What's the easiest tank to level?

General Discussion
I've never really played much tanking in any MMO

I just made a guardian druid with the intention of maybe teaching myself to tank by leveling through dungeons and stuff, but saw that at least at low levels it doesn't really have any AoEs for easy threat gain, and also doesn't have an interrupt until like level 70

i'm a baby i want it as easy as possible, should I try something else?
Paladin. Most fun too.
pally def. more fun than the other tanks the guy above is right. War would be but they murdered prot and sadly i dont think it can be rezzed.
Aw man I was hoping it woulnd't be a Paladin, given that I'm already a Paladin 99.9% of the time
I have fun with warrior, despite what people say about it feeling clunky. only thing i don't really like is devastate not really doing anything anymore
not druids they do no damage and are the most boring as well.
Well it would really have to be vengeance dh since they start at 98

I like blood dk it’s always good and it’s fun

I’m not a fan of paladins I find them very boring
Blood DK.

You can pull nearly endless amounts of stuff. If you manage your cooldowns you can literally pull entire quest areas in a single pull and smash out 2 or 3 quests in one instance of combat.

Self healing is astronomical, as well as powerful aoe output as well.
Just tank some normal BfA dungeons on your Paladin, because honestly it's a really good all arounder for tanking and you won't really be learning much in low level dungeons anyway.

You have active mitigation, you have strong self healing, you have infinite interrupts with Avenger's Shield procs, you have spammable AoE [and oGCD AoE if you use your active mitigation for it], you have strong defensive CDs, and you have a fair amount of utility with blessings.
Dunno about levelling but it’s probably the simplest tank. The rotation is so simple you can focus on everything else around you instead.
I can't believe no one has said Monk. The hipster Tank.
Unless something has changed, Protection Paladin is usually what people suggest as your first tank.
10/12/2018 10:12 PMPosted by Sechi
Just tank some normal BfA dungeons on your Paladin, because honestly it's a really good all arounder for tanking and you won't really be learning much in low level dungeons anyway.

You have active mitigation, you have strong self healing, you have infinite interrupts with Avenger's Shield procs, you have spammable AoE [and oGCD AoE if you use your active mitigation for it], you have strong defensive CDs, and you have a fair amount of utility with blessings.

I dunno if I like the idea of trying to learn to tank right from level 120, I like the drip feed of new abilities to get used to instead of getting everything at once
10/12/2018 10:17 PMPosted by Actasanc
Unless something has changed, Protection Paladin is usually what people suggest as your first tank.

naw that would be druid they have even less going on
10/12/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Jerrolyn
I like the drip feed of new abilities to get used to

Consecration - Persistent Ground AoE, 3s CD
Hammer of the Righteous - semi-Spammable Melee AoE while in Consecration
Judgment - Single Target Ranged Attack /w CD
Avenger's Shield - Chain Lightning but stronger and /w CD, interrupts. Procs.
Shield of the Righteous - Active Mitigation, AoE, charge system
Reckoning - Taunt

So..

Pull /w Avenger's Shield (and whenever available), drop Consecration, spam Hammer for AoE threat, Judgment for ST threat/damage, Shield of the Righteous when damage reduction sounds nice or to keep from capping charges.

Taunt is taunt.

If you take Blessed Hammer you don't have to worry about the consecration-hammer interaction since it will AoE by default. Without the talent Hammer is single target unless you're in consecration.

Judgment is mostly superfluous and you could remove it from your bar if you truly wanted to, but it does decent damage and has at least 2 talents that involve it if you so choose.

Of course they have more abilities than that [including your nice self heal], but that's the basic tank stuff right there. I know you said you like the drip feed but we're talking like 5 buttons here, 1 of which is just flat damage.
10/12/2018 09:53 PMPosted by Jerrolyn

I just made a guardian druid with the intention of maybe teaching myself to tank by leveling through dungeons and stuff, but saw that at least at low levels it doesn't really have any AoEs for easy threat gain, and also doesn't have an interrupt until like level 70

Guardian Druid tanking is probably the easiest. You get Swipe at level 30 or something and can spam that all day at low levels.
Monk isn't half as fun as pally. Keg Smash has a decent CD for your only effective AoE move if you're running Tiger Palm talent. Otherwise you have a 6-7 aoe cd, and a 15 or 30 second other cd. At times you pull faster than that, adds spawn, or something gets pulled, pats, etc.
dh

you can get everywhere fast. they do decent damage (haven't messed with mine since legion so i might be off here). they aren't difficult to figure out. annnnnd they start at high levels.
Paladin is easiest, then Blood dk,warrior then demonhunter, then monk.

They all arent that hard to play as long as you understand mechanics like threat, aggro ranges, taunts, LOS, damage mitigation and proper cc.
10/12/2018 09:53 PMPosted by Jerrolyn

Well you already have a 120 Pally, that's probably the easiest for you.

That aside, Demon hunter. Just do legion invasions, you'll have a 110 within a week if that's all you do. Then you go to BFA content. If you can wait a little, I think that faction invasions in BFA are a similar level up mechanic.