Article Explains Why No Communication

Classic Discussion
Ehhh... grain of salt.

The article is on Influencer update dot com and the reporter is the "influencer editor". I wouldn't give this too much credit. This is a pat on the head from blizz.
11/14/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Evilash
Ehhh... grain of salt.

The article is on Influencer update dot com and the reporter is the "influencer editor". I wouldn't give this too much credit. This is a pat on the head from blizz.

I posted a Forbes article saying the very same thing.
With people so engrossed in social media and taking everything posted as fact influencers, both hired and free, are everywhere.
OP is just trying to get some exposure for his crappy website. Nothing to see here.
bump
11/14/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Banja
Once the game or a patch was live, but they were pretty quiet in between.

Doesn't mean they're not getting the info (which they specifically said before) just not actively speaking.

Not at all during the class reviews the CM(the good ones at least) were active on the forums during the process listening and discussing things that were happening.
This was extremely evident to anyone who follows some of the larger Classic community streamers. Most of them were all about no changes until after Blizzcon and are now seemingly fine with sharding and loot trading and probably a bunch of other crap. It's been quite disappointing to see if I'm honest.
From the article, I want to give my thoughts on a few pieces

""Ten years ago, managing a community meant speaking to them on your game forum," Smith added.

Now, there's forums on Reddit and YouTube and Twitch and Twitter and Facebook and Instagram and Snapchat and Imgur.

There's been a power shift; where we used to control our brand and our brand message, now a single person on social media, with the help of virality, can change your brand forever."

I can't agree with this 100%. Just because there are other forums, doesn't mean Blizzard still can't communicate through their own forums. That is just being lazy.

"Influencers and pro-players of Blizzard titles are frequently invited to the company's campus in California, where they can test new updates and builds first, presumably before they go in to the public test regions.

"At Blizzard, influencers are not just marketing partners. We also think of them as game development and community building partners," Smith said."

Blizzard shouldn't worry about those who can influence the game let alone as "partners". Instead they should set out guidelines of a project of "this is going to happen this way and if you don't like it, leave". This just shows that Blizzard will cave to the masses.
11/14/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Brockthorn
Just wait..betcha all those streamers get classic beta invites.

I know one streamer that won't be if he keeps ragging on them.
11/14/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Brockthorn
11/14/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Aryxymaraki
"Influencer update dot biz" writes an article saying "The power is all with the influencers".

Seems totally reasonable and unbiased.

An entire industry is based around "influencers" now.
Technology and how people use it create new jobs all the time.

Forbes is unbiased and says the same thing.
Influencer update just concentrates on that area and interviews various companies on how they use it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesagencycouncil/2018/05/17/follow-the-gaming-industry-in-the-influencer-marketing-revolution/#10c34f1734bc

I'm aware it's a thing these days, I just wanted to be sarcastic about it.
11/14/2018 06:19 PMPosted by Monorvend
This was extremely evident to anyone who follows some of the larger Classic community streamers. Most of them were all about no changes until after Blizzcon and are now seemingly fine with sharding and loot trading and probably a bunch of other crap. It's been quite disappointing to see if I'm honest.

Good point. I noticed this as well.
I can sum it up in 2 sentences. Blizzard should pay me for this.

BFA caters to dopamine fixated youth of the current era, it worked for a bit.
Dopamine fixated creatures will jump ship to another game that offers more dopamine per second.

Basically they are losing people to Fortnite, COD, and the "new and cool game according to youtubers" because the people that enjoy BFA also enjoy those.
No wonder their subscribers keep dropping.