagnate the server. No opening of AQ, no release of new raids. Just Naxxramas and nothing else added. I’m sure some people would still love the server, but that would also push a bunch of people way.

Every route forward last classic would have an issue behind it, and I just don’t think this was thought through as well as it could have been. But that’s just my opinion, I’m still concerned Blizz is spreading themselves too thin with two different types of servers and whatever “mobile” thing they’re doing for WoW, and I worry live will suffer.
D) I'd like to have a new expansion come out with a different storyline that keeps many of the same mechanics from classic.
Then nothing. They wanted to play Vanilla forever. Now they can. This is what they asked for, so that's exactly what they'll get. Asking for more would make it no longer Classic.
1744 posts
16 min ago

C) People will post in Classic Forums and interact with people who actually care about Classic?

D) Meat

'

All of the Above!
11/13/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Grandblade
Then nothing. They wanted to play Vanilla forever. Now they can. This is what they asked for, so that's exactly what they'll get. Asking for more would make it no longer Classic.

Exactly and this is why I’m against sharding, even at the start. “It’ll make it better!” Well, every xpac after Classic made things better.
i played pre launch wow - and then when it came out
2 people got rich - Blizzard and my crystal methamphetamine dealer.

now look at me - i'm afraid to smile because i don't have any teeth.
11/13/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Rockadee

D) Meat

D obviously
There will be about 78 people left playing so who cares.
They will do it again it seems.

They also do no understand economics on why the gold will steadily inflate without consistent gold sinks.
Then you just have naxx, with the game staying in that condition.

Most people won't ever be in a guild that can do Naxx, they just remember how things were in Vanilla. Do you even KNOW those people still? Do you think they are REALLY going to go back to "Vanilla" with you, to do what they already did?

B. Start a reset of the server after a certain period of time and allow players to form new guilds, new characters, and relive the experience in a different way.

C. Open up Burning Crusade servers and allow players to transfer Classic characters to the new BC servers if they so choose.

What would you like to see happen?

I believe they said they would do B on that interview with those three youtubers, tips, stay safe etc. Something about wanting to allow people 15 years from now to experience classic, which would mean the opening of the gates etc. Could be something like "every 3, 6 or 12 months, a fresh server pops up."

C will likely also be done based on demand from the player base. I know personally, I'm playing to set myself up for BC - which may seem strange but I don't think i'm alone here.

For those arguing server costs for blizzard will be prohibitive, these costs tend to come down over time as do most things relating to computers. What may be prohibitive now, may not be an issue tomorrow.

So TLDR: B and C
11/13/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Up

D. Other (please explain)

Either C or D.
As for D.
Make a new set of classic servers that go into a new timeline but this time the game maintains the vanilla characteristics that made the game so great.
After I feel like I've "beat" classic and can't progress any further, I would wait for the next fresh start server and start over. This was more or less what people did on pservers. Older servers would decline as they aged. Then a new server would open up and everyone would return to play from scratch.
C