BC TW dungeons overtuned

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I see complaints about timewalking black temple being overtuned and buggy. The timewalking BC dungeons don't seem to be buggy, but they are overtuned. Not original BC hard, but harder than they should be. At the moment they probably aren't worth doing.
11/13/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Murdina
they probably aren't worth doing.

I've always felt that way with TW.
I just did Arcatraz with a pug and it was pretty overtuned, especially trash. Granted, our group wasn't coordinated or experienced, but it still was much more difficult than BC Timewalking during previous expansions. It took 40 minutes, which is a lot for a random dungeon nowadays.

Agree they are currently not worth the time at all for the rewards.
I'm sorry, but the dungeons aren't overtuned AT ALL. They just aren't faceroll/afk the whole time like they used to be.

Black Temple actually has a boss that is so overtuned as to make beating it impossible.

VERY different scenarios.
Timewalking hasn't been worth doing since they removed the extra seal from the quest reward.

The only reason to do it is to gear up freshly 120 alts.
11/13/2018 02:27 PMPosted by Amp
I just did Arcatraz with a pug and it was pretty overtuned, especially trash. Granted, our group wasn't coordinated or experienced, but it still was much more difficult than BC Timewalking during previous expansions. It took 40 minutes, which is a lot for a random dungeon nowadays.

Agree they are currently not worth the time at all for the rewards.

My Mistweaver monk alt who is 351 ilvl isn't the best geared but I got got kicked when some under geared group tried to face pull all of Arcatraz and I just couldn't keep up lol
11/13/2018 03:46 PMPosted by Dankdag
My Mistweaver monk alt who is 351 ilvl isn't the best geared but I got got kicked when some under geared group tried to face pull all of Arcatraz and I just couldn't keep up lol

If only ilvl had nothing to do with Timewalking
All of my groups did the dungeons just fine, but something is wrong with Reliquary of Souls right now in Black Temple. When everyone goes into the boss room and comes down off the platform, all of the ghosts up top from the gauntlet continue to aggro on the group and it wipes the raid every time. We don't know how to fix it or what to do, so the group fell apart. :(
Overtuned? No.
Just cumbersome and tedious
As a tank I was getting hit like a train by trash this time for some reason. It had NEVER been that bad in all of Legion. I think there were definitely some tuning problems. The bosses were fine but the trash was just brutal.
Hard hitting? Cumbersome? Hit like a train?

Welcome to BC.
11/13/2018 09:11 PMPosted by Chopstomp

Welcome to BC.

The CC and pull tactics are fine, but when you're flirting with death on a bog-standard trash pack even when you do everything right, it's a bit stupid. If that's "welcome to BC" then, well, there's a reason they moved past that design.
I just did Arcatraz with a pug

It took 40 minutes, which is a lot for a random dungeon nowadays.

[/quote]

my first Arcatraz took 6 hours.

Timewalking is not "nowadays"
Done Shattered Halls and the Slave Pens.
Not hard if you don't pull everything in sight.
seriously what the heck is this.
doing mgt took longer than it did back in bc.
11/13/2018 09:53 PMPosted by Zengashi
11/13/2018 09:11 PMPosted by Chopstomp

Welcome to BC.

The CC and pull tactics are fine, but when you're flirting with death on a bog-standard trash pack even when you do everything right, it's a bit stupid. If that's "welcome to BC" then, well, there's a reason they moved past that design.

Not sure which dungeons are in timewalking but certain heroic dungeons in TBC had trash that hit harder than raid bosses. Big Naga guys in Slave Pens and the Setthek Guards in Sethhek halls were 2 examples. It was basically a case of hope you can kite them for long enough after the tank died to kill them. Because the tank usually died unless they were outgearing the dungeon by 3 tiers.

And basically all trash would 1 shot anyone who wasn't wearing plate armour.
It's utterly ridiculous. I am with my mythic+ group and the bosses are like +11-+12. It's simply overtuned, it's pointless having such high HP pools and horrible scaling for subpar loot. Then try do it with pugs that are only pulling 200-400dps, you're going to spend nearly 1 hr per dungeon, more than double than current content mythic+.

No-one wants one-shot but they don't want the complete opposite end of the scale. HP vs dmg scaling is just laughably overtuned.
I tanked BC dungeons from start to finish, and they never hit this hard and took so long to kill. its not every dungeon in TW but most it seems. Feels more like a M10 on some packs with CC and kiting tactics. Add the average pugger, and your in for a "Fun" time. These should feel like heroics in most cases
Did Alcatraz, Black Morass & Magister's Terrace.
They were a challenge but were not impossibly hard.

BM, no mob made it even close to Medivh. And no one died.

MT had a three deaths, all due to pulling too many by accident.

Alcatraz: joined a group where the previous tank face pulled everything in sight up to the first boss. Repeatedly.
I did not. Some mobs lived long enough for their mechanics to catch me off guard. Odd person died but no wipes.

These TW dungeons are NOT impossible. If EVERYONE uses their brain, it is not an issue.
but why do 5 mythic +8-9 for one normal uldir item lol