BFA lore makes no sense..

General Discussion
So the Alliance have:

- The Vindicaar.
- Lightforged Draenei, which are Draenei who fought the Burning Legion for millennia and had their very bodies infused with the power of the Holy Light.
- Tyrande acquiring God-Like powers via becoming a Night Warrior and infused with Elune's wrath.
- Alleria who absorbed the power of a Naaru fallen into Void State, L'ura.
- Jaina Proudmoore, arguably the strongest mage on Azeroth.
- Malfurion Stormrage, most powerful Druid on the planet. One of the most powerful beings on the planet.
- Draenei in general, they built the Vindicaar. Theoretically they could build another, and another, and another...

To add to that, the Alliance is united and all want to win this war unlike the Horde that are infighting with most races not agreeing with their Warchief.

So, my question is.. How are the Alliance loosing so bad in this expansion with not only a united front but all that fire power that the lore all but says is OP but isn't at all in practice?

I mean, Tyrande can't even fight Nathanos. Something Genn did easily by almost ripping him to shreds in Legion and not only that was a decent match for Sylvanas as well. If she has so called "God-Like" powers, how does an average Worgen do more damage than she can.
You're just now figuring out that the storytelling in this game has gone down the toilet?
To be honest. It's as bad on the Horde.

We have.

- The craziest, most vile Warchief the Horde ever had and for some reason the "strength and honor" races still follow her.

- One of the greatest orcish heroes DESERTING.

- The tauren leader acting like a spineless idiot as Sylvanas burns world trees and spits on everything his people stands for.

- The Darkspear are still with no oficial leadership.

- The Blood Elves are a ok with the fact that this war that Sylvanas started is about to swallow Silvermoon cause the Horde is barely able to keep the Alliance from coming after they lost Undercity.

- And for some reason, the Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren are ok with Sylvanas acting like the Cersei Lannister from Azeroth.

- That and the fact Nathanos is nearly equaling Illidan on Mary Sueness with the amount of op !@#$ he's doing.

BfA's story is %^-* on all sides here, no matter if you are Alliance or Horde we are all screwed.
10/11/2018 06:32 AMPosted by Zaluzan
To be honest. It's as bad on the Horde.

We have.

- The craziest, most vile Warchief the Horde ever had and for some reason the "strength and honor" races still follow her.

- One of the greatest orcish heroes DESERTING.

- The tauren leader acting like a spineless idiot as Sylvanas burns world trees and spits on everything his people stands for.

- The Darkspear are still with no oficial leadership.

- The Blood Elves are a ok with the fact that this war that Sylvanas started is about to swallow Silvermoon cause the Horde is barely able to keep the Alliance from coming after they lost Undercity.

- And for some reason, the Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren are ok with Sylvanas acting like the Cersei Lannister from Azeroth.

- That and the fact Nathanos is nearly equaling Illidan on Mary Sueness with the amount of op !@#$ he's doing.

BfA's story is %^-* on all sides here, no matter if you are Alliance or Horde we are all screwed.

Also Thrall is just like. Meh, whatever. Not my problem. Got kids to raise. And I've got a lot of time to set aside for moping.
I try to pay no mind to the mess of a story bfa has atm. It saves my sanity from to trying to keep track.
10/11/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Saevornu
You're just now figuring out that the storytelling in this game has gone down the toilet?

The story telling in WoW is fine.

The writing in WoW exists to support video game action; nothing more and nothing less. Trying to judge the storytelling against that found in novels, or even movies, is being a bit unfair. Does the storytelling support the game play? It does. And that is all it is intended to do.
10/11/2018 06:27 AMPosted by Marvist
So the Alliance have:

- The Vindicar.

All stop.

This is all they need. The Horde literally have no defense against this weapon. None at all.

Why the hell are the alliance attacking Zuldazar on the ground? Or by sea? Why did the alliance need Kul Tiras at all in the first place? Just put the Vindicar in orbit and take out Org, Undercity, Thunderbluff, anywhere. With week long bombardments.

The Vindicar existing, and spaceship laser cannon technology existing on the alliance side, makes nothing make sense when their main enemy uses stone axes.
You forget. The Horde have the Dev's self insert and their waifu. What can possibly compete with bad fanfic writing?
Seriously bad writing and some apparently serious Forsaken favoritism.
10/11/2018 06:58 AMPosted by Lokki
10/11/2018 06:27 AMPosted by Marvist
So the Alliance have:

- The Vindicar.

All stop.

This is all they need. The Horde literally have no defense against this weapon. None at all.

Why the hell are the alliance attacking Zuldazar on the ground? Or by sea? Why did the alliance need Kul Tiras at all in the first place? Just put the Vindicar in orbit and take out Org, Undercity, Thunderbluff, anywhere. With week long bombardments.

The Vindicar existing, and spaceship laser cannon technology existing on the alliance side, makes nothing make sense when their main enemy uses stone axes.

Too late. They already crashed it.
Both sides forget they have demon hunters with the fel hammer too.

We need boats!!!

Umm, fearless leader, as long as i have fuel I can take you anywhere you need to go. Just tell your peeps we have "peculiar" interior decorating tastes. And tell them to ignore schizo demon in the basement. Dude says some strange stuff sometimes but...he's a half good worker for us.
10/11/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Tyriellais
You forget. The Horde have the Dev's self insert and their waifu. What can possibly compete with bad fanfic writing?

You are not wrong.
The Alliance has 2 nature gods, an arcane god, the literal only person who can actually resurrect people and another priest who can see the future and has been fighting the burning legion for tens of thousands of years. Entire races of light and void forged beings... I mean the void elves can literally teleport to any point in the world at anytime they wish to. What the heck? That is so insanely powerful... Why didn't/don't they just teleport into ORG warchief's room with 50 people and kill her? Oh yea and lets not forget about the SPACESHIP! (why does WoW even have spaceships?)

So as the writers keep buffing the Alliance to insane levels.

The horde cannot be defeated because it's the entire central plot of the game you have to have 2 factions... So the Horde get the most ridiculous plot armor, and the alliance just seems to forget they have all these advantages. Like really? Malfurion? A wisp wall? did you forget you could just detonate them on your enemy? Do you remember Archimonde? Really Tyrande? You had to take Malfurion away to safe him? did you forget how to heal?

So the Alliance are idiots and the horde are lucky in the story. It's dumb.
So the Alliance have:
- Malfurion Stormrage, most powerful Druid on the planet. One of the most powerful beings on the planet.

Druids got seriously nerfed in BfA. Malfurion's healing sucks now. Plus, all you have to do is hibernate him and GG.

This is what happens when Blizzard overnerfs classes. Why do you think Thrall unsubbed? Have you seen what they did to his class?
Really the only OP thing the Horde has is that we can spawn endless Forsaken as long as there are corpses. But you're right, the Alliance is well poised to win the war. Frankly, I don't think Blizz should be afraid to decide on a clear winner and loser.
10/11/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Blasco
Really the only OP thing the Horde has is that we can spawn endless Forsaken as long as there are corpses. But you're right, the Alliance is well poised to win the war. Frankly, I don't think Blizz should be afraid to decide on a clear winner and loser.

They should. As soon as they do, they'll lose about a third of their player base, regardless of who wins.

Which just makes this whole thing even more stupid.
10/11/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Ríyx
I try to pay no mind to the mess of a story bfa has atm. It saves my sanity from to trying to keep track.

I bet my friends probably wish I would do that. Might mean I'd join them in BfA. Until then I'll happily play through old content and make new characters.
10/11/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Blasco

part of the problem is that the Horde have ended up in a draw or win through 8.1 on every major event, with all the things the alliance have they should have won at least 1 battle.
Holy !@#$, this thread made me sad.
10/11/2018 07:41 AMPosted by Angelumortis
Holy !@#$, this thread made me sad.

The games current state makes me genuinely sad. Sad because I feel powerless to fix it. In the end, Blizzard does what it wants.