This Expansion Wasn't Even Spell Checked

General Discussion
Seriously. This is literally the height of lazy.

https://imgur.com/a/3LYYoqe

FOR UNTIL CANCELLED?! Are you kidding?
Since because pickles.
English isn't all of our first language, if you have an issue with that then get off your high horse, buster. Go put your "find" in the bug report section.
unplayable
It is impressive how many spelling and grammatical errors that can be found in-game. Many of them would show up in Spell Check.

I do report them when I find them - but nothing seems to change. I expect correct spelling and grammar are very low on the list of "things that need fixing".
Funny thing is, this is happening everywhere. Millennial news article writers are even worse.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE you're a racist

10/16/2018 05:24 AMPosted by Isthranstaul
English isn't all of our first language, if you have an issue with that then get off your high horse, buster. Go put your "find" in the bug report section.

The problem is, Guild Perks have never had their descriptors changed. Ever. So this change is baffling because it was not needed and was fine during beta.

10/16/2018 05:29 AMPosted by Fairaday
I expect correct spelling and grammar are very low on the list of "things that need fixing".
Deadly throw used to read "combo pioionts"
oh no!

a superfluous f?

whatever shall we do!

something something.. game is dying.

(but honestly, you could just report the typo instead of being so dramatic)
More than likely it was a programming thing. For Until is a loop command in some programming languages. You'll notice when items are datamined, the tooltips make little sense as they have things like & and % rather than words. Since we know that item in the image has a duration, the For Until part is likely eluding to something like For X amount of time Until it expires or is cancelled. The duration just isn't showing. Think banners last 5 minutes.

That's a bug, but it's not really a typo like you think.
I love how calling out spelling mistakes is racist now. This is a multi billion dollar company. They have the assets to spell check no matter what you snowflakes say.
Oh gurl, have you even read the quest text in this expansion? Typos are ALL OVER. I've seen one or two in the pop up dialogue balloons that appear over NPCs heads, too.
You don't spell check mistakes like that. At least in my experience, each one has to be found, reported, and fixed. So some will occasionally fall through the cracks.

Source: I worked in QA for a major publisher.
10/16/2018 05:34 AMPosted by Dyra
More than likely it was a programming thing. For Until is a loop command in some programming languages. You'll notice when items are datamined, the tooltips make little sense as they have things like & and % rather than words. Since we know that item in the image has a duration, the For Until part is likely eluding to something like For X amount of time Until it expires or is cancelled. The duration just isn't showing. Think banners last 5 minutes.

That's a bug, but it's not really a typo like you think.

Or maybe it really is a typo. There's no reason for a for loop to exist in that scenario.

"Summons a Guild Chest that allows you to access your guild bank for 30 minutes"
"Summons a Guild Chest that allows you to access your guild bank until canceled"

See where they messed up now?
10/16/2018 05:30 AMPosted by Lathander
Funny thing is, this is happening everywhere. Millennial news article writers are even worse.

I was hoping that I was hallucinating, but apparently not. The last few times I opened up a mainstream news article, I found a few glaring ones right off the bat.

As for typos within WoW, I noticed one or two under the boss mechanic listings for Uldir, not to mention that I sent in a bug report for "Gravewalker's Facegaurd" well over a month ago, and it still hasn't changed.
That's not a spelling error, that's a grammatical error.
10/16/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Sarcasmic

I doubt it was typed out all in one go as "for until cancelled" Blizz likely has a process for writing tooltips that just occasionally comes up with odd sounding phrases from time to time.

How I assume it works is that for spells that have a duration, they just type that it "lasts for" and then later when they have a duration to enter they just insert it there, no matter if it's six seconds, 2 minutes or until cancelled".

So yes, Blizz now can probably go back and delete the "For" in the tooltip but for the 90% of all other spells that use an actual time for spell duration, it works perfectly.
10/16/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Sarcasmic

It does have spell check .if you misspelled in this forum it is underlined.Done and simple.