I will pay 19.99 a month

Classic Discussion
11/14/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Brokenwind
11/14/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Manzo
WoW was always an inclusive game, not exclusive.

Just because you want to pay more doesn't mean that Blizzard is willing or going to charge more in order to separate you from the crowd you don't want to be with.

Except that whole box cost and sub that vanilla had. Right?

Which we don't have to pay for any more. Again, World of Warcraft no longer has an upfront cost. And whatever Retail does, Classic has to match, remember? And that's why we've got this combo sub now.

Enjoy your free Vanilla shake.
11/14/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Narya
11/14/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Manzo

Everyone is getting Classic for free with your retail sub.

I don't have a retail sub, and wouldn't pay 2 cents for one, so, again:

No one has a free Classic account.
then youll get a retail sub free with your classic sub!

see !
11/14/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Xecks

see !

Now, that actually works.

And in getting retail free, I will truly be getting the value of what I pay for.
Would you like a separate classic made strictly for no tourists also my lord?
11/14/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Xecks

see !

That's what I've been trying to tell people who want a separate sub, but that makes me a troll.
11/14/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Thèón
That's what I've been trying to tell people who want a separate sub, but that makes me a troll.

they want classic but don't want to pay blizzard for it while also paying for retail or seemingly any other ip and they will pay 'any'' amount as long as the money only go to classic and their vision of it oh and no ''tourists'', it's a very bizarre logical paradigm,if only there was a phrase one could use such ways of thinking.
Can someone explain to me this whole separate sub nonsense, or the "no sharding". Cuz y'all talk about how great you think it is going to be to sit and wait to tag that lone wolf in Elwyn Forest....with hundreds of other people.

If modern tech can make it better for us then use it. It is not vanilla, it is classic, some things will change. If sharding breaks it for you then please go away, you are clearly unwanted.

Also, a combined sub is great; you get to enjoy classic AND retail if you so choose.
11/14/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Alorandis
Can someone explain to me this whole separate sub nonsense, or the "no sharding". Cuz y'all talk about how great you think it is going to be to sit and wait to tag that lone wolf in Elwyn Forest....with hundreds of other people.

If modern tech can make it better for us then use it. It is not vanilla, it is classic, some things will change. If sharding breaks it for you then please go away, you are clearly unwanted.

Also, a combined sub is great; you get to enjoy classic AND retail if you so choose.

But I can't have my 110% pure Vanilla experiences for the first time again with any sort of change. Oh yeah, you troll. Go back to retail.

Did I do it right Classic Forum dwellers?

No, i don't think anyone can explain it logically.
Emotionally maybe,it'll come down to it being their game,their fight to get their game and their not trusting blizzard in the slightest to do anything right about it,damn making it better,damn making it work,and damn everybody trying to ''defend it'' they want their game.

It is a little bit of nostalgia, and lot of resentment on the part of many here who want their own little slice of paradise. For a lot of them, they are desperate to have that time in their life back. They aren't happy with where the current game has gone, and insist that the only way they can be happy is if they are cut off from the retail community.

Take this snippet from a very vocal proponent of paywalling other people out with additional costs, and a separate sub.

"In fact I want to have absolutely nothing to do with Legion/BFA and would not care if it died in a fire. What I do resent is those who have supported the decline of WoW for 14 years and as evidenced by the GD forum despise classic, attempting to justify getting classic for no additional cost, while those who have lobbied for it for over 10 years have to pay. I am happy to pay a separate subscription for Classic, full stop."

It does appear that so many of these people desperately want their own corner, where these players that they despise, cannot get to them.
Can someone explain to me this whole separate sub nonsense, or the "no sharding".

I wish people would stop starting off a YOUR WRONG lecture with an insincere request for something to be explained to them.
11/14/2018 07:35 PMPosted by Manzo

It is a little bit of nostalgia, and lot of resentment on the part of many here who want their own little slice of paradise. For a lot of them, they are desperate to have that time in their life back. They aren't happy with where the current game has gone, and insist that the only way they can be happy is if they are cut off from the retail community.

Take this snippet from a very vocal proponent of paywalling other people out with additional costs, and a separate sub.

"In fact I want to have absolutely nothing to do with Legion/BFA and would not care if it died in a fire. What I do resent is those who have supported the decline of WoW for 14 years and as evidenced by the GD forum despise classic, attempting to justify getting classic for no additional cost, while those who have lobbied for it for over 10 years have to pay. I am happy to pay a separate subscription for Classic, full stop."

It does appear that so many of these people desperately want their own corner, where these players that they despise, cannot get to them.

They say they hate what WoW has become and they haven't even played it.
11/14/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Manzo
11/14/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Narya

Everyone is getting Classic for free with your retail sub.

Or as one person here who also wants to paywall players out of Classic, we are, in fact, getting a "vanilla shake" along with our current order of a Diet Coke.
$15 a month= free?
11/14/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Narya
Can someone explain to me this whole separate sub nonsense, or the "no sharding".

I wish people would stop starting off a YOUR WRONG lecture with an insincere request for something to be explained to them.

He's confused as to why people are against it and wanted clarification.
11/14/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Wagnus
$15 a month= free?

Or as some might say "You get Classic for no additional charge when you subscribe to Retail WoW."

Yes, it's "free."

variety.com/2018/gaming/news/world-of-warcraft-classic-release-date-1203018632/

Upon the game’s full release, it will be included free to anyone with a “World of Warcraft” subscription, which means new players who join the game will have access to the entirety of the “Warcraft” catalogue when opening a new account for “World of Warcraft: Classic” without paying an additional fee.
11/14/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Thèón
They say they hate what WoW has become and they haven't even played it.

More like "They would be happy to pay $20 a month for Classic only, but could never be happy to pay $15 for both and only play Classic."

They detest even being associated with Retail, which is why they are advocating for paying more for exclusivity. It's desperation.

For many of us who are against changes, the point of Classic is to go back to the time in the game's lifespan when we didn't have modern changes or tech to make things easier on us. We enjoy the inconvenience of things like no mount till 40(if you can afford it), going back to our trainers for skills, not having dual spec, and having areas with lots of people in them at launch.

Sharding fragments the community in the early days when it's first forming, and community is a huge aspect to this version of WoW. Anybody who wants to run a server opening event will run into issues as people get split off into shards and can't see each other.

We already saw that in the demo with PvP tournaments that happened, and people completely unable to participate because they were split off from the shard that had the event.
11/14/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Sabetha

For many of us who are against changes, the point of Classic is to go back to the time in the game's lifespan when we didn't have modern changes or tech to make things easier on us. We enjoy the inconvenience of things like no mount till 40(if you can afford it), going back to our trainers for skills, not having dual spec, and having areas with lots of people in them at launch.

Sharding fragments the community in the early days when it's first forming, and community is a huge aspect to this version of WoW. Anybody who wants to run a server opening event will run into issues as people get split off into shards and can't see each other.

We already saw that in the demo with PvP tournaments that happened, and people completely unable to participate because they were split off from the shard that had the event.

Get in line. I'm on an RP server which already had sharding turned off for our events throughout Legion, and when BFA went live, sharding was turned back on, and that made many of our already existing events have the same issue.

Classic definitely does not get to claim that they're the only community affected by sharding or that it's not wanted.
11/14/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Manzo
Classic definitely does not get to claim that they're the only community affected by sharding or that it's not wanted.

Considering I never claimed anything remotely close to this, I'm not sure where you're even getting this from.

Somebody asked why many of us are against sharding, and I gave them a reason as it pertains to Classic WoW.

Since, you know, this IS the forum for Classic WoW and not BfA =P