I have a feeling Tyrande is

General Discussion
pregnant.

And before this expansion is over she will birth a baby with golden eyes. This will spark a massive feud between 2 powerful brothers.
Um illidan is not on Azeroth.......
But neither Illidan or Malf have golden eyes.
11/14/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Saltzfyre

Pretty sure Illidan used to have them?
11/14/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Cindariel
babies are not born the instant they are conceived, my sweet summer child.
11/14/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Saltzfyre

Didn't illidan have amber or yellow eyes? Some color like that
Uuh, why would it? Golden eyes is akin to a blessing and not hereditary.
If Illidan had golden eyes then Malf is likely heterozygous recessive and could potentially have golden eyes kids if the mother also carries the gene.

But isn't it part of the lore that Tyrande couldn't get preggers?
11/14/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Tahrund
and even more of a reason for malfurion to rage with anger.

Oh

That's funny then
11/14/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Rictusgrin
and even more of a reason for malfurion to rage with anger.

Why though? As a druid he would probably be proud of having a child that already have a natural connection to the emerald dream.
She's gonna give birth to a Blight Elf?
11/14/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Farora
But isn't it part of the lore that Tyrande couldn't get preggers?
I don't think this is stated anywhere.

Anyway, OP's topic is silly. Tyrande was still furious with Illidan the whole time he was alive in Legion, and she outright says she didn't want to see him again. There's no way that he could've conceived a child with her. If she is expecting, the child is Malfurion's.
After experiencing Valsharah i dont think Tyrande would cheat. But who knows maybe it was all an act

We don't actually know that, it could be like albinism IRL where people think something is special when in reality it's just a rare genetic quirk.

Given the sudden increase in nondruid golden eye population after the war of the ancients it leads me to believe the bottleneck effect was in play meaning it's likely genetic.
11/14/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Rictusgrin
11/14/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Cindariel
babies are not born the instant they are conceived, my sweet summer child.

the stork delivers them.... duh.
11/14/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Tahrund
11/14/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Rictusgrin
...and even more of a reason for malfurion to rage with anger.

Why though? As a druid he would probably be proud of having a child that already have a natural connection to the emerald dream.
and his families blood line as well.
Maybe night elf pregnancies last decades, would explain why she's been whiny and useless since WC3.
Golden eyes are just rare enough in Kaldorei that when a child is born with them it's believed to be a sign that the child is destined for greatness (Azshara, Illidan). If you want to inject realism into a fantasy setting it's probable that golden eyes are just a recessive gene so technically Tyrande could have a golden-eyed child with Malfurion since his brother originally having them means the gene is in the pool of possible traits.

That said....nowhere is it stated (to my knowledge) that Tyrande CAN'T have a child, she just adopted Shandris (people can adopt and still have their own biological children you know) and it's hard to conceive a child with your husband if he's been asleep for 10,000 years.
There would be a problem if it was half orc.