New island expedition kick message?

General Discussion
So I'm doing an island expedition on a level 115 alt. I get kicked for unknown reasons. I try to re-queue and get the message "one or more parties are on a random dungeon cooldown" Is that the new way of saying I get a 30 minute debuff without actually saying it since there's no timer showing?
The timer is there, and unfortunately sub 120s get kicked in groups with 120s. I have had it happen to my alts too, sometimes they will say get out you are not even 120 dont waste our time. Sometimes they just kick. On my 120s i have had vote kick come up for sub 120 players, i just ignore it.

Vote kick is an abused system, i think in smaller groups like IEs it shouldnt even exist. And the deserter debuff is the absolute worst thats punishing leveling toons for no good reason, just because the people in group didnt want a non 120.
Whereas I've never ever kicked anyone for being too low of a level in such instances, there are times where someone will just go afk for a couple minutes. I kick then - and that's where a system like this is needed - because I'm not carrying someone for free. Island expeditions don't take very long when all 3 people are progressing it.

Well, unless I like them. I don't like strangers.

It really sucks though that others are kicking players lower than 120. It's good exp and a nice way to level an alt.... until Bliz nerfs it, of course. >.<
I definitely ran into this during Legion Invasions and when I opened a ticket about it the GM's only response was to suggest I 'play with friends'.

Green Jesus I wish I was kidding/exaggerating.

That was, what? 18 months ago? This is maybe the first change I've seen since and it's simply renaming the process instead of addressing it in the slightest, if I read OP's case correct.
I've done a bunch at lvl 110-112. Haven't gotten kicked once.
10/14/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Zaisun
I've done a bunch at lvl 110-112.
you get 2 levels in less than 10 islands
if you run the lowest grouping you rarely even see a 120, let alone getting kicked for not being one.
Normals are for non 120s and 120s can do them if they want. If they don't want non 120s, do heroics.
10/14/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Uzattei

I need to run with you. that comes out to about 170k XP per run, even more depending on "how much less" it is. it's been taking me about 7 trips for 1 level.
I logged off my alt after getting the "one or more parties are on a random dungeon cooldown" message after being kicked. When I log back on several hours later I am the beginning of a 30 minute debuff. Smooth going Blizz.
10/14/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Vartelby
I definitely ran into this during Legion Invasions and when I opened a ticket about it the GM's only response was to suggest I 'play with friends'.

10/14/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Vartelby
'play with friends'

Do they sell those in the cash shop now?

I would have replied: IF I HAD FRIENDS I WOULDN'T BE USING THE RANDOM SYSTEM!
Kicking someone for being below 120 is just dumb.

- they level-scale
- some class specs are still stronger at 115 than they are at 120 due to legion legendaries and trinks still working (though maybe they are disabled in IEs? Never cared enough to check.)
- there are zero new class abilities between 110 and 120
10/14/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Uzattei
10/14/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Zaisun
I've done a bunch at lvl 110-112.

It's actually more like 6-7 per level depending on the daily quest, but considering that any competent trio can knock out normals in less than 10 minutes, yeah it's by far the fastest leveling XP currently. It got a solid buff last month.
actually the lvl 113 could outdps the 120s thanks to scaling in expeditions.

maybe thats why they kicked, can't let a lvl 113 shame the 120s.

ie: reckful gets carried in expeditions by a DH that's pre-115 because nothing else can kill the stuff faster.
10/14/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Stellan
So I'm doing an island expedition on a level 115 alt. I get kicked for unknown reasons. I try to re-queue and get the message "one or more parties are on a random dungeon cooldown" Is that the new way of saying I get a 30 minute debuff without actually saying it since there's no timer showing?

if they're a premade and they don't want you to get rewards, I think they can troll kick you right before the game ends, though I could be wrong about that. You'd still collect your azerite for the weekly quest, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get the azerite for completing the island or any item drops.