Arena/ WoW on an Xbox One controller

Arenas
I know this is HERESY to 99% of the arena population, but I just wanted to point out that it is definitely doable, and for those of you out there feeling frustrated with the game at the moment, this play style might give you a fresh take on the game while we anxiously await tuning.

Before jumping to conclusions about this setup, I've played like this since MoP, and have probably figured out potential problems you can imagine when considering this play style.
10/05/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Dëvîl
I've played like this since MoP

You weren't playing mop with an xbox controller. Too many buttons. So sayeth blizzard who pruned them
10/05/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Vãrick

You weren't playing mop with an xbox controller. Too many buttons. So sayeth blizzard who pruned them

Bind the dpad to cntrl, shift etc, then you have alot more button options.
what
10/05/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Vãrick

for instance
A = Slam
right dpad + A = Arcane torrent
down dpad + A = pvp trinket
and so on.
You're literally making the game harder for yourself lol.
Only works for Mongo Melee. True Story.
They gonna prune the game even more to make it fit on the next gen consoles, tellin' ya
Works for all specs, roles, pvp, pve.
10/05/2018 01:16 PMPosted by Dëvîl

How would you do this on your controller.

#showtooltip blind
/cast [mod:shift, target=focus] [mod:ctrl, target=party1] [mod:alt, target=party2] [ ] Shadowstep

?
10/05/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Vãrick
10/05/2018 01:16 PMPosted by Dëvîl

How would you do this on your controller.

#showtooltip blind
/cast [mod:shift, target=focus] [mod:ctrl, target=party1] [mod:alt, target=party2] [ ] Shadowstep

?

A scuf obviously

Duh
I know this is HERESY to 99% of the arena population, but I just wanted to point out that it is definitely doable, and for those of you out there feeling frustrated with the game at the moment, this play style might give you a fresh take on the game while we anxiously await tuning.

Before jumping to conclusions about this setup, I've played like this since MoP, and have probably figured out potential problems you can imagine when considering this play style.

nICE troll post man. 9.5/10
Got the add-on for my 8 year old son during legion. He's been having fun since. Not knocking anyone.
What's your highest rating playing like this? Be honest.
10/05/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Kreung
What's your highest rating playing like this? Be honest.

I actually might play a demon hunter with a controller at some point. Sounds kinda fun.

Though honestly, being able to play WoW with a controller really tells you something about how bad class design is.
10/05/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Crypticghoul
I actually might play a demon hunter with a controller at some point. Sounds kinda fun.

Though honestly, being able to play WoW with a controller really tells you something about how bad class design is.

It is not that class design is bad (which it is/ I agree), you can bind 30-50 buttons on your controller depending on what controller you have and if you bind action keys to the d-pad/extra triggers.
You could play any xpac on a controller if you use xpadder (my prefference) or some of the addons which I think have problems but do look very pretty.