Binding Heal vs Circle of Healing

Priest
Which of these (if either) would be more beneficial for Heroic - M0 - lower M+? Just got my second priest to 120, and wondering which would be better for starting out.

I's been so long since this one started out that I don't even remember what I used on her >_<
For dungeons I typically use Surge of Light. I don't know what the best option is, but that's the one I use.
CoH is more efficient for raids imo.

Blinding heal is a bait for raids and ull oom ur self with inefficient heals.

BH is great for M+
Binding is fantastic in raids, COH is hot garbage. If you sit on your keyboard and ONLY hit Binding Heal then of course you'll oom.

As far as 5 man content, Holy is pretty eh. I'd use COH for 5 mans tho if youre hard stuck on being Holy.
Surge of Light is best for mythic dungeons
He just builder his priest and is probably doing Heoric and M0+ dungeon.

Go CoE because it’s instant aoe heal. I would also go trail of light too.
10/09/2018 05:16 AMPosted by Jøhnø
CoH is more efficient for raids imo.

Blinding heal is a bait for raids and ull oom ur self with inefficient heals.

BH is great for M+

Uhh...
Both are fine in my opinion. Especially at heroic/low to mid mythic+.

I personally use binding heal - I like the faster cast/spammable aoe’ish option to keep dps topped off while healing the tank.
I either use surge of light plus trail of light (range heavy groups... lol) or binding healing plus enlightenment. Both give you a second target heal (alternating flash heal on the melee in goo or binding heal getting the melee in goo). Binding heal has to bonus of always healing you.

Mostly the binding heal now unless I know the tank is undergeared (because flash heals is more healing on the direct target than binding heal).
All 3 are fine. Surge is the worst imo, but has uses. COH is nice for things with movement and raid damage as it can be a strong movement tool in raids and dungeons. BH is the go to for most players. Also Binding is nice for the holy word resets.
In dungeons, I prefer Binding Heal if there's a lot of AoE / cleave damage. Surge of Light if it's mostly tank damage.
I think if it came down to Surge of Light vs Binding heal I would also take Binding Heal even for dungeons, however SoL synergies well with Trail of light.

So for dungeons I like the Surge of Light + Trail of Light combo more, I find Binding heal insufficient when the tank (or anyone else) is taking heavy damage, plus also helps a little bit to combat what in my opinion is Holy Priest biggest weakness (healing on the move). I think both are viable though.

For raids I tend to stick with Binding heal but lately I've been wanting to try circle of healing a bit more so I'll probably give that a try next.
Binding Heal is too good for everything.
I would have to say binding heal is probably better for Mythic + due to it's higher up time and helps lower mana consumption.
Anyone who says BH for raiding is bad, have they looked at ANY high/mid healing logs? o.0
Binding Heal is OK for dungeons, but not great. It's wonderful for raids. It's also "noob friendly" because you can essentially spam it and it's cheaper than most of your other spells. It competes well with CoH for HPS in raid content. It's out-performed in m+ by Flash Heal+Surge of Light+Trail of Light combination.

Circle of Healing is really good for group healing in raids and dungeons. Also useful for occasional instant cast for while you are moving.

Surge of Light is best for m+ for when you are moving a lot, or when you have time to Smite to build charges of it.
10/10/2018 10:57 PMPosted by Mercÿ
Surge of Light is best for m+ for when you are moving a lot, or when you have time to Smite to build charges of it.

The thing is though, Circle of Healing is more reliable and also more throughput on the move in dungeons than Surge of Light. Surge of Light was only the go-to in Legion because the rest of the row was pretty useless and not because it was particularly good, but now that it shares a row with the buffed-for-BfA CoH it's not so flash.
10/11/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Puttolol
The thing is though, Circle of Healing is more reliable and also more throughput on the move in dungeons than Surge of Light.

The context of my post is important. If you're DPSing, as I mentioned in my post, it is most likely that you will be casting a heal at the tank to keep them propped up, if casting a heal at all. Be it a Renew or a quick Flash to top them off and get an Echo rolling on them. Circle of Healing is inferior for that purpose.
I use Surge in dungeons but it's mostly because of the TOL talent pairing. The proc rate on it doesn't feel terribly effective, but there's no better choice for spam-casting on a tank so Surge it is.

Have been using COH for raids and it consistently comes in around 14-15% of total healing when used on cd. It feels weak, that's mostly the cooldown though. The range on it is quite nice, being instant is nice. It's hard to gauge whether those little perks are worth the tradeoff of spammable BH and faster holy words.