Azerite gear suggestion

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
With the receant q&a there were alot of concerns regarding azerite gear, and rightly so, I also do not feel that azerite gear is a good system myself

Unfortunately we are kinda comited to this system for the rest of the expansion.

I feel the improvements coming in 8.1 will help, but will also leave a few thimgs ununanswered.

Such as:
1. Azerite gear leaves no uniqueness between dungeons and raids.
2. Tier sets have been lost and dont feel like they have been properly replaced
3.traits on azerite gear does not feel intuitive or interesting
4.players fo not feel that thier classes are unique

-answer make azerite gear from raids give a new active ability based on spec. Not every peice of gear obviously but put it on say the helmet and then on say the shoulders put a spec specific ability that synergizes with the active ability on the helmet.

This will not fix azerite gear into a great system but it will help. The active abilities being pnly available from raids, Mythic +, and rated pvp will make players feel rewarded for doing more difficult content. Having other pieces of gear synergize with the active abilities players will feel like tier sets have properly been replaced (asuming they only drop from raids). And lastly players will feel that the gear they get will actually affect there characters play style as well as fulfilling a new class fantasy with thier new spec specific abilities.

Some problems i see with this system are:
1. Players will now have a much higher emphasis on azerite gear itself and players may feel underwhelming without not only the best active ability but the best supporting abilities from the other gear.
-this could be solved by making targeting az gear by introducing a new unique bonus roll that works like a regular bonus roll but specifically targets az gear.
2. Players that do not play higher level content will feel they are left out of a big portion of game content if they dont have access to the active abilities found on the best az gear.
-solution quit crying and play hardrler content
3. Some classes were not pruned as much as other after legion and may not need or have room for another ability on thier action bar that needs another thing on the gcd
-solution is to make the abilities for those classes have longer cooldowns and longer durations. This will have to be fixed during development
4. Making multiple unique abilities and synergies for each spec would take alot of time and work to develop and balance to the point that it amy just be impractical.
-there really is no solution for this but if the resources were available it is still possible

As i said i dont think this is the end all be all solution to fix azerite gear in bfa but i do think its a good start. Let me know if you agree or disagree and hopefully someone from blizzard sees this and passes it along to the development team.
How about this...

1. Remove forging limitations on Azerite.
2. Replace the +5 ilvl at the center with the generic trait on the outer ring.
3. Let the spec- and role-specific traits morph automatically to the spec you're in
4. Allow for all of this to be unlocked outright, and give it a range of power scaling based on HoA ilvl
5. Make Azerite more readily available in all aspects (including M+)
6. (optional) If you want to add another ring to it with traits, let it be 3-4 traits but all are based on current spec and morph to a separate 3 for another spec that maybe you could choose independently.

This lets the Heart of Azeroth be relevant toward grinding and levels, as higher level and ilvl directly translate to greater damage thresholds.

This lets Azerite gear truly be unique, as the generic trait that sometimes is and sometimes isn't chosen to be always active and directed towards the type of gameplay the item came from, which is how it should have been.

And this lets them follow through on their original goal when they first announced the Heart of Azeroth in that spec-agnostic contributions don't have hidden multi-spec taxes.

If they want to stand by reforging costs, LET AZERITE DROP EVERYWHERE. Min-maxing is one thing, but the inability to wear multiple hats in a guild (especially in my versatile case as a druid) crushes the desire to help other people progress themselves.
10/12/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Hushkawnek
How about this...

1. Remove forging limitations on Azerite.
2. Replace the +5 ilvl at the center with the generic trait on the outer ring.
3. Let the spec- and role-specific traits morph automatically to the spec you're in
4. Allow for all of this to be unlocked outright, and give it a range of power scaling based on HoA ilvl
5. Make Azerite more readily available in all aspects (including M+)
6. (optional) If you want to add another ring to it with traits, let it be 3-4 traits but all are based on current spec and morph to a separate 3 for another spec that maybe you could choose independently.

This lets the Heart of Azeroth be relevant toward grinding and levels, as higher level and ilvl directly translate to greater damage thresholds.

This lets Azerite gear truly be unique, as the generic trait that sometimes is and sometimes isn't chosen to be always active and directed towards the type of gameplay the item came from, which is how it should have been.

And this lets them follow through on their original goal when they first announced the Heart of Azeroth in that spec-agnostic contributions don't have hidden multi-spec taxes.

If they want to stand by reforging costs, LET AZERITE DROP EVERYWHERE. Min-maxing is one thing, but the inability to wear multiple hats in a guild (especially in my versatile case as a druid) crushes the desire to help other people progress themselves.

These are ways to fix some of the issues with the current system but i still think it leaves action bars empty class fantasys that are dull and azerite traits that are boring and unnoticeable. And these things do need to be fixed at the same time as everything else