Why are dks being nerfed in pvp in 8.1?

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
I'm just hoping this mentioned change with the RP reduction and Healing increase on Death Strike will not force us to spam death strike as our only defensive utility.

-secretly still hoping for a 2H honor talent, Melee wings and WoTC are a perfect example this could work!-
10/15/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Yatogami
Not to rain on my fellow hero class brothers parade but let’s get some affliction love too Yak

screw affliction
Takes 20 hours for a blue post to respond on what I'd call more of a "reactive" feedback thread, while 5 months and nothing on any Guardian thread ever since BFA's testing phases.

Seems appropriate.
10/15/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Ythisens

One of those incoming changes for example is that we're reducing the runic power cost for Death Strike in 8.1 and increasing its healing for Unholy and Frost.

Just dont tell me the healing increase is by 2 - 3 percent cuz that aint gonna change anything much...

Frost DKs need Mirror Ball and Ice in Your Vein back...
10/15/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Caféaulait
Takes 20 hours for a blue post to respond on what I'd call more of a "reactive" feedback thread, while 5 months and nothing on any Guardian thread ever since BFA's testing phases.

Seems appropriate.

Glad you agree.
Changes on the PTR for Death Knights in regards to PVP is not yet complete. More changes for Unholy and Frost are on the way and we hope to share those with you guys soon.

One of those incoming changes for example is that we're reducing the runic power cost for Death Strike in 8.1 and increasing its healing for Unholy and Frost.

Hey Blue! If you can, for the deathknight community, please give us updates on whether or not damage output is getting increased for both specs? That would give all of us a sigh of relief. No specific numbers, just a "hey you're gonna be looking better soon damage wise as compared to other plate classes".
BUMBO CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO REGAIN HIS POWER
Changes on the PTR for Death Knights in regards to PVP is not yet complete. More changes for Unholy and Frost are on the way and we hope to share those with you guys soon.

3 clear concise sentences goes a long way to alleviating a lot of concern and anxiety about our class in pvp. thank you for the response.

Theres going to need to be a buff for Death Coil then. Otherwise we will stop using it.

Please tell me that the Lichborne movement speed slow and Dead of Winter's cooldown increase/radius shrinkage is being reconsidered. Also, can you give us details on the PVE side of things? Obliteration buff or something?
is 8.1 in a week or two? Or why the hell do we have to keep waiting and waiting this is insanity. Its ALWAYS "just wait for the next patch it will be fine" at that point 3/4 of the people waiting for the changes have quit. Come on already
Theyre working on a lot of different stuff as developers so theyre super busy, but please give us the scoop at some point soon.
10/15/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Jänos

This is good news, but is there any reason we can't have this (or anything really) hotfixed into the game now?

They likely want to test balancing with it.

What about warlocks?
Thanks Yak!
khek, another promise

See you soon after 3 weeks

Why do you allow multiple classes (in multiple expansions) to be in the pvp dumpster until the *.1 patch? When classes are so clearly garbage (as was made clear in the months of alpha/beta) why does it take so long to get a fix?

I just want to do arena as an afflock, but trying to find one of the four people willing to play with afflocks has been a wee bit difficult.
10/15/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Caféaulait

Seems appropriate.

Ion addressed tank issues and mentioned Guardian/Prot getting buffs specifically in the Q&A. Dunno how that's flown by the two druids that posted in here. Actually I'm not sure why any spec with blue post is in here asking for attention when their threads either have blue text already or were mentioned directly by the Game Director in Q&A.

Posted by Ythisens

Thanks very much for posting. I can only hope you all are reading the pve threads regarding Unholy and are considering some adjustments to how both dps specs do damage. Please consider coming to the UDK feedback thread started by Gurthang as well.

Could you elaborate as to why you are removing pvp talents from Unholy? Are they to be replaced or are they being pruned?

10/15/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Rothulian
Theres going to need to be a buff for Death Coil then. Otherwise we will stop using it.

This is accurate, in Beta WoD DK's weren't using coil due to low damage in pvp, in beta. Because of a passive trait on DS it was always better in Beta to DS (even if you used Necrotic Plague). You and I and every other UDK saw low coil damage in Legion for the first 1/2 the expac. When you use Death Coil and it's a DPS loss that feels very, very bad.

As is Unholy is very squishy, passively it seems. Improvement to our active mitigation is great, but our passive armor needs to come up, way up.