How many of you are in a guild only for the guild perks?

General Discussion
When I talk to people about this, in game or out of game, I hear: I'm only in XYZ guild for the perks and that's it.

Genuinely curious as I'm wondering who would go solo if there was a system that gave all the perks of the guild to you without being in a guild, up to max guild level. Grind to get perks being about equal or hell, maybe a little less than the guild grind.

To the GMs who blind invite: how dare I bring up a suggestion? Well, there just doesn't feel like there's a draw to being in a guild other than the perks and big fat maybe to having a community, but then they added a community system where it's almost like a vanilla guild, but without the guild.

Any of you in a guild where you never get promoted and/or never get access to guild repair funds?
Guild perks? Like being in the same guild for 9 years?
Being in a guild is what keeps me playing.

It makes everything I do in the game more fun when I can do it with friends.

That IMHO been the point of guilds, at least for me.
No surprise to get nay sayers right away, the point of guilds has been dead for a while now. The guild perk system is like a guild life support, that's the truth. It didn't exist in vanilla because guilds didn't really need it, but all a guild was basically a list of people with level and class and it turned your chat text green. Not much else.

The whole idea of the guild is obsolete and I bet a lot of people would just /gquit if perks were something you can obtain solo.
Most of my alts are only in a guild for the perks.

Guilds should not have perks at all. It was a stupid idea, and really added nothing to the game but an incentive to create cess-pools.
Pretty much. This is actually a solo guild, just me in it.

Perks are nice, no pressure to be social and the conversations are fun! Or maybe that's just the madness slowly setting in. I should ask myself later.
Me on all of my characters. My guild I raided with for years broke up and faded away back in WOD. Since then I mainly play solo content and just accept random invites for the perks. I don’t really get socially involved with any guild these days.
Guilds have almost always been pointless - at least ever since battlenet existed. Maybe if there was no way to add friends except to be in a guild, which I would actually be down for. Would transform the game a lot. Fewer and bigger guilds. Being in one might actually have meaning then. Maybe could intra-faction tournaments and activities. Nah. Too much fun.
I used to be the loner....ever soloing. Then I felt like trying this whole, uhm, society thing, or whatever... Turns out it's the same, with perks.

I mean, whenever I've been on a guild, it'd be like 50+ ppl logged in, and no one would say a damn word. Makes me wonder what guild chat was made for.
11/13/2018 08:48 PMPosted by Quixa
Guilds have almost always been pointless - at least ever since battlenet existed. Maybe if there was no way to add friends except to be in a guild, which I would actually be down for. Would transform the game a lot. Fewer and bigger guilds. Being in one might actually have meaning then. Maybe could intra-faction tournaments and activities. Nah. Too much fun.

Lol you didn't play in Cata did you? Guilds were a huge thing in Cata and no one wanted to be in your guild if it was level 1.
In my main server, I'm in my own guild that I leveled up to 14 or so alone during cata. I've kept it since all of my friends quit back then. Since perks became a thing, mass recruiting has never stopped. Guilds don't have that same draw that they used to.

The one my mage is in has a bunch of mutual friends that don't play all that often anymore. It's pretty lame to play solo, but the community isn't like it used to be. I'd honestly rather be on my own or with 1-2 friends than big groups. Trying to find a place to fit in, you're always the "new guy" that generally gets left behind or passed over anyway.
Perks aside, Communities did have some potential as an alternative to guilds. You wouldn't have to leave your server and you'd have your own channel to talk to friends.

But Communities were meant to replace Discord, in theory. Mine is dead, but I guess if they integrated the guild perks into Communities, they might have lasted longer.

They exist still, but I have yet to see an active one.
This game seems incredibly pointless without a good guild full of people you enjoy spending time with. Even playing DotA2 sounds more pleasant than just pugging everything in silence.
11/13/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Adeuce
No surprise to get nay sayers right away, the point of guilds has been dead for a while now. The guild perk system is like a guild life support, that's the truth. It didn't exist in vanilla because guilds didn't really need it, but all a guild was basically a list of people with level and class and it turned your chat text green. Not much else.

The whole idea of the guild is obsolete and I bet a lot of people would just /gquit if perks were something you can obtain solo.
heh youre funny. guilds have many many good uses. the perk system can stay or go for all i care.
Perks, custom tabard design, and the privilege of being able to kick anybody if they do join and turn out to be a jerk.

11/13/2018 09:20 PMPosted by Awby
This game seems incredibly pointless without a good guild full of people you enjoy spending time with.

It IS kind of depressing... but it's better than putting up with people who only want to stab you in the back, beat you to a pulp, and/or kick you while you're down.
My guild for perks, extra bank space and the big one: no random popup invites or macroed whispers.
I am mostly in <Felheart> for the cool name over my head.

And I am the GM/Founder.
I have my own guild for myself and my alts only.

Reasons:
~ No spammed requests asking me to join a guild.
~ Somewhat faster hearth time
~ Somewhat faster mount speed

Then end. lol

No other reason for me really. I don't do dungeons or raids, I don't chat much if at all, I'm on to play when I can get the time. Not to chat or listen to others chat.

I'm not actually anti-social, it's just that I have real life friends I chat with, I talk (type) all day with others (online customer support for 3 kids/family games.) So I'm kind of talked out by the time I get on the game. I just want to chill and play.
I'm only in a guild to avoid spam guild invites.
Guilds seem pointless in general now. There are now communities. You can cross realm everything except mythic raids which is where a guild is good. Sure you can have your friends in guild and be all buddy buddy but what is the guild really offering you anymore. I'm not saying we should go back to invite everyone and their mother so you can get gold through leveling but they either need to fix what guilds do for those in them or just forget them now. This is just my opinion and only thought out for about the min I wrote this lol.